Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
allen got put on skates
roll.gif

To say Ray Allen is a liability defensively is an understatement.
laugh.gif

And how the hell does Bosh only have one rebound for the whole damn game?
mean.gif

indifferent.gif
Yeah ok. You're a cool guy but chill with this nonsense

He does suck though
You dudes are ridiculous on here. Ya'll try too hard. He sucks? Say he hasn't lived to the hype...sure. But sucks? That's just ******ed and you know it's ******ed.

LAL, Bos, Dal

Watch for them this week. All riding winning streaks and may have turned the corner.

Last edited:
KD is having a superb season, even by his standards.

He's definitely in the driver's seat for MVP right now.

People are so quick to write off Wall damn.. This is his 3rd season and dude's been injured for quite a while give him a lil more time

probably because he hasnt improved much at anything since he got into the league, sure hes quick and can get to the basket but what has he improved on?

:nerd:

This is what happens when everyone thinks the Grizzlies are better without Rudy and think ZBO and Marc can duplicate the 2011 playoffs. Like I've been saying for a long time, if Memphis moves one of Rudy or ZBO, you move ZBO. Its the best long term decision. ZBO is good when playing with both Marc and having Rudy to help keep the defense off of him, but without a guy like Rudy he has games like tonight. If he was long or athletic enough like Rudy, he could probably battle different types of defenses, but he just can't duplicate that 2011 success anymore.

But, I'm the crazy one for thinking ZBO should be the odd man out. Every Memphis media outlet thinks ZBO is still the same player he was two seasons ago and ignoring the fact that we was a 4th seed last year with Mo Speights starting last year. :lol:

And no I'm not saying Rudy is a leader. But, if the plan is to move one of these guys now or in the offseason, they need to move ZBO. I don't want to build around a guy that's almost 32 years old when the rest of the core players or 27 or younger.

You are legitimate championship contender with ZBO without him, you are an also-ran.

You aren't OKC, you aren't going to be competing for a championship for the next decade, you don't have a generational talent, this is your shot, you have no "long-term".

It would be crazy to give up ZBO, you don't get a trophy for being eliminated in the 2nd round.

You are legitimate championship contender with ZBO without him, you are an also-ran.

You aren't OKC, you aren't going to be competing for a championship for the next decade, you don't have a generational talent, this is your shot, you have no "long-term".

It would be crazy to give up ZBO, you don't get a trophy for being eliminated in the 2nd round.

That's why you move him in the offseason when the chance we had is over. Last season and this season are the only two years I see us being legitimate contenders unless we get do something great in the offseason. Last season was ruined by ZBO not being a 100%. This season, I want us to keep the team together and see what a healthy squad can do. If we fail, we have to make a decision between Rudy or ZBO. We also need to make a decision on Conley and Hollins going foward. The front office likes Wroten a lot and Dave Joerger (who is the person behind this great defense).

Wroten is going to be really good. I'm not sure if its superstar good, all-star good or fringe all-star good, but its going to be one of them. If we don't go deep into the playoffs this year, its time to develop him.

Maybe my vision of the team is different than what people outside of Memphis see it. I think with some re-tooling, this team can be right back to being a legitimate contender again in about 2 more years. But, I do not want to see the same team heading into next season. Even though I like Conley, we need a player like Wroten. I like Hollins, but if he's too stubborn and the front office likes our assistant better, he may be on his way out too. The key here is to make our offense elite like our defense. That means we need legit playmakers, high IQ players, shooters and a faster pace.

Our defense will remain elite as long as we keep Joerger around with guys like TA, Pondexter, Marc, Wroten, etc. What we need is a high octane offense or a player that's capable of making our offense extremely hard to defend. Wroten has that in him.

Last edited:
That was a pretty hard foul, though. However, I think it was definitely unintentional. Did you see DMC's face after he swung his arm hard? Looked like he didn't even realize that he hit Zeller's face for like 5 seconds then looked down to see Zeller :lol:

probably because he hasnt improved much at anything since he got into the league, sure hes quick and can get to the basket but what has he improved on?

nerd.gif
He's 2 games into his 3rd season. Relax.

His numbers through 2 seasons are right on line with all the other current top PGs in the league through their first 2 seasons.

KD and Westbrook combined for 77pts, to the Suns 90, which included scoring 47 of the Thunder's 51 pts in the second half! Miami somewhat does it, but I wonder why a team doesn't just like triple team them 2 and say **** everyone else. Perkins and Thabeet couldn't score double figure points if you locked them in a gym by themselves overnight. Perk would pick up double figure techs and both would foul out on illegal screens though. Again, Lamb only checked in for the final possession of the game. And Perk is trying his damnedest to not get traded since the new year broke. 13 boards tonight. Money Mayweather is on the bandwagon too, he has been at the last 3 games. I wonder if he'll come to OKC on Wednesday

Did Wade play the 4th? I only saw the last 50 secs where Hayward mixed Ray & Bosh couldn't handle Lebron's pass & I look at the box score and he only played 29 mins.

Last edited:
People are so quick to write off Wall damn.. This is his 3rd season and dude's been injured for quite a while give him a lil more time

:nerd:

wall has all the physical tools, but hasnt really developed in areas that he struggles in. still cant do much in the half court set, turns the ball over, doesnt make his teammates better, and his shot is just awful. i never really expected him to be a top tier guard coming out even being the number one pick, but do think he can have a solid career.

it's really hard to evaluate him because of the talent that he is surrounded with, but then again, kyrie is developing nicely even though the team doesnt win, but the cavs do compete.

^"doesn't make his teammates better"? Just admit you've never seen a Wizards game, it's okay, no one will be mad. An athletic penetrating guard like Wall opens things up for everyone when he's on the floor. Even tonight, Bradley Beal and guys like Jan Vesely and Kevin Seraphin were just feasting off of easy baskets Wall was setting up.

People were falsely expecting him to break out like DRose even though he isn't even in that mold. Wall isn't gonna be a big scorer taking 20 shots a night (ala Rose, Westbrook, Irving etc), he's a pass-first PG playing in a team situation that doesn't fully suit his strengths. And even at that, he's still averaging 8apg for his career. He just needs a jumpshot. The rest will be up to the Wizards surrounding him with front court talent.

KD is having a superb season, even by his standards.

He's definitely in the driver's seat for MVP right now.

Gotta agree. Especially with the Heat dropping games.

Yep Durant should be getting his first MVP this year, there's no question about it right now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom