Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Def a must win, Lakers have to start winning close to every game they play against below .500 opponents for the rest of the season to make the playoffs.

Huh?
laugh.gif
Is Rudy averaging like 10ppg or something?
All I'm saying is that they can't afford to give up too many assets to get Rudy because I don't trust that he'll be the kind of difference maker the Wizards need at the 3

All I'm saying is that they can't afford to give up too many assets to get Rudy because I don't trust that he'll be the kind of difference maker the Wizards need at the 3

Oh. I agree with that. Rudy isn't going to lead a lottery team too far. But, I guess the Wizards are very desperate to just simply trying to make the playoffs. Maybe Wall, Rudy, Okafor and Nene can do it.

My "source" told me the deal on the table is Ariza, Vesely, Singleton and Crawford for Rudy. No idea on the pick that's involved. That deal will be available in the offseason, though.

Last edited:
Oh. I agree with that. Rudy isn't going to lead a lottery team too far. But, I guess the Wizards are very desperate to just simply trying to make the playoffs. Maybe Wall, Rudy, Okafor and Nene can do it.
we have this talk all the time tho, that kind of line up for the wizards is a bottom seed if anything. wouldnt you rather bottom out then be a lower seed?
Probably not, since they will more than likely make Dave Joerger the coach and let Lionel go
????

They're going to have so much salary (already do) committed to undeserving guys to still be a terrible team, even in the East

Last edited:
At this point I'd be willing to believe the Wiz just want something to cheer for, a perennial 6/7/8 seed is close enough. They want to be the Hawks.

we have this talk all the time tho, that kind of line up for the wizards is a bottom seed if anything. wouldnt you rather bottom out then be a lower seed?

????

Depends on where they stand as a franchise. I'm not sure if they have the smartest front office and they may think a little taste of success is better than more years of being a lottery team.

And the Hollins comment is because the front office and the coach are not on the same page. Hollins has yet to talk to Pera and Lionel doesn't believe in analytics. Joerger on the other hand, is the reason why Memphis defense is what it is. He also is a firm believer in analytics and is young, less stubborn. I wouldn't be surprised if Hollins is the one out if the team doesn't get too far in the playoffs. If the front office wants to make moves based on the way they see things and the coach doesn't like it, how is that going to work?

I don't see Brad Beal getting traded, especially not for an above-average-but-not-quite-superstar guy like Rudy Gay.

Portland's crowd makes that a tough place to play in. They are getting calls left and right, and then that soft *** tech. Granted Russ said BS but he had already been T'd at that point. And Batum is nice, but dudes always spends like half the game on the floor flopping in Portland games I watch. They also gave Stotts a tech that looked very weak too. Maybe Stotts cussed, but if so he did so in the most light, conversational tone possible. Westbrook is about to get a triple double with like 15% fg shooting. Liggins has locked up Matthews and hit a few 3s. If he consistently develops a 35% 3, he'll play a long career in the NBA on good teams. Ol' out of shape *** black ref with the moobs making all these bad calls

The Cavs have got to get another center between now and the trade deadline. No way Tristan Thompson should be asked to play center. :lol:

How's this? Cavs get some good (albeit volatile) talents in DMC and Tyreke, while Salmons give some offense off the bench or start at 3 spot

Kings get ~7 mil off their book come next summer while also getting Varejao.

Last edited:
^that would force Reke into the 3 spot. A position he doesn't wanna play. Unless u add Waiters to that trade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom