Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can yall stop trollin this thread with lebron stuff? He still a member of the miami heat. Again I see no sign of CP calling the other peeps trolls for derailing this thread.

This is the 2012-2013 NBA season thread. Not the "Where is lebron going after his contract up?" thread.

:smh:

See yall want us not to talk lakers but its cool to talk about something thats gonna happen in the future?

CP1708 where are you to make sense of this?

Last edited:
Bradley Beal really starting to get comfortable as of late. Getting better every game. He's going to be a good one.

Wall just dropped somebody bad.

Last edited:
Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his “decision” unlike anything ever “witnessed” in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don’t deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:

“I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ‘KING’ WINS ONE”

You can take it to the bank.

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our “motivation” to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.

Sorry, but that’s simply not how it works.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown “chosen one” sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And “who” we would want them to grow-up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called “curse” on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former “King” will be taking the “curse” with him down south. And until he does “right” by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day….

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue….

Yeah Lebron James would love to go play for a owner who wrote this the day he announce his decision.

:rolleyes

Last edited:
Thank you guys for talking ball again. :smokin

In SPURS related news.

[COLOR=#red]Ginobili out 10-14 days with hamstring strain[/COLOR]

San Antonio Spurs' Manu Ginobili holds his left thigh during a play in the first half against the Minnesota Timberwolves at the AT&T Center, Sunday, Jan. 13, 2013.

San Antonio Spurs' Manu Ginobili holds his left thigh during a play in the first half against the Minnesota Timberwolves at the AT&T Center, Sunday, Jan. 13, 2013.

Reserve guard Manu Ginobili said via Twitter he will sit for 10-14 days after suffering a Grade 1 left hamstring strain in the first half of Sunday’s victory over Minnesota.

Manu Ginobili

@manuginobili

Just finished with the MRI. Grade 1 strained left hamstring. 10/14 days out. Will be back shortly. Thanks 4 ur support!!
14 Jan 13

The Spurs issued a release later on Monday confirming the injury and timeline.

It will be the fourth time Ginobili, 35, has missed game action due to injury in his 11th NBA season. In addition to skipping several preseason outings with a sore foot, he sat out the first two games of the regular season with back spasms and a 107-93 loss at Oklahoma City on Dec. 17 with a thigh contusion.

The Spurs won the other two games, and an additional contest against Boston in which he played just four minutes after injuring his thigh. Ginobili missed another outing, a loss at Miami, after being sent home to rest. The Spurs are 89-52 without him over the years.

Ginobili could miss as many as seven games should he sit out the full 14 days: Memphis (Wednesday); Golden State (Friday); at Atlanta (Saturday); at Philadelphia (Jan. 21); New Orleans (Jan. 23); at Dallas (Jan. 25); and Phoenix (Jan. 26). Memphis, Golden State and Atlanta are the only teams that currently have a winning record.

He had been playing well recently, averaging 15.8 points on 49.6-percent shooting over the past 11 outings. He sparked the Spurs’ rally from an early nine-point deficit against the Timberwolves with 12 points before straining his hamstring just before halftime.

Ginobili is averaging 12.9 points, 3.8 rebounds and 4.6 assists overall with a 20.6 Player Efficiency Rating and the NBA’s fifth-best regularized adjusted plus/minus rate (plus 5.5 points per 100 possessions).

Blessed with the league’s highest-scoring bench at 42 points per game, the Spurs have an abundance of options to cover Ginobili’s 24.4 minutes per game. Gary Neal (10.6 points per game, 38 percent on 3-pointers), Stephen Jackson (7.2 ppg, 30.4% 3s) and Patty Mills (5.0 ppg, 41% 3s) will likely be the top candidates.

The Spurs also recalled Cory Joseph from the Austin Toros of the NBA Development League on Monday. The second-year guard is averaging 20.7 points, 5.9 rebounds and 4.6 assists in 14 appearances with the Spurs’ affiliate.

“We’ve had injuries in the past, so our mindset is going to be the same,” starting shooting guard Danny Green said. “Our bench guys have to bring energy. We can’t have any letdowns. Just continue to play good basketball and have faith in our guys they’ll be able to pick up the slack for Manu. He’s been playing really well for us. It just sucks he got hurt at this point in the season. Hopefully he’ll be back soon.”

Spurs coach Gregg Popovich was not available for comment.

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2013/01/14/ginobili-out-10-14-days-with-hamstring-strain/

Last edited:
What's got into Garnett all of a sudden, wanting to fight everybody other than white guys or Europeans all of a sudden....

Yeah Lebron James would love to go play for a owner who wrote this the day he announce his decision.

:rolleyes

Its cool though, a few years from now - and San Antonio will fade into oblivion :smokin....

A Cleveland fan talking "fade into oblivion"? :lol:

Brah my one team in San Antonio has more histroy than your whole state. Lets not compare cities bro.

"DNA LEVEL C"

I guess thats the fail gene.

Oh and go looking out on cursing okc in last years finals.

okcle-shirt.jpg

Last edited:
There's been 15 posts since mine dude, I ain't sittin in here all day. :lol:

Don't like Bron talk, switch to talkin about the Pistons, or the Wolves and try to get other convos goin.

You went with spurs news and comparing the Cavs to the spurs, so......

A Cleveland fan talking "fade into oblivion"? :lol:

Brah my one team in San Antonio has more histroy than your whole state. Lets not compare cities bro.

"DNA LEVEL C"

I guess thats the fail gene.

Oh and go looking out on cursing okc in last years finals.

http://blogimages.thescore.com/tbj/files/2012/06/okcle-shirt.jpg[/quote]

[IMG]http://niketalk.com/content/type/61/id/217581/width/350/height/700

There's been 15 posts since mine dude, I ain't sittin in here all day. :lol:

Don't like Bron talk, switch to talkin about the Pistons, or the Wolves and try to get other convos goin.

You went with spurs news and comparing the Cavs to the spurs, so......

Yeah I know but just trying to get the unofficial mod of this thread to lay the rules down. :wink:

Hmmm so maybe if you dont like the Laker talk maybe switch to talking about the bucks or jazz?

SPURS news is what I will bring to this thread. Come on now I aint trying to compare the SPURS to that crap team.

Last edited:
This is what happens when everyone thinks the Grizzlies are better without Rudy and think ZBO and Marc can duplicate the 2011 playoffs. Like I've been saying for a long time, if Memphis moves one of Rudy or ZBO, you move ZBO. Its the best long term decision. ZBO is good when playing with both Marc and having Rudy to help keep the defense off of him, but without a guy like Rudy he has games like tonight. If he was long or athletic enough like Rudy, he could probably battle different types of defenses, but he just can't duplicate that 2011 success anymore.

But, I'm the crazy one for thinking ZBO should be the odd man out. Every Memphis media outlet thinks ZBO is still the same player he was two seasons ago and ignoring the fact that we was a 4th seed last year with Mo Speights starting last year. :lol:

And no I'm not saying Rudy is a leader. But, if the plan is to move one of these guys now or in the offseason, they need to move ZBO. I don't want to build around a guy that's almost 32 years old when the rest of the core players or 27 or younger.

Last edited:
That would be crazy if Rudy ended up on our team. :lol:

Been hearing alot of Bledsoe/Butler for Gay talk amongst Clipper Nation.

Last edited:
Wizards beating the breaks off of the Magic...

jwall.gif
:x
I need to find a vid of it, the move was so damn fast in realtime.. they must know each other from back in the day cause Wall was clowning him after the game :lol:

Wizards 3-game win streak :pimp:

[COLOR=#red] Animal Thug [/COLOR] you luck out with the move over from yuku. Most of your post about lebron james staying in that dump city were :rofl: :lol: :rofl: worthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom