• No. 8

Votes: 29 49.2%
  • No. 24

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nooooo this again! Melo needs more help! Man he’s played the exact same way his entire career and it doesn’t matter what or who is around him.

Why do the Knicks look like they’re having fun, sharing the ball, and players are stepping up as soon as he leaves? Why did the Denver Nuggets do the exact same thing?

This is someone that missed the playoffs consistently in the East when teams with zero talent were getting the 7th and 8th seeds. Just stop with the excuses.

Like I said ignore everything to prove you're right. It's weird. Derrick Rose, who was probably more detrimental, also left. Ignore Phil in the media all year. The Nuggets got back a ton of good players, why wouldn't they look good? He missed the playoffs consistently, but never missing in a tougher conference doesn't matter. You don't make any sense. You never really have when it's regarding Melo. Hence, weird

Like I said ignore everything to prove you're right. It's weird. Derrick Rose, who was probably more detrimental, also left. Ignore Phil in the media all year. The Nuggets got back a ton of good players, why wouldn't they look good? He missed the playoffs consistently, but never missing in a tougher conference doesn't matter. You don't make any sense. You never really have when it's regarding Melo. Hence, weird

It's funny because you keep talking about talent but you ignore my actual criticism of Carmelo, which are related to the way he plays the game. Ironic to me because you are the first to level many similar criticisms as Russ, who is a significantly better player despite his own flaws.

Melo has won his entire career though.
His down years were Phil's Knick Era.
What are you talking about.

Won... what? Yes, he had one exemplary year where they made the WCF.

OKCpee.png

Damn. Cold world.

Savage.

Dudes really thought Hoodie Melo was real :lol:

anigif_enhanced-buzz-1650-1404382331-13.gif

Also I'm tired of arguing about Melo but I will say some things I've said before:

1. The Knicks have had 4 winning seasons in the 21st century. 3 of them involved Melo.

2. Only 7 people have won an NCAA championship, NBA Championship and Olympic gold medal. Melo has checked off 2 of those things.

But sure he's not a winner.

Last edited:
Damn. Cold world.

Savage.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-1650-1404382331-13.gif

Also I'm tired of arguing about Melo but I will say something I've said before: The Knicks have had 4 winning seasons in the 21st century. 3 of them involved Melo.

...And so did 4 of the losing seasons. Isaiah Thomas' incompetence shouldn't be used to prop up Melo's failures.

Anyways I gotta go to work, but as always... Just wait and see.

"Won what?" He says.

I guess you should add the other 11,984 players who've been in the NBA and only made it AS FAR as the Conference Finals to your list of losers that Melo is on, then, because most players DONT WIN CHIPS.

It's funny because you keep talking about talent but you ignore my actual criticism of Carmelo, which are related to the way he plays the game. Ironic to me because you are the first to level many similar criticisms as Russ, who is a significantly better player despite his own flaws.

Won... what? Yes, he had one exemplary year where they made the WCF.

Because your actual criticism is nonsense. I've also already refuted it. Your criticism revolves around him being a player YOU want him to be and ignoring what he actually does. It also revolves around team success but you wish to ignore...... The team around him. The criticisms I have of Russ (some) are based on his team but you'll never see me say Russ isn't great. He is. You for some reason can't wrap your mind around the fact that Melo is great, even if he's not what you want him to be. And THAT is weird.

Because your actual criticism is nonsense. I've also already refuted it. Your criticism revolves around him being a player YOU want him to be and ignoring what he actually does. It also revolves around team success but you wish to ignore...... The team around him. The criticisms I have of Russ (some) are based on his team but you'll never see me say Russ isn't great. He is. You for some reason can't wrap your mind around the fact that Melo is great, even if he's not what you want him to be. And THAT is weird.

I've said Carmelo is a ball-stopper who defaults to isolation too often and isn't particularly efficient at scoring and doesn't do other things well, and this has a negative impact on his teammates. How in the world is that not a valid criticism?

Also him

Just don't make any sense at all

:lol: still ignoring my "ridiculous" criticism of Carmelo's game.

"Carmelo is a ball-stopper who defaults to isolation too often and isn't particularly efficient at scoring and doesn't do other things well, and this has a negative impact on his teammates. How in the world is that not a valid criticism?"

Waiting for your refutation.

:lol: still ignoring my "ridiculous" criticism of Carmelo's game.

"Carmelo is a ball-stopper who defaults to isolation too often and isn't particularly efficient at scoring and doesn't do other things well, and this has a negative impact on his teammates. How in the world is that not a valid criticism?"

Waiting for your refutation.

You're just now saying this. He's currently the most efficient player on his team. And without looking at the actual numbers I'm willing to bet he has the ball the least out of the 3. He isolates a lot because 1) he's good at it and 2) he's never been on a team where he didn't need to. Outside of the team where he made a deep run. Your criticism revolved around him not playing winning ball but you consistently ignore that his teams win. Then you move it to championships while ignoring that, he's never been on a championship caliber team. You don't know what you want discredit other than you just wanna discredit Melo. It's tired and it's weird. Aren't you supposed to be working?

You're just now saying this. He's currently the most efficient player on his team. And without looking at the actual numbers I'm willing to bet he has the ball the least out of the 3. He isolates a lot because 1) he's good at it and 2) he's never been on a team where he didn't need to. Outside of the team where he made a deep run. Your criticism revolved around him not playing winning ball but you consistently ignore that his teams win. Then you move it to championships while ignoring that, he's never been on a championship caliber team. You don't know what you want discredit other than you just wanna discredit Melo. It's tired and it's weird. Aren't you supposed to be working?

You sound delusional. My criticism of Carmelo has always been exactly what I said. I just find the fact that he loses a lot funny. You can't see the forest for the trees because you are taking this argument so personally.

If Melo did the little things well, like setting screens and putting effort into defense, the fact that he defaults to ISO so much might be less of an issue. However, he doesn't. His offensive style is extreme and it hurts the players around him. It also makes it difficult for coaches to build an offense because he doesn't buy in.

I don't think people on here want to see a 3 page Carmelo Anthony argument in 2017, but you should stop trying to take shots at me personally and consider why my criticisms just might be valid. I may enjoy trolling about Carmelo and taking cheap shots, but I didn't start disliking his game by accident.

I've had this argument before and I think the answer is obvious but apparently it isn't.

Who is better on Iso, James Harden or Kyrie Irving?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom