Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Felton get in shape, or did he just stop eating donuts?
Felton is and has been playing like he's possessed. Their is something about him playing in New York. It seems like he just steps it up. Its unexplainable, I saw the way he was playing in Demver and Portland after the trade.

What's most impressive about this win was Melo's stat line. If this was 2-3 years ago, Melo would've shot his way to a loss. His approach to games now has drastically changed since London.

He was having a terrible game shooting, but he did everything else VERY well. Really shows his leadership.

Assists: 3
Rebounds: 12

Like I said earlier, I really wish this game was nationally televised. His defense has really improved.

Last edited:
Melo is playing the 4 this year.
Z-Bo will be on Melo

You mean Melo will be on Zbo. Memphis isn't that stupid to put Zbo on Melo :lol: . They are going to hide him on their worst perimeter player. Probably Brewer.

Brewer doesn't play as much. He starts games, but thats because we let JR come off the bench and give a spark for the second unit.

Memphis will probably put Tony Allen on Melo.

It's going to be hilarious to see Z-Bo work Melo in the post tomorrow, they can't let that happen.

I won't make an excuse already, but I don't expect the Knicks to win tomorrow. I'll be satisfied so long as they compete and it's not a blowout.

Brewer doesn't play as much. He starts games, but thats because we let JR come off the bench and give a spark for the second unit.
Memphis will probably put Tony Allen on Melo.
Honestly bro, I wouldn't be surprised if the the Knicks start Rasheed Wallace at the PF position because the Grizzlies are a tall physical team. ZBo is averaging 13 rebounds a game, he makes BlakenGriffin look weak, I doubt the Knicks are going to try to have Melo guard him.

Melo and Gay very well may be going at each other.

who do Knicks play next? :nerd:

chris-broussard-memphis.jpg

Guess I'm the only one who thinks we'll win :lol:.

Not handily like the first 5; especially on a back to back.

Miami has Ray looking a little bit like Seattle Ray :pimp:

(playmaking)

Last edited:
What's going to hurt the Knicks is their backcourt against Memphis. Memphis has a tendency to give Felton and Kidd problems, and I expect it to continue. Grizz have the defenders to keep JR in check. Rudy can hold his own vs. Melo. Put TA up against Kidd or Felton for the time being until JR comes in. Then, throw Pondexter in there on him or Melo.

Should be a fun game, though.

What's going to hurt the Knicks is their backcourt against Memphis. Memphis has a tendency to give Felton and Kidd problems, and I expect it to continue. Grizz have the defenders to keep JR in check. Rudy can hold his own vs. Melo. Put TA up against Kidd or Felton for the time being until JR comes in. Then, throw Pondexter in there on him or Melo.
Should be a fun game, though.

Knicks should beat the Grizzlies imo, but I don't think they'll have the energy especially after an emotional win tonight.

Please don't give any excuses if the Knicks lose. ESPN was giving OKC all kinds of excuses last night (talking about they all of a sudden miss Harden) and people were making excuses for Miami.

If Memphis ends up losing to the Bobcats on the back end after playing the Knicks, I'll just say they lost. Chester would say they suck, which is fine with me too. :lol:

Last edited:
Please don't give any excuses if the Knicks lose. ESPN was giving OKC all kinds of excuses last night (talking about they all of a sudden miss Harden) and people were making excuses for Miami.
If Memphis ends up losing to the Bobcats on the back end after playing the Knicks, I'll just say they lost. Chester would say they suck, which is fine with me too. :lol:
The Thunder do miss Harden tho.

Grizzlies are nice tho, I had them in the western conference finals last year but the Clippers messed that one up. They would have taken the Spurs down again.

If grizzlies win then they win. Is what it is.

Too bad he's playing even worse defense than he did in Seattle.

Ray was never known for his lock-down stellar one on one defense though.

His lateral movement has declined over the years as those ankles have aged and become worse.

Season Team G GS MPG FG% 3p% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG
12-13 MIA 9 0 27.0 0.535 0.541 0.864 0.4 2.6 3.0 2.3 1.3 0.2 1.3 2.2 12.8
Career 1157 1140 36.8 0.453 0.401 0.894 1.0 3.2 4.2 3.5 1.2 0.2 2.2 2.3 19.9

His numbers, albeit a small sample size, are right on against his career averages. He is not even 100% healthy yet either or acclimated to his new team. He is also 37 years old. Not bad.

The Heat are giving up nearly 110 points per 100 possessions on defense when he's on the court. Yeah, his ankles are bothering him and he's old, but that doesn't discount the fact that he's been flammable on defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom