Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No it doesn't cross their mind.. Their agent negotiates the deal. Agent gets money in his home state for the deal, so they push for more max money. The best agents in the world, don't negotiate based on taxes. They get every dollar they can because saving $11mil in taxes doesn't matter to them.. Bosh & Bron went to Miami because Wade was there, and they could add all 3. Had the Heat had space and didn't have Wade they would have probably only gotten Bosh, Bron would have stayed in Cleveland, and wherever DWade was... He would have stayed as well. They took a slight paycut because that was the only way it would work. If Bron & Bosh had to take $10mil paycuts, there would be absolutely no way they sign in Miami.

4th largest city means absolutely nothing in sports marketing. None.. In the sports world it is a dead zone. Not saying Houston is a bad city, just saying in terms of sports marketing it is.. You make endorsements by being the face. Certain players, Lebron's & KD's make money by being the best players. But It's much easier to sell CP3 as the face of an LA/NY/CHI team. Dwight as the face of an LA/NY/CHI team than part of a team in Houston. Also if Houston is so great for endorsements/exposure, how did the marketing cash cow of Jeremy Lin not even ran top 15 in jersey sales in the US, internationally, and not top 5 in China. Dwight especially, he will never regain a marketing image in Houston.

Another example: Dirk $400K in endorsements last year.. Pau $2.1mil in endorsements..

Amare still had $3.5mil in endorsements in 2013. Year before he had $8mil.

Chris Paul's last year in New Orleans was less than $2mil in endorsements (No actual number of how low he was).. He had $3.8mil in endorsements last year.

And if that was the case that hey let's take less money and surround themselves with a better team in 2014. Wade, Bosh, Bron should all opt out. Sign $10mil contracts so the Heat will have an extra $30mil + in space.
In other words your saying you have to be in NY or LA to make millions in endorsements which is not the case. Agents DO care about the taxes. It's a large portion of negotiating deals. Thats 10 % less of their 5 %.

No it doesn't cross their mind.. Their agent negotiates the deal. Agent gets money in his home state for the deal, so they push for more max money. The best agents in the world, don't negotiate based on taxes. They get every dollar they can. Bosh & Bron went to Miami because Wade was there, and they could add all 3. Had the Heat had space and didn't have Wade they would have probably only gotten Bosh, Bron would have stayed in Cleveland, and wherever DWade was... He would have stayed as well. They took a slight paycut because that was the only way it would work. If Bron & Bosh had to take $10mil paycuts, there would be absolutely no way they sign in Miami.

4th largest city means absolutely nothing in sports marketing. None.. In the sports world it is a dead zone. Not saying Houston is a bad city, just saying in terms of sports marketing it is.. You make endorsements by being the face. Certain players, Lebron's & KD's make money by being the best players. But It's much easier to sell CP3 as the face of an LA/NY/CHI team. Dwight as the face of an LA/NY/CHI team than part of a team in Houston. Also if Houston is so great for endorsements/exposure, how did the marketing cash cow of Jeremy Lin not even ran top 15 in jersey sales in the US, internationally, and not top 5 in China. Dwight especially, he will never regain a marketingf image in Houston.

Another example: Dirk $400K in endorsements last year.. Pau $2.1mil in endorsements..

Amare still had $3.5mil in endorsements. Year before he had $8mil.

And if that was the case that hey let's take less money and surround ourselves with a better team in 2014. Wade, Bosh, Bron should all opt out. Sign $10mil contracts so the Heat will have an extra $30mil + in space.

So the agents in charge? Last time I checked the agents worked for the players...I ain't them but my agent would be doing what I wanted.

Lin didn't make big endorsement money cause him game didn't travel to H town

We can go back and forth...and can agree to disagree but Houston isn't a bad option

No I'm saying that.. I'm saying that being in LA & NY gets you millions more in endorsements, regardless of the player.

You don't think Lebron or KD would have more endorsement money had they been in LA & NY? You're lying to yourself if you think otherwise.

And agents get payed on the deal they negotiate not after tax income.. They also receive a larger chunk of endorsement money.

But you're saying for both of them.. When you figure out how you get them both.. Let me know about that.

Dwight Howard has a better chance over the next 2 years to win a title than in LA than he does in Houston. Either way that chance is slim.

Last edited:
Would be noble of Paul & Howard if they decided to take less to come to Houston. Frankly I don't see it happening.

If Houston were to pull off the coup I think they would have to get Dwight on board first similar to how Miami got Bosh to sign in first in 2010.

No I'm saying that.. I'm saying that being in LA & NY gets you millions more in endorsements, regardless of the player.

You don't think Lebron or KD would have more endorsement money had they been in LA & NY? You're lying to yourself if you think otherwise.

And agents get payed on the deal they negotiate not after tax income.. They also receive a larger chunk of endorsement money.

But you're saying for both of them.. When you figure out how you get them both.. Let me know about that.

Dwight Howard has a better chance over the next 2 years to win a title than in LA than he does in Houston. Either way that chance is slim.
Charles Barkley was one of the most endorsed players and the biggest market he played in was Philly. It doesn't always matter where you are located.

You always could. The most recent example, was Pat Riley trading Stan Van Gundy to the Magic. Who was still a paid consultant at the time

It's been like that for awhile.

Pat Riley was traded to the Heat in 1995 for money. Chris Wallace was traded to the Celtics around that time too. The last time it happened was Stan Van Gundy going to the Magic for a draft pick.

Excuse my ignorance but you can trade coaches now? :lol:

wow, nice for the Clippers if that deal goes down :x

CP3
?????
Pierce
Griffin
Garnett

Billups and Crawford off the bench

:smh:

well maybe not Billups, he blows now but im sure Crawford is still with the Clippers next season correct?

I CAN NOT see griffin as a celtic. I can see cp as one, tho. Dwight and cp as rockets would be cool, but I've got a feeling the honeymoon wouldn't last long. Cp would be ready to ring his neck by Christmas. It'll be like two friends agreeing to be roommates not knowing small things about the other person that will tick them off to no end. Cp will demand a trade during the middle of a game with his little temperamental self.

Clippers and Lakers trade? 
roll.gif

[table][tr][td]
@ESPNSteinLine Among scenarios Clips considering, sources say, is offer of Blake Griffin & Bledsoe in sign-and-trade pitch Lakers for Dwight after July 1
[/td][/tr][/table]

@ESPNSteinLine Among scenarios Clips considering, sources say, is offer of Blake Griffin & Bledsoe in sign-and-trade pitch Lakers for Dwight after July 1

Last edited:
Clippers and Lakers trade? :rofl:

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Lakers have fully resisted Clippers overtures on a sign-and-trade for Dwight Howard. "They will never do it," source with knowledge tells Y!

Last edited:
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Lakers have fully resisted Clippers overtures on a sign-and-trade for Dwight Howard. "They will never do it," source with knowledge tells Y!

Good. I seriously hope that never happens.

Whos gonna be back first, Westbrook or Rose? :nerd:

Westbrook is the type of dude that will hop in a pickup game with anyone in town at any time of the day...I have no doubt that dude will be back in action as soon as he possibly can. God knows if we'll ever even see Rose in a real life NBA game again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom