Votes: 29 49.2%
  • No. 24

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
DSJ is going to win ROY

:pimp: Dipo looking a lot faster now since he worked out hard this summer to get in better shape

And dudes was saying Zo can't shoot.
Those shots in that chart that he was taking were largely more open looks than normal because defenders aren't likely to be guarding you close that far behind the college line. Now that he is in the NBA, players are actually defending him where he was shooting those shots. In SL, he looked like he had never shot a basketball before. Obviously he could end up being a good shooter with weird form, like Kevin Martin, but I'm not exactly ready to pencil it in yet.

DSJ aka the next Steve Francis is the most overhyped player in a long time, but he fits every box to be loved here:

X Small
X Score first point guard
X Mediocre playmaker
X Bad defender

So glad the Knicks didn't take him, even if Frank doesn't pan out. He'll put up stats on a bad team though.

None of those guys are really traditional bigs though

This. I was just about to say the classic dominant big man most of us grew up watching is dead.
They've had to adjust their game and pick up guard skills now. Dudes are out here splashing 3s and playing point center.

Those shots in that chart that he was taking were largely more open looks than normal because defenders aren't likely to be guarding you close that far behind the college line. Now that he is in the NBA, players are actually defending him where he was shooting those shots. In SL, he looked like he had never shot a basketball before. Obviously he could end up being a good shooter with weird form, like Kevin Martin, but I'm not exactly ready to pencil it in yet.

He 19 so we can't pencil in anything yet. He's struggling right now and we'll see how his shooting improves but saying he can't shot when he shot 41% on 2.2 3's in college was crazy.

Sixers going to be what the early 00 clippers were. That Lo miles rich sqaud.
All hype.. Quote Me

There may very well be some validity to this statement, but want to see how they do up until the mid way point of the season before writing them off. That 5-8 spot in the East is a toss up so if they play their cards right they could end up in one of those spots. Definitely not a sure shot though.

Jokic, KAT, AD, Kris, Blake. Remember when the big man was dying?
All of those bigs have "guard skills" that make them extremely valuable. These types of players are the most coveted in the game right now, IMO.

Okafor/Kanter/Monroe are better examples of what you're talking about.

This. I was just about to say the classic dominant big man most of us grew up watching is dead.
They've had to adjust their game and pick up guard skills now. Dudes are out here splashing 3s and playing point center.
I really enjoyed back-to-the-basket big man play too. Feel like I'm one of the only ones. Aside from Shaq who was just too damn good.

I haven't heard anyone say Zo can't shoot. That's crazy to me. His form however is a problem. It makes when he shoots very predictable and he'll never get it off under consistent NBA pressure without running a proper pick&roll.

Kris Dunn: ‘I Was in a Terrible Situation Last Year’

IMG_0191.JPG

No, not really,” Dunn added about whether starting now mattered. “I was in a terrible situation last year where I didn’t get to play a lot of minutes. So coming in this year, knowing I will have those minutes under my belt, it really doesn’t matter to me.

Read more at http://www.slamonline.com/nba/kris-dunn-terrible-situation-last-year/#UtM08UMOzB3kigWP.99

Y’all can yearn for those traditional bigs and your midrange 2 style basketball if you want. Give me these 3 pt shooting, playmaking 6’8+ bigs every day.

I like the current playstyle, I just like to see big dudes crushing the paint too.

Part of it is because the refs always treated big men unfairly. Yao and Dwight were posterchilds for this.

Reactions: HIM
I really enjoyed back-to-the-basket big man play too. Feel like I'm one of the only ones. Aside from Shaq who was just too damn good.

Shaq barely bothered with footwork, head fakes, ball fakes, any of that stuff :lol:
Dude was just that physically gifted. Elbow sandwiches all night long :lol:

I don’t put too much stock in anything rookies are doing or not doing until at least the All star break

I like the current playstyle, I just like to see big dudes crushing the paint too.

Part of it is because the refs always treated big men unfairly. Yao and Dwight were posterchilds for this.
pro and cons to every era obviously. I miss back to the basket dominant bigs but I don't miss the "ISO" ball of back in the day. Ish was ugly

You can have both styles of play ...ideally u wanna spread it out and have options with space but if u got a big in the paint killin it no reason not to be feeding him instead of launching contested 3’s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom