Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too many Laker fans come in here to cry about the negativity we get. We were the best franchise in the past decade, what do you guys expect when we're finally down for a spell? Stop worrying about what other people say and roll with the punches. Don't be a *****, deal with it.

This is true. We can't be a winning team forever. Even Doo's GOAT Spurs teams have lost here and there. I'm realistic, things just aren't going our way right now and we gotta deal with it. When things are good we take the praise, and when things are bad we gotta take the laughter and the embarrassment.

But at the same time I think you need to realize that some people come into this thread for NBA talk, not just hate towards 2 or 3 teams being spewed on every page.

It does seem a bit sensitive (calling myself out) to let it all get to us. I know our team is horrible and I'd probably be laughing at us too if i was a casual NBA fan. I admit that.

However, when it goes overboard and Lakers are the main subject of every Page even when we aren't playing...it starts to clearly effect Fans of ALL teams on the forum...the casual fans who wanna come in here and see something other than Laker talk on a day without a Laker game should be able to right?

That's all Im saying.

But besides that, Im not blind I know we're a joke right now and in real life my friends have been getting on me and i've been laughing as well. It's hilarious how bad we are. I hate our coach and I hate that they passed up Phil Jackson. I think many people do. we have a lot of problems besides the coaching as well.

But i just think people get all that by now...don't they? :lol:

Last edited:
I love the NBA talk. Being a fan of a small market team, its kind of fulfilling seeing your squad be recognized, and talked about. But I do agree, the hate that fans show other teams gets pretty old sometimes. I hate the Heat, but I def dont feel like I have to express it on every page

the hornets could make a warriors like jump next season depending on eric gordon's sissyness and the development of anthony davis.

Thanks for the bday s/o LTB. These last few pages have been a riot. Makes me not even want to post anything regarding your team anymore. :lol:

the hornets could make a warriors like jump next season depending on eric gordon's sissyness and the development of anthony davis.
Deep, talented frontcourt and the Greasy-Gordon backcourt is looking nice. They need another wing player (SF) badly.

Deep, talented frontcourt and the Greasy-Gordon backcourt is looking nice. They need another wing player (SF) badly.

Yeah, idk what it is about Aminu, but he really isnt a contributor....could they be in the Rudy Gay sweepstakes?

Anyone remember when Aminu had that hot three point shooting start his rookie year? Absolute outlier. :lol:

If the Hornets go to free agency, Corey Brewer would be the way to go.

Last edited:

i wonder if montey would play a big frontcourt of andersen, davis, and lopez.

andersen can't defend 3's, but eventually davis could be able to

EDIT: i like corey brewer a lot, not so much Gay b/c he needs the ball in his hands to be effective (in terms of being a hornet)

Last edited:
One of my favorite photos from this year :lol:

bos_a_terry_b1_600.jpg

Aminu is more than just a role player. He's just on the wrong team and can't get any meaningful touches with Davis, Gordon, Rivers and Anderson ahead of him on the depth chart. I bet if goes to a team that would give him quality pt he could easily put up decent avgs as a #3 option. His ability to shoot from distance, rebound and score at will mixed with his tremendous athleticism make me believe he is more of a stretch 4. The kid just needs a chance to be great.

Thanks for the bday s/o LTB. These last few pages have been a riot. Makes me not even want to post anything regarding your team anymore. :lol:

It's all good man...Don't worry I think the storm is dying down a bit. :lol:

At the end of the day we're all still TEAM NT. (sounds super corny, but its true haha)
But I'm sure you had a much better birthday than PowerBallin did, word to General. :lol:

On a Basketball Note... New Orleans is shooting 1-12 from 3 point range but is still up against NY? :x
How does that happen?

Last edited:
Anyone remember when Aminu had that hot three point shooting start his rookie year? Absolute outlier. :lol:

If the Hornets go to free agency, Corey Brewer would be the way to go.

They could get Danny Granger for Ryan Anderson

since DWest is expiring

edit:
Now that I think of it, a lineup of

Vasquez
Gordon
Granger
Davis
Lopez

would do some damage I think

Last edited:

i wonder if montey would play a big frontcourt of andersen, davis, and lopez.

andersen can't defend 3's, but eventually davis could be able to

EDIT: i like corey brewer a lot, not so much Gay b/c he needs the ball in his hands to be effective (in terms of being a hornet)
I've seen Monty use that lineup here and there. I wouldn't want Anderson guarding SFs and putting Davis on SFs takes away his potential as a rim protector.

But a Lopez-Davis-Anderson-Smith frontcourt is a really good start.

Aminu is more than just a role player. He's just on the wrong team and can't get any meaningful touches with Davis, Gordon, Rivers and Anderson ahead of him on the depth chart. I bet if goes to a team that would give him quality pt he could easily put up decent avgs as a #3 option. His ability to shoot from distance, rebound and score at will mixed with his tremendous athleticism make me believe he is more of a stretch 4. The kid just needs a chance to be great.
You generally have to be able to shoot to be a stretch four, which Aminu can't do.

granger will be 30 this year, has bad knees, doesn't shoot well from the field, and is due $27M over the next two seasons.

good luck dealing him

He shoots 43% from the field for his career and 38% from 3...and averages 18.2, 5.2, 2.0, and a steal and a block for his career....as well as being a stellar defender, and a veteran, and he gets to the line over 5 times a game. He is EXACTLY the type of player the Hornets could use

Last edited:
Granger is also a New Orleans native. :lol:

But nah, the Hornets would just taking away shots from the core if they trade for Granger. But their cap is pretty clean, so it might be worth a shot for two years.

Last edited:
Granger is also a New Orleans native. :lol:

But nah, the Hornets would just taking away shots from the core if they trade for Granger. But their cap is pretty clean, so it might be worth a shot for two years.

exactly, I think its worth a shot. Plus a 1 for 1 swap between Granger and Ryan Anderson works salary-wise

Do Be Doo, how many seasons you think Tim has left in him?

GPFOAT
At least 2 if he feels like it.
Do Be Doo, how many seasons you think Tim has left in him?

GPFOAT
GPFOAT.
GSOAT.
The Great Tim Duncan.
pimp.gif

I honesty couldn't tell you bro. Im just enjoying every game he plays a lot more. Tim is the reason I fell in love with the game. Not gonna be the same when #21 hangs them up.
ohwell.gif

But Tim did drop this quote when ask how long he plan to play back in 2010.
For real, if it wasnt for TD IDK if I would love basketball this much. I was banking all my shots when I played and I was like 4'8 playing the 1 and 2
laugh.gif
. No one knew how to use the glass like me though
pimp.gif

Or could wait until the summer to absorb Granger's contract with all the cap room they have. Or swap him for Rivers.

i'd like to see a team give austin daye a chance. he will be dirt cheap this summer.

sure, he doesn't defend very well, but he needs to get out of detroit

So I just randomly checked Austin River's game log.

In his last seven games, he's shooting 8% (3-25). :x
i'd like to see a team give austin daye a chance. he will be dirt cheap this summer.

sure, he doesn't defend very well, but he needs to get out of detroit
He's played well the past month.

Last edited:
I don't see how this year's NBA season thread is so much different than previous years. There've been trolls/idiots in every season thread every year. Sure, it sucks having the Do Be Doos/Quiks of the board posting about the Lakers non-stop, but you guys don't remember the past 2 years when the "LeBron needs more help!" crowd would flood the thread after every Heat loss? The 15-20 pages every time the Heat were involved in a crunch time situation, win or lose?

The way I see it, you guys are just noticing it more now because this year the Lakers are the butt of jokes instead of the Heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom