Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then how could you think a penetrating, pass-first guard averaging 8apg on a crappy team is not making his teammates better? If I'm not mistaken, the Wizards had no one shooting above 41% last year and he averaged 8apg, think about that.

I understand why some people are down on him though.. he is still very raw in many areas. Maybe I'm more optimistic because I have to be, as a Wiz fan. But I think his jumpshot is really the main knock on him, his athleticism and instincts (offensively and defensively) are too great for him not to be an impact player in this league. Maybe not the best PG in the league, but he will be good.

If he doesn't show improvement by the end of this season I'll start to worry.

Last edited:
^he's a number one overall pick. i expect guys drafted that high to be great/all-everything, not just good. he's not a mid first rounder like jrue or ty (who are all solid), wall needs to be better than them. so, if he ends up like raymond felton (decent), that is okay? especially for being picked that high?

Iman Shumpert and Derrick Rose tore their ACLs on the same day. Yet, Shumpert is slated to return this Thurs with Rose's return still nowhere in sight..

:smh:

Iman Shumpert and Derrick Rose tore their ACLs on the same day. Yet, Shumpert is slated to return this Thurs with Rose's return still nowhere in sight..

:smh:

Meh, its up to the player and organization. Id be cautious with Rose like ive been saying all summer until now.

mean.gif
Meh, its up to the player and organization. Id be cautious with Rose like ive been saying all summer until now.
Maybe the severity of Rose's tear was greater?

Last edited:

This. Every torn ACL injury is not the same and there are a lot of variables when determining the right time for the player to return from the injury. Bulls need to take their time and make sure Rose only returns when he is completely 100% which I'm sure is what they are going to do.

Or maybe one team has nearly $100 million and their franchise's entire future locked into one player...and the other doesn't?
its not that :lol: every team cares for their players whether its the 1st man or the 12th.

two players can suffer the same injury at the same exact time but it means nothing, not everyone heals the exact same.

it means nothing.

Funny how much **** Stacy King talks now because he was one of the main dudes MJ used to clown when they played together

if sean elliot wasnt alive i would say he was the worst former player color commentator in the league lol

but let stacy king live now. he aint nothing but a fat slob now :lol:

Rose is a bit more brittle then Shump that's why his recovery time taking longer

Best part to watch about the NBA season is the playoffs,well that's the only thing I watch.College basketball is better....

Last edited:
Rose hurt his knee, rested and hurt his knee again in Game 1 of the playoffs i think. So you would think Rose injury was worse than Iman

its not that :lol: every team cares for their players whether its the 1st man or the 12th.

two players can suffer the same injury at the same exact time but it means nothing, not everyone heals the exact same.

it means nothing.

I understand that athletes (and humans, for that matter) heal differently. But when you factor in the investment of an NBA star, it makes quite a bit of difference. so stop acting like that doesn't mean anything. If the Bulls were playing like crap, they wouldn't bring Rose back this season. I'm sure of it. As it stands now, they'll bring him back in time to secure a top 4 seed in EC playoffs.

Rose style of play is a reason while he needs to not rush his return....those powerful hopsteps he do

Then how could you think a penetrating, pass-first guard averaging 8apg on a crappy team is not making his teammates better? If I'm not mistaken, the Wizards had no one shooting above 41% last year and he averaged 8apg, think about that.

I understand why some people are down on him though.. he is still very raw in many areas. Maybe I'm more optimistic because I have to be, as a Wiz fan. But I think his jumpshot is really the main knock on him, his athleticism and instincts (offensively and defensively) are too great for him not to be an impact player in this league. Maybe not the best PG in the league, but he will be good.

If he doesn't show improvement by the end of this season I'll start to worry.

THANK YOU.

Wall is a product of his environment. Nothing more, nothing less. Like you said...I can see why people are down on him, but he's not nearly as bad as dudes like Zyzzle and Antidope say.

If he can stay healthy for the rest of the year (with the rest of the team), let's revisit opinions on him. The team right now, which isn't saying a lot, is MUCH better b-ball IQ wise than anything Wall has had since he was drafted in the NBA.

*Another thing...you want to talk about being a product of the environment (Zyzzle)...how about your boy Deron Williams when he came to New Jersey? He had a BUM team and was a shell of what he looked like in Utah. Same scenario as Wall. You're only as good as the players around you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom