Status
Not open for further replies.
i think allen iverson should be a hof

the rest i agree shouldnt

There are 2 reasons why someone would say AI shouldn't be in the hall

1. The person is an idiot
2. they want to be the moral police and don't want that "thug" in

Wizards make “push” for Memphis’ Rudy Gay

The Wizards have had conversations with the Memphis Grizzlies in recent days to discuss what it would take to acquire Baltimore native Rudy Gay, two sources with knowledge of the discussions confirmed.

One source familiar with the Wizards’ plans added that they are “pushing for” the services of a borderline all-star talent that leads the Grizzlies in scoring at 17.8 points per game.
Gay was once considered the cornerstone of the small-market franchise but the athletic, 6-foot-8 swingman could become expendable as a new management team in Memphis weighs moving an overvalued asset to create future cost-savings or keeping the team with the league’s fourth-best record intact.

CSN Bay Area’s Ric Bucher recently reported that the Wizards made a “good” offer to the Grizzlies, without mentioning the details. But the Wizards have positioned themselves to take advantage of the new luxury tax penalties by raiding teams looking to deal quality players for expiring contracts, draft picks and/or young prospects.

A source with knowledge of the Wizards’ thinking contended that defining the asset swap required for a talent such as Gay would be an ongoing process. Many around the league have also expressed interest in Gay.

The Wizards (6-28) traded for Emeka Okafor and Trevor Ariza last June because both players have deals that expire in 2014. Okafor or Ariza would likely be needed to facilitate a trade for Gay but the Wizards could also include any of their past first-round draft picks other than John Wall or Bradley Beal.

They have several young big men on the roster with Kevin Seraphin, Trevor Booker, Chris Singleton and Jan Vesely and a scoring guard in Jordan Crawford. The Wizards also could sweeten the pot with a high lottery pick in the upcoming draft.

Gay is owed $37 million over the next two seasons after this one and the Grizzlies face a stiff luxury tax bill by sticking with their current core for the duration of his deal. Memphis reached Game 7 of the conference semifinals the two seasons ago with Gay sidelined with a shoulder injury but lost to the Clippers in the first round when he returned last season.
In Washington, Gay would potentially be a decent perimeter fit with John Wall running point guard and Nene manning the middle, but one source with knowledge of the situation wasn’t certain that the Grizzlies would move Gay before the Feb. 21 deadline, “if at all.”

The Grizzlies have reportedly also spoken with several teams around the league, including Phoenix, Golden State, Sacramento, Boston, Toronto and Minnesota. The Los Angeles Clippers also have some interest in acquiring Gay.

Memphis would be looking to take a cue from Oklahoma City, which already made the difficult decision of trading James Harden to Houston when it was unable to reach a cost-effective agreement.
Link

If a deal is made for Rudy to go to the Wizards, wow :lol: For him to go from a really good winning Grizz team to the bottoming out Wizards, that's like an Acme anvil dropping on you

My thoughts on the potential Rudy trade from the Wizards season thread:

A couple things worry me...

1. John Hollinger. I think he's in Chris Wallace's ear as far as personnel moves are concerned. Hollinger, had ALWAYS **** on the Wizards from his time at ESPN. He's a #'s guy...the dude who came up with PER. There is obviously something flawed with Rudy Gay if news is leaking that the Wizards have a legit offer. He probably sees something on this roster that could turn into gold over in Memphis. He's aiming to fleece Grunfeld and make him look like an even bigger tool in the process.

2. I don't trust Ernie Grunfeld. Trading for a 27 year old Rudy Gay, who is overpaid and underperforms, absolutely REEKS of a deal he would make. I just worry about what would be sent over to Memphis. My gut tells me that it's along the lines of Beal, either a first in 2013 or 2014, and filler. I'm mentally preparing for this deal to go through and for the worst to happen.

3. WHY THE HELL WOULD WE PASS ON HARDEN ONLY TO BRING IN RUDY ******G GAY????!!!!

4. This has all the makings of a Wizards"esque" trade. It's inevitable. Get ready...

5. The Okafor/Ariza trade has complicated things beyond belief. Adding Gay's salary would put us in the lux tax range (I think) and that was supposedly one of the caveats as to why we never pulled the trigger to bring Harden over :smh:

Blake Griffin is a damn good player, still in his 3rd year, still just 23. It's like some of you guys expect him to be prime Karl Malone right now.

These refs in the Spurs Wolves game
indifferent.gif

The Wiz can't afford to give up too much to bring Rudy over because it'll be sad when he doesn't turn out to be that 20-5-5 guy they need him to be.

Also VC is on the top 3 point shooters list as well.

getting myself ready to watch Cavs-Lakers game. I know Lakers are struggling mightly, but Cavs also have a tendency to play a great game for 3 and 1/2 quarters then let it slip away at the end of the game. We'll see how it goes. Kyrie for 30+ tonite!

The Wiz can't afford to give up too much to bring Rudy over because it'll be sad when he doesn't turn out to be that 20-5-5 guy they need him to be.

Huh? :lol: Is Rudy averaging like 10ppg or something?

Rudy isn't playing tomorrow night against the Clippers..

Because of his grandma's funeral though.

I do think whatever deal involving the Wizards would be us ripping them off. Any deal at this point, I think Memphis will win it. I do know the Grizz front office likes Okafor, but he doesn't make sense unless ZBO is involved in a deal.

edit:

Since the article mentions them not moving Beal (or that's what it seems like), it would probably be an unprotected 1st rounder, Ariza and two of their other young players (Serpahin, SIngleton, Vesley, Crawford, etc.).

Last edited:
No Serge Ibaka against Portland so Collison is starting. Thabo is out so Liggins is going to start. Portland probably going to be free to double team Russ all night if he tries to post up Lillard as much as he did last time in route to 32 pts. Perkins and Collison and Liggins on the floor at the same time :x

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom