Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Cavs will overpay for a marquee free agent in his late 20s, who will break down within two to three years of his new contract, frustrating Kyrie Irving down the line, leading him to demand a trade. It happens, don't fight it.
Fate of small market teams. It's unfortunate, but even I have already come to accept, and expect, to lose KD in 2016 if we don't win a title by then. He goes to LA, teams up with Dwight, owns the NBA. Maybe if John Wall has improved more, he goes home to DC.

By the way, the Thunder alternates are navy and white. They got new practice and pregame gear too

251219_10151086007063995_1922165820_n.jpg

Some more pics from yesterday

Yeah, instead of Eric Maynor waving off Kevin Durant it was Derek Fisher. :lol:

Raymond Felton to start at shooting guard for the Knicks :wow: :rofl:
Kidd basically operates as a spot up shooting guard in the half court and is better equipped to defend shooting guards these days, so it's really Kidd that is the shooting guard.

even I have already come to accept, and expect, to lose KD in 2016 if we don't win a title by then. He goes to LA, teams up with Dwight, owns the NBA

:smokin

We accept your prediction. Please keep him healthy until that day, we promise to send you a nice parting gift for your consideration. Until then, good luck with your squad, you all have a bright future.

The Cavs will overpay for a marquee free agent in his late 20s, who will break down within two to three years of his new contract, frustrating Kyrie Irving down the line, leading him to demand a trade. It happens, don't fight it.

This Memphis fan knows his stuff.

Russ in J's :nerd:

Still not buying the KD to LA talk :lol:

The Thunder just need completely new uniforms. Keep the basic orange/blue/white theme, but just change everything.

So it's not a good thing that Royce White missed Media Day, a team flight and the first day of practice.

So it's not a good thing that Royce White missed Media Day, a team flight and the first day of practice.
Read an article from the Houston chronicle, it was his Doctor's recommendation. They are working on a treatment for his anxiety. It seems worse than it is because I guess his doctor isn't in contact with either Morey or McHale who both somewhat threw Royce under the bus implying his absence was inexcused. Let me find the link.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/e...ckets-training-camp-because-of-anxiety-issues

4 | Comments

Royce White's NBA career is off to a rocky start. (Getty Images)

Royce White's struggle with anxiety issues has been well-documented. He was red-flagged before the draft as teams steered away from him.

The Rockets ended up taking a chance, picking White 16th overall.

But White is missing from the opening day of training camp for what the team is officially calling "personal reasons." According to Fox 26 Sports in Houston, White's absence is related to his anxiety issues:

[White] told FOX 26 Sports the personal matters are related to the fact that he suffers from anxiety issues.

"We are trying to figure out a plan for me to be healthy and successful long-term," White said. "It's not really anything that's going on right now. It's more of trying to take a proactive approach and trying to put together a solid plan.

"It is definitely linked with my anxiety, sure, but it's not so much as far as my anxiety now. Basically what happened was my doctor, we discussed it, and it was decided the way the plan was now just wasn't logistically healthy.

"So what can we do strategically to try and improve the chances of everybody being successful in this situation, my success and the Rockets success? If I fail then that's not good for them, either, because it's an investment
."

White said he did not know how long it would take before he rejoined the team.

Kevin McHale told reporters he has "no idea" how long White will be out.

Later Tuesday night, the Rockets issued the following brief statement on behalf of GM Daryl Morey: "We are committed to Royce's long-term success and we will continue to support him now and going forward."

White said this before the draft: "Panic attacks are like, if you have one you are susceptible to another one. Your mind races and the adrenaline starts to pump. The adrenaline is so powerful it makes your heart beat faster. That sends it back to your mind, and you're like, my heart is beating. Panic on top of panic on top of panic. It feels like you're dying."

Following his selection, White admitted, "Of course I'm worried about how much I have to fly in the NBA. I'm very worried about the schedule. I just don't like to fly. I'm very scared. Bottom line."

So it's clear that this transition into the NBA life isn't going to be a piece of cake for him. An NBA rookie is walking into a whole new world with brand new stresses and pressures that he's never felt before. It would be challenging for anyone, much less someone who suffers from anxiety issues.

Obviously, it's a shame to see White's issue affecting him so early in his career but he's overcome in the past and this is just another small bump in the road for him.

Last edited:
Russ in J's :nerd:

Still not buying the KD to LA talk :lol:

The Thunder just need completely new uniforms. Keep the basic orange/blue/white theme, but just change everything.

naw their jerseys are perfect, i have a feeling the alternate will be trash tho.

they could have been hot if they went with the design im thinking in my head. :smh:

Dwight is the best center in the league, but does anybody see him having a little more adversity with some of the big men in the west? Al Jeff, Marc Gasol, DMC, McGee, Love/Pekovic, Perk (has always played Dwight well). I'm not saying he wont still do great against those guys, but could he wear down faster and earlier in the season?

I seriously don't think so.

Dwight & Nash are just going to be so deadly and murk teams when they run the pick & roll on teams this season.

As long as Mike Brown manages his minutes right we got Jordan Hill to give him a blow whenever he gets tired or is in foul trouble. Gasol also can slide over to the 5 spot and put either Hill or Jamison at the 4 while Dwight rests on the bench.

Last edited:
Couplet88 why u lie? Uknow damn well uhate the lakers :lol: u were the only dude in the lakers thread swearing dwight wasnt gonna goto the lakers lol that the fans were stupid and delusional. Go look atyourcomments in the lakers offseason thread quit tryna pull a japanair :lol:

How can anyone look at that Knicks squad and even remotely think they are going to make some noise in the East? Dysfunctional and old. But yea...they're contenders.

How can anyone look at that Knicks squad and even remotely think they are going to make some noise in the East? Dysfunctional and old. But yea...they're contenders.

They are literally the oldest team in NBA History :lol:

*Yawn* The old thing is so overhyped. The starting 5 isn' old, the core rotation has a couple old guys and those guys are still effective players.

Kidd, Felton
Shump, Jr
Melo, Brewer, Novak
Amar'e, Kurt
Tyson, Camby

Those are the guys who will play this season. And please tell me how they are dysfunctional? They were one of the better teams in the East when Woodson took over and Melo started actually trying again.

Knicks chances of going to the ECF>>>Wiz chance of making the playoffs.

*Yawn* The old thing is so overhyped. The starting 5 isn' old, the core rotation has a couple old guys and those guys are still effective players.

Kidd, Felton
Shump, Jr
Melo, Brewer, Novak
Amar'e, Kurt
Tyson, Camby

Those are the guys who will play this season. And please tell me how they are dysfunctional? They were one of the better teams in the East when Woodson took over and Melo started actually trying again.

Knicks chances of going to the ECF>>>Wiz chance of making the playoffs.

OVER THE DAMN WIZARDS

really you said that like the wiz will make noise :lol:

they might not sniff #10 spot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom