• No. 8

Votes: 29 49.2%
  • No. 24

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
pro and cons to every era obviously. I miss back to the basket dominant bigs but I don't miss the "ISO" ball of back in the day. Ish was ugly

Me neither. Don't really like those type of players now either. Give me ball movement any day.

Shaq barely bothered with footwork, head fakes, ball fakes, any of that stuff :lol:
Dude was just that physically gifted. Elbow sandwiches all night long :lol:

Shaq's footwork was sick!!

DSJ aka the next Steve Francis is the most overhyped player in a long time, but he fits every box to be loved here:

X Small
X Score first point guard
X Mediocre playmaker
X Bad defender

So glad the Knicks didn't take him, even if Frank doesn't pan out. He'll put up stats on a bad team though.
wouldnt he be doing that on the knicks if they took him though?

Not sure we'll ever see traditional back to the basket bigs as focal points anymore.

Chances are whatever 10 year olds out there who might be the "next Shaq" aren't going to be doing post drills for 8 hours a day. They're going to want to handle the ball and shoot 3's too.

The game has evolved. I have no nostalgic attachment to the "classic" big man.

I like the current style of play, and I’d much rather have the league the way it is now than the way it was in say 2001, but at the same time I don’t want every team to play the same way. Sometimes I’d like to see contrasting styles. It would be nice to see an old school type team led by a dominant traditional center able to be competitive with the three-happy teams like the Rockets and Warriors.

players who incorporate back to the basket/post moves in their game will be the ones who stand out.
ie.. giannis last year. he just needs to increase his range and and hit consistently...
guys should work on the back to the basket moves to take advantage of height advantages on defensive switches

IMG_0192.JPG

On top of that, as the Warriors prepared for the postseason, Warriors owner Joe Lacob was considering offering Curry a contract below the max, even though Curry has been one of the most underpaid players in all of sports over the last three seasons. Warriors general manager Bob Myers kept Lacob from bringing a reduced offer to the negotiating table, but it was enough of a thing that Myers reassured Curry of the franchise’s commitment.

https://theathletic.com/118079/2017...nside-stephen-currys-long-road-to-redemption/

Lacob wylin for even considering giving Steph less than the max.

Shaq's footwork was sick!!
Yea saying Shaq didn't bother with footwork is absolutely false, hits touch at that size is one of the best ever.

He had it and he could dribble in space too but be honest, compared to other post players how much did he really rely on footwork?
If he got the ball deep enough into the post then his body would get him open and then a soft bounce off the glass, hook into the basket or vicious dunk came next.
It was usually when someone messed up and he got the ball in the high post that you'd see the "feetwork" come out and even then it was only against adequate defenders, which when it came to him, there weren't too many of.

Yea Shaq had moves. It just so happened that his go to move was to bash your face in.

But if yall really wanna see a dominant big, hit the pm :nerd:

Minnesota Lynx laid the groundwork for the timberwolves to win the chip this year.

I'm booking it now. Jimmy butler will average 40 PPG in the playoffs to bring the chip to minnesota this year.

Don't quote me because my word is bond.

Yea saying Shaq didn't bother with footwork is absolutely false, hits touch at that size is one of the best ever.

Yup. He was teaching Shareef some footwork and post moves recently. Shaq was great at his craft.

Being in optimal shape....not so much.

Yup. He was teaching Shareef some footwork and post moves recently. Shaq was great at his craft.

I like the current style of play, and I’d much rather have the league the way it is now than the way it was in say 2001, but at the same time I don’t want every team to play the same way. Sometimes I’d like to see contrasting styles. It would be nice to see an old school type team led by a dominant traditional center able to be competitive with the three-happy teams like the Rockets and Warriors.

This, I want to see a team like Spurs/Pels be competitive with the likes of Warriors/Rockets. Spurs are already doing it but they're a good example of a slower pace team with talent.

Hope a team like Heat with no stars and defense first mentality can make it into that convo in the future

It was always impressive to me when Shaq finessed his way to a bucket because if I had his size and strength I'm not learning any of that ****. He really was amazing.

Yeah and then they'd be stuck with a fan favorite scorer you can't win with or build around
As opposed to a pg that doesn't pan out. You'd really rather have a bust than a fan favorite scorer? You lose either way but at least the game is watchable ...

Shaq had footwork for sure but there came a point in his career where he stopped caring about it, and decided he was just going to rely on his massive size and play bully ball

Literally with every yr he cared less about conditioning, footwork, let himself get larger and larger - just because he could

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom