Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
laugh.gif
I always enjoy seeing stuff like this.

Kyrie/LeBron/Drummond would have been cool. (this still bugs me, you have a great young PG - why not take the 7' behemoth who can be spoon fed 15 & 10 just off of natural ability in time. But, no take the volume scoring guard who may or may not ever learn defense.)

So, yeah..Kyrie/Waiters/LeBron..not as cool.

I would've took Drummond as well even though he is a project. In 2-3 years he will be a stud. That lineup would have been crazy. I like waiters but his potential is not the same as Andre.

Let's see what Bledsoe does with the starting job today. He may even get 2 shots at this since CP3 might be out for tomorrow as well.

Drummond doesn't know how to play right now, but is still effecting the game when he's on the floor.

Mistakes were made on Draft night.

Who do you guys think will be the best SG in the NBA from the 2013 draft? Shabazz, Goodwin or McLemore?

Bazz, he's the most aggressive, NBA ready physically and just knows how to get to the basket at any time. He reminds me of a poor mans Harden right now plus being a lefty will help. He needs to develop his range more to set up his penetration but he'll put up 15+ his rookie year still.

If Lebron was smart he would go back, Irving and Lebron plus a high pick this year... :x

Lebron makes a crappy team good but a potential super star PG and Lebron and a few legit pieces.

0.1% chance it happens but i wouldnt be against it

Any player that has potential but hasn't played to it yet need to go to the lakers. I swear every other season somebody comes outta nowhere n plays way better than they played on other teams. Shannon brown, trevor ariza, now earl clark.

Some random team is definitely gonna Ariza Earl Clark's contract next year

McLemore has alot of young Ray Allen in him. I'm not sure why people compared Beal to Ray Allen, but McLemore is the real young Ray Allen.

No love for Archie?

Kyrie/LeBron/Drummond would have been cool. (this still bugs me, you have a great young PG - why not take the 7' behemoth who can be spoon fed 15 & 10 just off of natural ability in time. But, no take the volume scoring guard who may or may not ever learn defense.)

Cavs always reach in drafts. Besides the obvious LeBron & Kyrie pick, every other high pick they have had has been suspect. Luke Jackson, Tristan Thompson, now Dion. Knowing the Cavs they will draft like Bennett from UNLV or Otto Porter at like #3 just for the hell of it.

So what they plan on doing (accoriding to this article) is to tank the rest of this season, get the highest pick available in the 2013 draft. Do NOTHING during the 2013 offseason.. Come back in 13--14, tank that season and do NOTHING during the regular season.. get a high draft pick and then pursue LeBron?

Yay! Looking forward to another uneventful sad season next year :smh:

So, the deal that was supposedly on the table for Rudy from Washington was Crawford, Ariza, Sinlgeton, Vesely/Webster + '13 1st round pick (either top 3 or top 5 protected) for Rudy. No Beal.

Wall
Beal
Rudy
Okafor
Nene

That's one hell of a squad in the East. Good enough to make the playoffs.

So, the deal that was supposedly on the table for Rudy from Washington was Crawford, Ariza, Sinlgeton, Vesely/Webster + '13 1st round pick (either top 3 or top 5 protected) for Rudy. No Beal.

Wall
Beal
Rudy
Okafor
Nene

& they didnt pull the trigger why?

Last edited:
McLemore has alot of young Ray Allen in him. I'm not sure why people compared Beal to Ray Allen, but McLemore is the real young Ray Allen.

No love for Archie?
sounds good.. please baby jesus let us get the 4th pick and let him be there..

or a center to replace perk

for those who actually watch college ball, IF the thunder end up with the 4th pick.. who would be the best fit for the thunder of the guys who could potentially come out?

Cavs always reach in drafts. Besides the obvious LeBron & Kyrie pick, every other high pick they have had has been suspect. Luke Jackson, Tristan Thompson, now Dion. Knowing the Cavs they will draft like Bennett from UNLV or Otto Porter at like #3 just for the hell of it.

So what they plan on doing (accoriding to this article) is to tank the rest of this season, get the highest pick available in the 2013 draft. Do NOTHING during the 2013 offseason.. Come back in 13--14, tank that season and do NOTHING during the regular season.. get a high draft pick and then pursue LeBron?

Yay! Looking forward to another uneventful sad season next year :smh:

Not sure if SRS. You have no idea what they plan on doing this off-season, neither do I.

Tristian Thompson has shown to be better than the other top 6 prospects chosen after him, averaging a double-double per game this season - and can easily become a top rebounder in the East as long as Varejao isn't out there.

Dion is showing signs of becoming an great SG in a few years. He's MAD raw and young, give him a few years in this league and he'll blossom to a 18-20ppg SG without a doubt.

AT, they are so soft as a organization it's sad. Only moves they have made are atroicious.

Larry Hughes - 60 million dollar deal :x

Signed 340 year old Shaq
85 year old Jamison
A bunch of old bums also like Joe Smith & Ben Wallace... plus Wally.

jokes.

oh, and remember Hickson > Amare ...

Last edited:
& they didnt pull the trigger why?

Probably because the pick is protected top 3 or 5 protected. More than likely, the Wizards getting a top 4 pick in this draft. There's the chance Memphis could get it in 2014, but who's to say the Wizards wouldn't be a decent team in the East with that squad that year?

AT, they are so soft as a organization it's sad. Only moves they have made are atroicious.

Larry Hughes - 60 million dollar deal
sick.gif

Signed 340 year old Shaq
85 year old Jamison

jokes.

Leave Wally out of this!

Larry Hughes - 60 million dollar deal :x

Signed 340 year old Shaq
85 year old Jamison

jokes.

Trust me lol I understand and share the same pain. Those signings you mentioned were bad, but not the worst.

But as a small market team, you really don't have much to work with - other than drafting and trading - and you have to NAIL those transactions every time. Since Lebron left, I think we have- and we've done all we can. We've accumilated a TON of draft picks (correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe only 1 other team besides the Cavs have the most 1st round draft picks in the next 3 years). At this point, it's a waiting game - but I understand that telling a Cavs fan to wait is like telling milk to not spoil. But what are we going to do?

This team is built to compete in the next 2-3 years. We're the youngest team in the league. You can't expect much out of that.

Word is the Cavs are gearing up for the summer of 2014, so we'll just have to sit back and watch...

I was just thinking this. What if they stumble into Noel this year though? Could be a chance to make up for that blunder.

Wall
Beal
Rudy
Okafor
Nene

Wizards would still SUCK

minus Rudy, people said (myself included) that they would make the playoffs.

i dont see Rudy making that big of an Impact, Okafor sucks, and Beal isnt ready yet.

Speaking of the past draft, if based on potential does Lillard go top three even with how well he's played? Davis, Drummond and MKG have been good in their own right all while being three years younger. Something to think about.

You have more faith that most in Waiters AT but Thompson has been great so far in AV's absence.

I agree; I mean I hate to say it - but Varejao is preventing the progress of Tristian's development. When they're both out there, Varejao dominates.

laugh.gif
mean.gif

I saw a trade in a certain thread about how stat for kyrie and sideshow bob would help both teams
laugh.gif
mean.gif
I saw that too
laugh.gif
but I thought they were joking
roll.gif
You never know, look at the lakers thread, dudes throwing out trades like life boats hoping a GM clicks submit by mistake.
laugh.gif
That's nice...you came across one of tommy's troll trades in our thread. Tell us more.

I bet you've spent more time in the past week lurking the Knicks/Lakers threads than you've watched Nets games all year.
I forgot to ask this last week with the whole "Bron might be coming back to Cleveland" with the sources and ****...but you think OOC comes back if that happens?
laugh.gif
Easily the most cowardly ****** I've seen in my years here. ******g bum knows better than to show up. Green light still on his ***.

Speaking of the past draft, if based on potential does Lillard go top three even with how well he's played? Davis, Drummond and MKG have been good in their own right all while being three years younger. Something to think about.

Probably not. Who takes him out of NO, Charlotte or Washington?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom