Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He shoots 43% from the field for his career and 38% from 3...and averages 18.2, 5.2, 2.0, and a steal and a block for his career....as well as being a stellar defender, and a veteran, and he gets to the line over 5 times a game. He is EXACTLY the type of player the Hornets could use
not for that price tag he is not the type of player they need. and his numbers got worse once the pacers started to put better talent on that team.
Also, I forgot who I was debating this with last year, it might've been DoubleJs, it might've been Al3xis, about Dirk's health. I had the tinted glasses on, and didn't realize what poor shape Dirk was in last year, and I couldn't see past the Championship to see that he wasn't right. I just thought he wasn't in basketball shape. I was wrong. Whoever it was, you were right. But just watching his past 5-6 games, I can tell he's going to be alright, unless a Derrick Rose type injury happens
it had everything to do with you trying to give dirk a pass for coming into the season out of shape because he had won a championship and everyone calling you out for it.

Last edited:
^I remember that. Was that when Dirk's toughness was compared to Kobe's, in the same season where Kobe played thru a torn ligament in his shooting hand and Dirk took a wewk off for conditioning? :lol:

Question: Did Blake's knee injury over the summer really slow him down? I've been surprised by how much his production has gone down.

Question: Did Blake's knee injury over the summer really slow him down? I've been surprised by how much his production has gone down.
The numbers are slightly down, but a lot is just playing less minutes really.

Everyone craps on him for his lack of offensive moves, but it's really improved.

The numbers are slightly down, but a lot is just playing less minutes really.

Everyone craps on him for his lack of offensive moves, but it's really improved.

I'm just mad he can't block a whole shot per game. Miss me with that short arms nonsense, his reach is 1.5 inches shorter than average power forwards and he outjumps them by like 12 so it still makes no sense. And yes I know there's more to defense than blocking shots, but he sucks at all of it

18 pts, 9 Rebs, 3 assists and 1.5 steals per game all in 32 minutes of action per night.

And his jumpshot has improved. He's added a left handed jump hook. He defends better.

But NT still only sees the dunks

Also, I found this pretty :smokin

The event folks had to have known, using such a cheap *** ball.... it would eventually get stuck up there right? 
laugh.gif

Also, I found this pretty
smokin.gif
Soooo sick

like it was yesterday 
nthat.gif

18 pts, 9 Rebs, 3 assists and 1.5 steals per game all in 32 minutes of action per night.

And his jumpshot has improved. He's added a left handed jump hook. He defends better.

Lets not sit here and act like his offensive game has drastically improved. His skillset is still extremely limited, but now it can be masked by Chris Paul setting everything up for him. Hes gotten better yes, but hes still not the best PF, or touching he surface of being great yet IMO.

Lets not sit here and act like his offensive game has drastically improved. His skillset is still extremely limited, but now it can be masked by Chris Paul setting everything up for him. Hes gotten better yes, but hes still not the best PF, or touching he surface of being great yet IMO.

sure, having chris paul helps a lot. but statistically there is no difference between his rookie year and a full season with Paul.

he isn't just scoring off of screen and rolls or lobs. you can give him the ball on the block and he can get you buckets. its not always pretty

Too many Laker fans come in here to cry about the negativity we get. We were the best franchise in the past decade, what do you guys expect when we're finally down for a spell? Stop worrying about what other people say and roll with the punches. Don't be a *****, deal with it.

what are you talking about?? too many Lakers fans crying?

fam it's like two or three Lakers fans who let Doo Doo Be, Quik and that other guy rustle their jimmies.

but just take a look at this thread whenever the Lakers lose. 5+ pages of Phil Jackson pics and slick talk :lol: :smh:

but it's coo, it's all fun a jokes (at least for me).

So I just randomly checked Austin River's game log.

In his last seven games, he's shooting 8% (3-25). :x
He's played well the past month.
I read somewhere that he's having one of the worst statistical seasons of any player in NBA history.

This is what happens when you put a college-level player in the NBA. Rivers should still be at Duke right now.

So I just randomly checked Austin River's game log.

In his last seven games, he's shooting 8% (3-25).
sick.gif

He's played well the past month.
I read somewhere that he's having one of the worst statistical seasons of any player in NBA history.

This is what happens when you put a college-level player in the NBA. Rivers should still be at Duke right now.
He is. By the numbers anyway
[h3]Austin Rivers Currently Having NBA's Worst WARP Season On Record[/h3]
Dec 26, 2012 2:43 PM EST

Austin Rivers projects to rate nearly seven wins worse than a replacement-level player by a player metric developed by Kevin Pelton, which would be the worst WARP score in the 34 seasons on record. The data pool starts with 1979-80, the first NBA season with the 3-point line.

Jason Collins, Adam Morrison, Michael Curry and Desmond Mason are the five other players with the worst WARP seasons.

Rivers is making just 34.6 percent of his attempts inside the 3-point line.
http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...ently_Having_NBAs_Worst_WARP_Season_On_Record

And things have only gotten worse since January started

Last edited:
posting an article I saw

Five NBA Players Who Don’t Deserve the Hall of Fame

Allen Iverson
Man, we’re talking about the Hall of Fame… not the game… not the game… the Hall of Fame. The argument can certainly be made that an 11-time All-Star, a four-time scoring champion, and the 2001 Most Valuable Player deserves to be in the Hall of Fame. There is little doubt Allen Iverson will be one day in the Hall of Fame. However, the question remains whether or not he really deserves to be a Hall of Famer.

It’s hard to imagine a man whose most famous sound bite about an aversion to ‘practice would qualify. The Baseball Hall of Fame has had questions about several of its statistical leaders. Pete Rose is not in the Hall of Fame. Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens are both questionable. Mark McGwire probably will never see the inside of the Hall. You may argue that all of those were examples of the Steroid Era. You can argue that on some level they cheated and that is why they are out.

Iverson was never proven to use any performance enhancing drugs. This doesn’t mean Iverson didn’t harm the game. This does not mean that Iverson made the game better. This simply means that Iverson did not cheat. Iverson never elevated his teammates to a title during all those years. Other than a crossover dribble and tenaciousness, no coach would actively encourage a player to go out and play like Iverson. Ultimately, you want someone in the Hall of Fame to be someone you can project as a shining example of your game. If Iverson is that, then the game has as many or more problems than baseball ever did.

Tracy McGrady

A career stat that you generally do not want to see on a potential Hall of Fame resume is “played on 6 teams in 12 years.” There is a case for many great journeymen being in the Hall of Fame. Let’s analyze the deeper statistic on McGrady. He has not won or been nominated for a league award in the last four years. McGrady-led teams never made it past the second round of the playoffs. The entire argument for McGrady lies in his early potential. That potential seemed to be maximized when both McGrady and Grant Hill (we’ll get to him in a minute) signed with the Orlando Magic before the 2000 season.

The Magic were coming off of an improbable playoff appearance with a team of scrappy journeymen led by a young coach named Glen ‘Doc’ Rivers. The signing of McGrady and Hill to max contracts wrecked the team for years to come. McGrady was traded to the Houston Rockets four years later and again failed to improve his new team. Since 2007, McGrady has simply been a name as well as a non-factor on most rosters (and there have been plenty). Does any of that sound like Hall of Fame material?

Vince Carter

Let’s examine all that you need to know about the man once known as ‘Vinsanity.’ Before the New Jersey Nets, Orlando Magic and Dallas Mavericks put Vince Carter on their roster, they were in the NBA finals. After actively seeking Carter’s services, all three teams didn’t go back to the NBA Finals… ever again. He was known in his younger days for being one of the most gifted dunkers of all time who benefited from a lot of misguided hype.

He’s also a slashing binge scorer. Again, like with McGrady, teams shouldn’t grow tired of or get rid of a future Hall of Famer as the last few have done with Vince Carter. Again, Carter hasn’t even been an All-Star since 2007. There isn’t even sympathy voting for Carter at this time. Once the circus dunks and SportsCenter highlights stop, you are left with a player who is a spark off the bench and will not elevate your team at all.

Grant Hill

The reason why this one hurts so much is that you really want to see Grant Hill in the Hall of Fame. Hill is a nice guy. He is a great sportsman and a wonderful humanitarian. There is every reason to want to see Hill in the Hall of Fame. However, there aren’t many actual reasons to put him in.

He certainly had the potential to be a Hall of Famer. In an era dominated by hip hop and thug basketball, Grant Hill was the star that the NBA wanted you to focus on. Unfortunately, his entire career has been beset by injuries and a lack of championship rings. If he won a championship this year, it would be as a utility player with a limited role. He hasn’t been an All-Star since 2005.

You simply can’t elect a living player to the Basketball Hall of Fame based on potential or lost potential. Hill may yet make it in and everyone will say, “What a great guy.” But you are supposed to say,”That’s a true Hall of Famer.”

Anfernee Hardaway

If only Hall of Fame inductions were based on TV commercials, Hardaway would have nearly made it in on the strength of ‘lil Penny. Unfortunately for Hardaway, that is not the way it works and one of the truly great commercial series of all time was far too brief. Hardaway looked like he was destined to be Magic Johnson to Shaquille O’Neal when they were together with the Orlando Magic.

But his career became riddled with injuries as well as fractious relationships with head coaches. The end came as being trade bait with questionable knees as well as a mercy stint on the end of the Miami Heat’s bench. This was about the same time that O’Neal was still being hailed as the Heat’s savior. If that doesn’t particularly sound like a Hall of Fame career and you are missing a championship somewhere in there, then we would tend to agree with you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom