Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Looked real good in the 4th. Still has his quickness, made some smart decisions, and he basically took over the last 5 min of the game to put the game away.

Do Be Doo, how many seasons you think Tim has left in him?

GPFOAT

GPFOAT.
GSOAT.
The Great Tim Duncan. :pimp:

I honesty couldn't tell you bro. Im just enjoying every game he plays a lot more. Tim is the reason I fell in love with the game. Not gonna be the same when #21 hangs them up. :\

But Tim did drop this quote when ask how long he plan to play back in 2010.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qsal_3b-dG8

Last edited:
Tim Duncan is a center.

Last edited:
Minnesota. They probably won't be able to keep Love, but trading him for Dirk's last 2-3 year's is suicide.

LTB yelled at the Laker fans the other night, no need for me to pile on them. And I only get on quik when he gets too outta line. If he's just doing his normal anti Laker speak I'm fine with it.

As for "only place to talk Lakers" you're wrong. You have a Laker hater thread, and an anti Kobe thread. Both offer plenty of space for you guys to hate. When every single post by you guys is anti Laker, in here, that's not talking about the Lakers, that's trolling the NBA thread. You guys, and you know who are all of you, haven't mentioned 27 other teams in this thread. In a general NBA thread. That's why you get called out.

There's a reason most of the regs have abandoned this thread and its quite sad. But the mods don't want to clean it up, so it just grows into a worthless pissing contest. :smh:

repped. i wont let three little kids push me off a board i was on when they were in diapers still.

hopefully blocking the three stooges will make the season thread more tolerable.

anyways id like to see rudy gay in a warrior uniform

and i cannot believe mike james is in the league still :lol:

But he does give them a battle tested veteran who can still take over the game when he needs to. He's not on much of a decline, and they're still young enough to take a risk like that. Him & Pek would work just as well as Love & Pek do, maybe even better because Dirk doesn't care diddly about a rebound.

Plus it helps them keep their spot as the whitest team in the league.

Wait, the Mavs not only won, not only won against a quality opponent, but blew them out? Huh... Who'da thunkit. I didn't watch because of the Niners game, but this had to be the best win of the season, and hopefully a kick in the *** to our players to show that we can hang with these cats if we just move the ball, take care of it, and play good defense.

Don't slack on Dirk rebounding the ball. He's not going to sky for the ball like a lot of guys, but when the time is necessary, he will grab a bunch of boards. He averaged just under 10 in the Finals, and I actually think that Dirk is healthier NOW than he was in the Finals. He doesn't have the conditioning he had in the Finals, but his knee is stronger than it's been since I'd say probably 2009. He has had minor knee issues for about 3-4 years now, but he kept delaying it, and it added up this year. He's on that Kobe-system, and he's looked really good out there for his age and size. Not too many 7' 34 year old men is as in-shape as he is. Conditioning? Not there yet.

Also, I forgot who I was debating this with last year, it might've been DoubleJs, it might've been Al3xis, about Dirk's health. I had the tinted glasses on, and didn't realize what poor shape Dirk was in last year, and I couldn't see past the Championship to see that he wasn't right. I just thought he wasn't in basketball shape. I was wrong. Whoever it was, you were right. But just watching his past 5-6 games, I can tell he's going to be alright, unless a Derrick Rose type injury happens.

If the Wolves do end up getting rid of Love, it better not be for a 34 year old PF.

Last edited:
How the hell you not watch the niners game?!? :smh:

Hell I gave my kings/heat tickets away cuz I wanted to watch the niners :lol:

Too many Laker fans come in here to cry about the negativity we get. We were the best franchise in the past decade, what do you guys expect when we're finally down for a spell? Stop worrying about what other people say and roll with the punches. Don't be a *****, deal with it.

Never

Lakers is going to turn their season around and make the Finals. It will be one of the greatest NBA Final run ever. :smokin

I'm sure someone will again try to clown me for saying this, but my thing is.. at what point does one stop talking about the Lakers and discuss the other things going on in the league? Okay, obviously they suck but there are 29 other teams and a lot of interesting storylines, players and teams to discuss, etc. But I guess to some casual fans, the NBA = Lakers.

Good question, coming from an objective Non-Laker fan. It's sad that even you can't enjoy the thread anymore.
but i won't fight that battle anymore, it's too exhausting.
Hope someone answers that for you though, I don't know what the answer is anymore honestly. I'll let others figure it out.

and MJShoes, Happy Birthday Bro.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom