Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dwight would be in his 13th year by 2016, carrying around a 7ft frame - that doesn't always lend itself to aging well. I realize he acts like a big *** kid so that might make him seem younger but he better win now with Kobe if he's collecting multiple rings in LA.

The Indiana Pacers are irrelevant come playoff time. The new Atlanta Hawks.

Knicks can't win with Mike Woodson until he figures out how to utilize everyone on offense. Throwing Melo the ball and asking everyone to get out of the way while Miami can run multiple defenders at him through the course of the game will get the Knicks nowhere. D'Antoni had is own issues but this coaching change is an upgrade on one side of the floor and a downgrade on the other IMO. A wash.

Just curious as to how you feel the Pacers are comparable to the Hawks?

Dwight would be in his 13th year by 2016, carrying around a 7ft frame - that doesn't always lend itself to aging well. I realize he acts like a big *** kid so that might make him seem younger but he better win now with Kobe if he's collecting multiple rings in LA.

The Indiana Pacers are irrelevant come playoff time. The new Atlanta Hawks.

Knicks can't win with Mike Woodson until he figures out how to utilize everyone on offense. Throwing Melo the ball and asking everyone to get out of the way while Miami can run multiple defenders at him through the course of the game will get the Knicks nowhere. D'Antoni had is own issues but this coaching change is an upgrade on one side of the floor and a downgrade on the other IMO. A wash.

Just curious as to how you feel the Pacers are comparable to the Hawks?

Will always have a decent seed & flames out in the playoffs/never makes it past round 2

LeBron & D.Wade party this weekend in ATL
2cyhe8n.gif

Knicks could wind up being the 2nd seed or they could wind up being the 8th seed. Melo and Stoudemire haven't proven to be positive and their record together in dismal (41-50).
We have gotten better this off-season but nothing to the point where we're guaranteed a certain playoff position. Sometimes we look promising, other times we look lost. It's frustrating and I simply don't know.

What I do know is that this is a make or break year. If the Knicks get embarrassed in the first round again after having a bad season, players are being shipped out. New York media and fans won't accept that again. Especially when we're overpaying for tickets but paying Carmelo and Amare $20 million dollars each. This is the year. The Melo & Stat experiment needs to work, now.

Knicks could wind up being the 2nd seed or they could wind up being the 8th seed. Melo and Stoudemire haven't proven to be positive and their record together in dismal (41-50).
We have gotten better this off-season but nothing to the point where we're guaranteed a certain playoff position. Sometimes we look promising, other times we look lost. It's frustrating and I simply don't know.

What I do know is that this is a make or break year. If the Knicks get embarrassed in the first round again after having a bad season, players are being shipped out. New York media and fans won't accept that again. Especially when we're overpaying for tickets but paying Carmelo and Amare $20 million dollars each. This is the year. The Melo & Stat experiment needs to work, now.

I dont really think they got embarrassed. The 8 seed lost in 5 to the 1 seed, and eventual Nba champs. Its pretty common

The NBPA, headed up by Derek Fisher, is filing a grievance against the league over a new anti-flopping policy.

The NBPA, headed up by Derek Fisher, is filing a grievance against the league over a new anti-flopping policy.

Im like totally shocked broseph.

The fines are clown status. And you know damn well they aren't giving stars fines. Joke

I dont really think they got embarrassed. The 8 seed lost in 5 to the 1 seed, and eventual Nba champs. Its pretty common
The Heat were the 2nd seed and the Knicks were the 7th seed.

In that series, we got blown out in a few of those games. However, the embarrassment starts with the Knicks being in the 7th position in the first place. Two 20 million dollar contracts and these guys don't have a .500 record together? As a Knick fan that is embarrassing.

Derek Fisher is still a free agent, right? How can he still be heading up the Player's Association if he's not even a player?

Go away, Derek Fisher.

Im like totally shocked broseph.

The fines are clown status. And you know damn well they aren't giving stars fines. Joke

exactly, lebron can flop all he wants and he wont get fined a cent.

I like how when Realgm broke the news of this flopping fines, they have a pic of Verajao :rofl:

That wade dunk on verajao is still one of the best I've ever seen. And I hate the heat.

Him and battier had some terrible quotes about flopping. It's disgusting to me.

I walk past the courts and hear foul calls for garbage. Little kids. Foul for everything.

Been like that for years now, Where have you been ?
laugh.gif
Well exactly how does it work?  I see Antonio Davis, the previous president, ended his tenure in '06.  That was his last season in the NBA.  Is there some sort of time frame in which Fisher has to sign or give up his spot?

Been like that for years now, Where have you been ? :lol:

Well exactly how does it work?  I see Antonio Davis, the previous president, ended his tenure in '06.  That was his last season in the NBA.  Is there some sort of time frame in which Fisher has to sign or give up his spot?

Fisher Signed a contract if im not mistaken when he got traded to the jazz and then had to leave to take care of his sick daughter at the time. That was his retirement but then eventually came back as a laker so i believe he still under contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom