Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ACB was just teaching me in the Laker thread about sending statement wins in November.

After my gut stopped hurting from laughing so hard, I tried to show him the error of his ways.

Maybe he thinks the Warriors are part of his "statement" wins list?

It's November Basketball... Hell almost the entire regular season doesn't matter..

But what the point was the Spurs fans are so quick to say we beat Lakers by 2 as if it is relevant to anything. Then when talk of Clippers beating them twice, they make an excuse like we'll see in May.

It's one or the other. Not both. And the answer is individual wins mean absolutely nothing in the regular season.

But I'm steadfast on my opinion. Wins/Losses in regular season against certain teams mean almost nothing..

Last edited:
It's November Basketball... Hell almost the entire regular season doesn't matter..

But what the point was the Spurs fans are so quick to say we beat Lakers by 2 as if it is relevant to anything. Then when talk of Clippers beating them twice, they make an excuse like we'll see in May.

It's one or the other. Not both. And the answer is individual wins mean absolutely nothing in the regular season.

But I'm steadfast on my opinion. Wins/Losses in regular season against certain teams mean almost nothing..
Having read that, if the Kings beat the Lakers on Wednesday, that'll probably complete my season 
laugh.gif

I agree. It is clear that the level of intensity and desire go up more than tenfold in the postseason when elimination is on the line. Very few players bring it for 82 games. Everyone can't have the intensity of a KG or Kobe. Some dudes just cruise through the regular season waiting for the games that truly matter.

In a perfect world, all wins/games would matter.....but they just don't. I don't think Shaq really started to play until April. :lol:

Having read that, if the Kings beat the Lakers on Wednesday, that'll probably complete my season :lol:

If it makes you sleep at night... I'lll allow it. :lol:

Former Andrew Bynum Teammate Says ‘No Other NBA Player Likes Basketball Less’

owling doesn’t generally seem like a high-impact sport, or a potential injury risk. That said, Andrew Bynum’s decision to go bowling while unable to play or practice for the Sixers because of a knee injury is a curious one.

When questioned about the decision, Bynum didn’t seem to think it was a big deal. Perhaps his decision to bowl has less to do with whether or not bowling is dangerous for Bynum, and more to do with where basketball is on his priority list.

I sent SLAM Magazine senior editor Tzvi Twersky (follow @TTwersky) a text message on Friday night, asking him if he had heard anything about Bynum injuring his left knee while bowling. As someone who is generally plugged in to these sort of things, I thought he might have some insight.

“I started investigating [the bowling] a little bit,” Twersky said. “And one of the people that I hit, a guy who has played with him before, he texted me back and said ‘I don’t know if that’s true [the bowling], but I do know that I’ve never met another player in the league who likes basketball less [than Bynum].”

“The disclaimer is, I don’t know Andrew like that. From what I hear, he’s a good guy,” Twersky said. “But the fact that I heard this from a guy who has played with him before, it kind of made me think, ‘what’s going on here exactly?’ That’s not the kind of a guy that I necessarily want to be maxing out.

I mean look, I’m sure he’s rehabbing hard, and I know he’s had all of these injury problems. But the fact is, that’s not the kind of thing that people go for in Philadelphia, you know.”

Bynum is in the final year of his contract, and will be an unsrestricted free-agent after this season. To keep him, the Sixers will most likely have to offer him a max deal. What once seemed like an easy decision, has definitely become more complicated.

The Sixers are 6-4, and if it wasn’t clear before, it should be clear now that they will spend a significant portion of this season without Bynum. Jrue Holiday has seemed up to the task, and Thaddeus Young has been steady, while Evan Turner has shown flashes of great play, and flashes of mediocrity. After losing to the Bucks and the then 0-8 Pistons, the Sixers seem back on track.

“I think they’re where they’re supposed to be, considering Andrew’s out,” Twersky said. “I think the Sixers, the ownership, whatever it might be overhyped them this summer. They were preening them around like this. You know, it’s like when you bring your fiancee, and you introduce her to all your friends, and before you introduce her you’re like ‘she’s a model, she’s a beauty queen,’ and you bring her in and she’s a heffer. They oversold her, so people are looking for looking for bigger things than they got. And that’s why people are disappointed, and that’s why attendance is down 2,000 a game.”

The Sixers average attendance during the 2011-12 season was 17,502 per game, and this season’s average is 15,453.
Link

Mitch. :pimp:

Thank God for his season last year + Dwight getting hurt. Perfect storm. As if it was meant to be.

^^^ And I guess I have to give Orlando some credit for being smart enough not to take on BynUM as their franchise cornerstone. I still think they could have gotten more for Howard than they did, but at least they don't have to worry about a guy like Bynum eating up their cap space for a number of years.

And, based on observing him here in LA, I believe that what that article says about him not like basketball all that much.

I forgot who said it (might have been Downtown43) but to borrow a quote..."if Andrew Bynum wasn't 7 feet tall, he'd be a Gamestop employee right now".

Didn't they just shoot that commercial like a few days ago?? Could have sworn I saw a pic of Dwight on twitter the other day at the shoot.

Former Andrew Bynum Teammate Says ‘No Other NBA Player Likes Basketball Less’

owling doesn’t generally seem like a high-impact sport, or a potential injury risk. That said, Andrew Bynum’s decision to go bowling while unable to play or practice for the Sixers because of a knee injury is a curious one.

When questioned about the decision, Bynum didn’t seem to think it was a big deal. Perhaps his decision to bowl has less to do with whether or not bowling is dangerous for Bynum, and more to do with where basketball is on his priority list.

I sent SLAM Magazine senior editor Tzvi Twersky (follow @TTwersky) a text message on Friday night, asking him if he had heard anything about Bynum injuring his left knee while bowling. As someone who is generally plugged in to these sort of things, I thought he might have some insight.

“I started investigating [the bowling] a little bit,” Twersky said. “And one of the people that I hit, a guy who has played with him before, he texted me back and said ‘I don’t know if that’s true [the bowling], but I do know that I’ve never met another player in the league who likes basketball less [than Bynum].”

“The disclaimer is, I don’t know Andrew like that. From what I hear, he’s a good guy,” Twersky said. “But the fact that I heard this from a guy who has played with him before, it kind of made me think, ‘what’s going on here exactly?’ That’s not the kind of a guy that I necessarily want to be maxing out.

I mean look, I’m sure he’s rehabbing hard, and I know he’s had all of these injury problems. But the fact is, that’s not the kind of thing that people go for in Philadelphia, you know.”

Bynum is in the final year of his contract, and will be an unsrestricted free-agent after this season. To keep him, the Sixers will most likely have to offer him a max deal. What once seemed like an easy decision, has definitely become more complicated.

The Sixers are 6-4, and if it wasn’t clear before, it should be clear now that they will spend a significant portion of this season without Bynum. Jrue Holiday has seemed up to the task, and Thaddeus Young has been steady, while Evan Turner has shown flashes of great play, and flashes of mediocrity. After losing to the Bucks and the then 0-8 Pistons, the Sixers seem back on track.

“I think they’re where they’re supposed to be, considering Andrew’s out,” Twersky said. “I think the Sixers, the ownership, whatever it might be overhyped them this summer. They were preening them around like this. You know, it’s like when you bring your fiancee, and you introduce her to all your friends, and before you introduce her you’re like ‘she’s a model, she’s a beauty queen,’ and you bring her in and she’s a heffer. They oversold her, so people are looking for looking for bigger things than they got. And that’s why people are disappointed, and that’s why attendance is down 2,000 a game.”

The Sixers average attendance during the 2011-12 season was 17,502 per game, and this season’s average is 15,453.
Link

tracy morgan :smh:

minus well post this here too

MCCB112012.jpg

Jimmy, Paul, Lu and Ringo

^^^ And I guess I have to give Orlando some credit for being smart enough not to take on BynUM as their franchise cornerstone. I still think they could have gotten more for Howard than they did, but at least they don't have to worry about a guy like Bynum eating up their cap space for a number of years.
And, based on observing him here in LA, I believe that what that article says about him not like basketball all that much.

Bynum's attitude isn't a complete surprise given the stories over the past few years, but as a Laker fan I never saw anything that legitimately made me worry about his desire. He seems like he really went off the deep end once he left.

The most stories we got during his Laker years were the World Cup, YOLO three, astute observation that there are banks in every city, and maybe a few others. None of those stories were quite on the "I don't give a ****" level that they're on now.

I mean... why did he have GLOVES on at the game? Did he just murder somebody? Bury the body? Did he drive a motorcycle to the arena???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom