Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill Simmons: Magic, you have some experience playing hurt in the Finals. What happened in 1988?
Magic: Against Detroit, you know, I had a pulled groin. And so I asked the doctors to shoot me up in that groin. I got a shot before the game and at halftime.
Jalen Rose: Every game?
Magic: Every game, so that I could play. And so it turned out great because I wanted to win. You know you get here—Look, if Tony Parker can go, he will be going.
Bill Simmons: It didn't turn out great for your groin. Can you get a shot for that?

How did i miss this? :smh: :rofl:

KNICK FANS
roll.gif

New FIBA rules

No new 24 secs shot clock after an offensive rebound on missed FG or FT, instead it gets reset to 14 seconds after offensive rebound. This will really speed up the game.... I have a feeling they'll repeal this rule after a few years... Changes the fundamental complex of basketball too greatly IMO

No charge-block semi circle area. This probably won't do much to help curve flopping but at least it makes things a little easier for the terrible FIFA refs

man i dunno what the cap space looks like for the rockets in 2014 but if lebron went to the rockets.... damn would be a tough team

Lettuce be cereal the only teams Miami has to care about in the East is Indiana and Chicago. We don't know how Rose is gonna look and they might end up matching up with each other anyways and making it even easier for Miami.

The only thing Miami has to worry about is the regular season rest. They played their main rotation guys a **** ton of minutes this year with the streak going and getting most wins in franchise history. But next year that shouldn't be an issue. 55-60 wins and Shaq type rest every few games for DWade and they should be good for another run.

To make it to 4 straight finals is damn near impossible no matter how deep your team is.

indiana will probably knock them out next year but if they make it to the finals for the fourth straight year they will be looked at as one of the great teams in the nba and deservedly so...

like dude said home court is going to be very important.

Last edited:
The Knicks beat Miami during the regular season with three point barrages. Miami has a tough time covering the three as we saw with how they guarded Danny Green in the first 5 games, though he was also in a zone I've never seen before. That's not to say we would've won because the playoffs are a different beast, but we had a chance of sticking around in a series.

Anyway, Miami is going to have to re-up on cheap perimeter shooters to get the job done and I think they'll be fine when it comes to that. The real problem is Wade and other teams coming back at full strength.

:lol: The Knicks. They were beating everyone with three point barrages at one point in the season and then they choked. The Heat beat the Spurs without LeBron and Wade in the middle of San Antonio in a regular season game, and they barely beat them in the end.

The Knicks offense is so predictable. As soon as Carmelo Anthony gets the ball, just quintuple team him because no matter what, the next time the ball leaves his hand won't be a pass but a shot at the basket.

LeBatard's rants are corny.

News is coming out that Rondo and Doc had a heated exchange during one point in the season and they almost came to blows. Still don't buy that as the reason he wants to leave. If he really disliked Rajon, he would have had him shipped out when he could have.

Rondo and Doc = Percy and Frazier.

Actually, I don't know, but it sounds similar. Rondo probably is gone though...He's the biggest trade piece Boston has at ever getting more talent back to that roster unless they get lucky in the draft.

I don't think Rondo has issues, he plays tough, hustles and makes good plays. I think every time he gets injured, people blame the lost season on him.

Jeff Green didnt step up until the end of the season/playoffs. Paul Pierce is slowing down and taking more shots and KG isnt as aggressive. Rondo cant do everything.

I think rondo has problems and he hides it from the public. Ray and doc seem to be pretty cool but he managed to not get along with them. They said punches were almost thrown today. I think he's just really temperamental, kinda like cp3.

They need to dish him to indiana.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom