Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
To understand, consider the league's position. The problem the NBA needs to solve is not how to eliminate every flop from the game. The problem they're trying to solve is how to keep the league from looking foolish in the media and online day in and day out. They acted on this issue once that became a daily reality, through Jeff Van Gundy's routine rants on game broadcasts, #FlopoftheNight, and a growing class of "wow that was a whopper of a flop" chatter.

To understand, consider the league's position. The problem the NBA needs to solve is not how to eliminate every flop from the game. The problem they're trying to solve is how to keep the league from looking foolish in the media and online day in and day out. They acted on this issue once that became a daily reality, through Jeff Van Gundy's routine rants on game broadcasts, #FlopoftheNight, and a growing class of "wow that was a whopper of a flop" chatter.

I think is a great idea, but should ONLY be regulated by veteran NBA officials who breakdown the tape after the games. Hopefully they can get a crew of guys who do that as their regular job

This is what I wanted the Thunder (or any team really) to do with their free playoff shirts last yr. If an elementary school can figure it out, surely an NBA team has people on its staff smart enough to. This is more complex but , "BEAT LA" or "OKC" done in linear letters would be pretty damn simple. Give me a seating map and I could figure out who has to have one color shirts and who has to be contrasting. The Chinese do animations and **** with theirs

564776_10151087792718995_1548213157_n.jpg

http://www.nba.com/thunder/video/2012/10/03/okclogo121003mov-2235756

Knicks are not a cohesive unit, your opinion, i respect it. How are the Nets a cohesive unit? You haven't seen them play yet !

And you said Bulls will be a better team then the Knicks? Rose is not healthy, ya lost Omer, and Brewer

If you woke up and learned this was any other teams roster (rotation) besides the Knicks, what would you guys think ?

C - Chandler - Camby
PF - Amare - K. Thomas - Sheed
SF - Melo - Novak
SG - Brewer - JR - Iman
PG - Felton - Kidd - Prigioni

Knicks are not a cohesive unit, your opinion, i respect it. How are the Nets a cohesive unit? You haven't seen them play yet !
And you said Bulls will be a better team then the Knicks? Rose is not healthy, ya lost Omer, and Brewer
If you woke up and learned this was any other teams roster (rotation) besides the Knicks, what would you guys think ?
C - Chandler - Camby
SF - Melo - Novak
SG - Brewer - JR - Iman

They had most of those players for most of the last two seasons and they were still a 7th seed (last season) in the weaker conference. Plus, none of their pick ups this off season were impressive except for Felton.

The NBPA, headed up by Derek Fisher, is filing a grievance against the league over a new anti-flopping policy.

That is what he's supposed to do. He represents the players.. We may think cool, there are fines for flopping. But that's money out of somebody's paycheck. He wouldn't be doing his job if he didn't file a grievance.

I wish flopping would go away, but I think a fine isn't the right policy to end it.

Just read Royce White will be traveling by bus for short distance road games due to his anxiety disorder.

Just read Royce White will be traveling by bus for short distance road games due to his anxiety disorder.

What constitutes "short distance?"

Where are the 5 closest NBA cities to Houston?

I feel bad for dude, but the Rockets knew what they were getting when they drafted him. As good as he could be, I still think he'll be out of the league in 2-3 years doing his own thing.

I feel bad for dude, but the Rockets knew what they were getting when they drafted him. As good as he could be, I still think he'll be out of the league in 2-3 years doing his own thing.

I'm not sure how they are going to do it, but I think its going to be pretty difficult. The nights they have back to backs will be tough.

In other news...

Penny Hardaway and Peyton Manning are now part of the minority group for the Memphis Grizzlies . :pimp:

That's Justin Timberlake, Penny, Peyton, Autozone owners, Congressman Harold Ford and more. The team in Memphis FOREVA

C - Chandler - Camby
SF - Melo - Novak
SG - Brewer - JR - Iman

Brewer was a solid pickup for the Knicks

C - Chandler - Camby
SF - Melo - Novak
SG - Brewer - JR - Iman

Brewer was a solid pickup for the Knicks

& thats about it.....

yeah we lost omer but he needed to go cuz he wasnt getting them M's from us that he got from houston
lost brew & kk but mario bellini will replace him nicely... its almost a wash

ill say it again same NY false hope for the season

you manhattan knicks will have a worse record than my Bulls.... hopefully shump comes back & balls tho

550px-Map_of_USA_and_Canada%2C_NBA%2C_zoom.svg.png

Here's an NBA map. He'll obviously have to learn to fly at some point unless they are going to be OK with him missing either all the road games or all the home games like "Ok, well we got a 2 game homestand then meet us in a week at Minnesota." Accomodating a player in that way is unheard of though, particularly a rookie. Here's a quick look at their schedule http://www.nba.com/rockets/schedule

By the way, 3.5 hrs to San Antonio from Houston, 4.5hrs to Dallas, 8.5 to Oklahoma City, 6 hours to New Orleans, 10.5 hours to Memphis.

He might as well just cash his first check then join the NBDL and (presumably) dominate or get the hell over it. Flying is the safest form of travel.

Last edited:
some of these bus rides are 8+ hours long at the least. Plus with back to back games sometimes this dude is gonna be running all over the place. This thing has FAIL written all over it.

The travel alone will be a hard obstacle, but when you factor in the team meetings, shootarounds, film sessions, general team bonding, etc., that he'll miss.. it makes it even more difficult.

He's not going to take a bus to EVERY game, just the ones that are deemed drivable. So a road trip along the East Coast, he could probably use a bus. It'll be tricky once you factor in team meetings and shoot arounds though.

son is a female for crying over flying. hes getting paid millions, shut up and fly and play some ball. damn :smh:

Man, if this was like 2002, you could probably pencil the Knicks in the Finals. As long as the other teams were still in 2012/13

:stoneface: He has anxiety disorder

Exactly. Its an illness. With medication and therapy, it probably can be controlled or minimized. But he can't just "get over it." Its like saying someone with schizophrenia or bi-polar disorder should just act "normal." If they could, they would. They can't, at least not without significant help.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom