Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
SPURS!!!! WHOOP
These refs in the Spurs Wolves game 
indifferent.gif
This.

Also Manu with a strained left hamstring. 
mean.gif

ohwell.gif
K Len really stepped up in his absence. Depth is such a gift
My main man Steph curry

pimp.gif
Now I get to watch this

Last edited:
Looks like Portland thinks Batum can guard KD 1 on 1. I hope I'm not jinxing him, because it looks like it's going to be a long night for Batum. In fact, doesn't look like they want to double anyone despite us having Liggins, Collison, and Perkins on the floor at once

:x Hasheem and Perkins on the court at the same time now :x

Last edited:
Injury wasn't as bad as originally reported..
so it was a sprain or sore shoulder?? cause if its torn at all he shouldnt be playing
Since the article mentions them not moving Beal (or that's what it seems like), it would probably be an unprotected 1st rounder, Ariza and two of their other young players (Serpahin, SIngleton, Vesley, Crawford, etc.).
then thats a win for the wizards and bad trade for memphis.

so it was a sprain or sore shoulder?? cause if its torn at all he shouldnt be playing

then thats a win for the wizards and bad trade for memphis.

:frown: i know.

If I Memphis, I'm demanding Beal. They can do a 3 year protected on the 1st...top 3 in '13, top 2 in '14, top 1 in '15.

My deal would be Beal, Ariza, Webster/Sinlgeton/Vesley/Seraphin, '13 1st for Rudy and Selby. Take it or leave it.

Last edited:
Terrible lineups here, and somehow we still can't get Lamb in the game. He must hate life. If he was in Houston, they would be losing but he'd get minutes. Right now we have Reggie Jackson, DeAndre Liggins, Kevin Martin, Perry Jones, and Hasheem Thabeet out there :x

Looks like Portland thinks Batum can guard KD 1 on 1. I hope I'm not jinxing him, because it looks like it's going to be a long night for Batum. In fact, doesn't look like they want to double anyone despite us having Liggins, Collison, and Perkins on the floor at once

:x Hasheem and Perkins on the court at the same time now :x

:x :x :x

Wow, looking at this Cavs team right now, if I'm Kyrie Irving I demand a trade today they are horrible.
sick.gif

If Beal goes to Memphis, he becomes OJ Mayo 2.0 :smh:

Probably not, since they will more than likely make Dave Joerger the coach and let Lionel go. I'm not a big fan of Beal anyway.

Memphis Grizzlies management remains mum as trade winds blow
By Ronald Tillery

There is plenty of talk about the Grizzlies and by the Grizzlies these days as it relates to the immediate future of key players and head coach Lionel Hollins.

However, members of the team's new ownership group and front office continue to remain quiet — at least publicly.

Griz CEO Jason Levien declined to comment when asked recently about persistent reports that the team is shopping Rudy Gay and gauging the value of other core players such as Zach Randolph.

It's true that the franchise's mode of operation is now predicated on a delicate and tricky task of trying to sustain winning while addressing financial concerns.

It is true that Griz brass has spoken to every team in the NBA about their roster over the past month. That league tour by the team's new management has produced daily rumors about possible deals, most of which involve Gay.

It's also true that the Griz have shown no desire to simply give away their top talent, according to sources with knowledge of the team's mild trade discussions. Although Levien has chosen not to respond publicly to the rampant speculation, he has talked to Gay and his representative.

According to a person with knowledge of those conversations, Gay is likely to remain a Grizzly through the end of this season. The message to Gay at the moment is that if he is dealt by the league's Feb. 21 trade deadline, then the Griz will have been offered a no-brainer scenario.

For example, the Griz have entertained the Washington Wizards' offer for Gay. The crux of that exchange would have the Griz receiving rookie shooting guard Bradley Beal in a larger package. The proposals for Randolph have been even weaker.

None of the potential deals has merit because they aren't believed to be strong enough to keep the Griz on their current pace.

Memphis (24-11) stands fourth in the Western Conference standings. The Griz are just two games behind San Antonio for the Southwest Division lead and 3½ games behind Oklahoma City for the West's top spot.

Gay and Randolph are the Grizzlies' highest-paid players. Each will earn about $16.5 million this season and both players are due more than $17 million for the 2013-14 campaign. The reality is that one of them will be traded in the next two years because Griz ownership doesn't want to be a repeat luxury-tax payer — something that is more punitive in the league's new collective bargaining agreement.

Memphis will have a $4 million luxury tax bill for this season unless it sheds salary.

Finances could be a factor in several decisions by the Grizzlies' new ownership group, which is made up of more than 50 people. In fairness, former Griz owner Michael Heisley gave Gay a maximum-salary contract and Gay simply might not be worth the money to his new bosses.

Meanwhile, Hollins is coaching the final year of his contract without knowing where the organization is leaning with regard to a new deal. Hollins, the team's all-time winningest coach with a 10-10 playoff record, surely will seek a raise from his $2 million salary.

There have been no concrete talks about a contract extension between the Griz and Hollins' agent, Warren LeGarie.

While Levien and his newly assembled management team have been routinely visible and graciously accessible, Griz principal owner Robert Pera is only known to have attended two games. Pera last saw the Griz play Wednesday when they finished a three-game trip with a win at Golden State. Pera also sat courtside in FedExForum for the Grizzlies' home opener against Utah on Nov. 5.

He's had little to no contact with the players, coaching staff or media.

The reserved style is a departure from what Griz fans were used to during Heisley's ownership. Heisley was known for his regular interaction with players and coaches, and his public discourse regarding any issue facing the team on and off the court.

That was then.

Now, with Hollins' future suspect and trade winds blowing hard around players, there is absolute quiet from Pera and Levien's perch at the top as a reasonable question looms: What kind of storm — if any — might be coming?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom