Votes: 29 49.2%
  • No. 24

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
hardens beard hardens beard sup with your boy Gary Harris

Two words, Paul Milsap. It's like fam you already got the bag no need to try to prove yourself. He mucking up plays with his ball stopping.

Gary gotta enroll in the Magic Harden free throw academy because his FTR rate is pathetic right now.

Dude shooting 80% at the rim but only managed 7FTA in 12 games:sick:

IMG_0323.PNG

Sounds like a trash bench to me

I won't blame the bench.
I blame the culture.
OKC has rolled some bench players through here for 10 years.
They always get better when they leave or are better before arriving.
I mean, that's OKC, not "trash players"
Even the starters who have left(most recently Dipo/Sabonis ) flourish after.
It's the culture, and not just the on court game culture, I include the whole OKC process from micro management of the press to micro management of the whole process off the court.

Playing I'm OKC is like being im after school detention.
Even detention was lit as long as it was during School hours, but after school detention, nah man, it's just no fun.

From Reddit

A core play for the Thunder should be the Westbrook-Melo pick and roll. Carmelo is nominally the four and between him and George, he's going to draw the slower defender because George is more athletic. You want to put the slower defender in any Westbrook pick and roll for him to abuse.

A big problem with this is Carmelo doesn't like setting screens. It was true with New York, and it's true in Oklahoma City. In New York last season, he averaged 0.9 screen assists per game (34 minutes), and this season he's averaging 1.1 screen assists per game (32 minutes). In comparison, Steven Adams is one of the best screen setters in the leauge and he's averaging 4.3 screen assists per game (31 minutes). Here's what that looks like:

Carmelo Slip Screen A

Carmelo Slip Screen B

Adams Screen

These aren't the best examples, but watch Carmelo enough and you'll notice that he likes slipping screens so he can catch the ball in space and do something with it. There's value in that, and it should be noted that Adams also slips screens. But in the pick and roll, for whatever reason, Carmelo almost only slips screens. And when Westbrook gets a little bit of space, he's able to get into the paint, create havoc and the Thunder can get a consistently effective shot from this play.

My argument is that isn't the best thing for the Thunder. It's true that Carmelo is scoring 1.20 ppp in the post (92.7 percentile), but Westbrook is the better passer with the ball, and the Thunder would be smart to leverage the threat the Carmelo poses into giving Westbrook space. Teams are loath to switch a point guard on Carmelo, and Westbrook just needs a little bit of space to do work.

The model here is what Dirk did and does for the Mavericks, set screens at the top of the key, consistently generating space for any point guard who can take advantage of it. This season, Dirk is averaging 2.1 screen assists per game (24 minutes), and last season, Dirk averaged 3.1 screen assists per game (27 minutes).

There's a lot of talk about the lack of the Thunder system, but a simple, effective addition would simply run a Westbrook/Anthony screen where Anthony tries to spring Westbrook open.

OKC gonna beat the dog**** out of the clippers today doe. No Bev, Gallo, Milos.

And if they don’t....time to blow it up.

Sixers need to bring in somebody who can teach Embiid how to play. There's no reason for him to constantly be hovering around the 3 point line. Then when he goes down low he literally gets bullied by smaller guys and falls to the ground. He's too damn big for that. Go down there, post up, take 1-2 dribbles and go up with it.

He's trying to show off and do too much. Play to your strengths.

Last edited:
I️ think NT should formally present me with an award for being right about Melo year, after year, after year....

Was around 6 years ago now that I first stated that Melo’s isolation play style and inability to adapt would make him a perennial loser.

Got a lot of people arguing he was actually a superstar. Comparisons to Dirk :lol:.

Always said, wait and see.... time will prove me right.

I️ think NT should formally present me with an award for being right about Melo year, after year, after year....

Was around 6 years ago now that I first stated that Melo’s isolation play style and inability to adapt would make him a perennial loser.

Got a lot of people arguing he was actually a superstar. Comparisons to Dirk :lol:.

Always said, wait and see.... time will prove me right.

We shouldn't because you've always been a hater for some weird reason and the offense was stagnant for 9 seasons before Melo ever got there. To make this assertion would be to say that he's the catalyst for the offense bogging down, implying that the offense flowed before. It didn't. Sure he hasn't won but we've went over the reasons a ton of times. This team had no chance of winning in the first place because they have a PG who can't run an offense. But sure, it's Carmelo :smh:

We shouldn't because you've always been a hater for some weird reason and the offense was stagnant for 9 seasons before Melo ever got there. To make this assertion would be to say that he's the catalyst for the offense bogging down, implying that the offense flowed before. It didn't. Sure he hasn't won but we've went over the reasons a ton of times. This team had no chance of winning in the first place because they have a PG who can't run an offense. But sure, it's Carmelo :smh:

Huh? I’m not blaming Carmelo for OKC’s struggles. I’m just pointing out that he has failed to adapt his game and is doing the same old thing. There’s no magical “Olympic Melo”

And there’s no “some weird reason”. I️ don’t like Melo because of the way he plays basketball, and I’ve been proven right to a tee.

Huh? I’m not blaming Carmelo for OKC’s struggles. I’m just pointing out that he has failed to adapt his game and is doing the same old thing. There’s no magical “Olympic Melo”

And there’s no “some weird reason”. I️ don’t like Melo because of the way he plays basketball, and I’ve been proven right to a tee.

Because he's never played with any real PG/talent outside of Chauncey. They went to the WCF. Yes, yes it's weird. You COMPLETELY ignore anything around him in order to say you're right. Anytime he's had competent talent, he's succeeded. This year it's looking like he won't because well, look at the team. Even then he's not playing bad right now.

OKC only looked good on paper.. They're not flipping any switch later in the season
Sounded funny typing that didn't it.
You even mouthed it as you typed it and it sounded wrong when it rolled off of your lips.
Easy fix their issue.

Because he's never played with any real PG/talent outside of Chauncey. They went to the WCF. Yes, yes it's weird. You COMPLETELY ignore anything around him in order to say you're right. Anytime he's had competent talent, he's succeeded. This year it's looking like he won't because well, look at the team. Even then he's not playing bad right now.

Nooooo this again! Melo needs more help! Man he’s played the exact same way his entire career and it doesn’t matter what or who is around him.

Why do the Knicks look like they’re having fun, sharing the ball, and players are stepping up as soon as he leaves? Why did the Denver Nuggets do the exact same thing?

This is someone that missed the playoffs consistently in the East when teams with zero talent were getting the 7th and 8th seeds. Just stop with the excuses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom