• No. 8

Votes: 29 49.2%
  • No. 24

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what's awesome about the Warriors, eople see Curry and Durant as 1a and 1b, but it's really whoevers on, they made Maurice Speights look great. As far as money, he's already brought up a hometown discount, so it will be interesting to see how much of a discount he's talking. With Draymond the next year it will get real interesting. But they've all mentioned how it's about the core, so we'll see.

^ disagree. there's no egos on that team. if anything, losing makes them hungrier.

lacob dont mind paying that lux tax. ya see how much tix go for at these games? all that winning, he's still raking in the money.
it's a matter of how guys want to divvy up that money and if vets will continue to take less for a chance to win, while developing one or two young rookies along the way.

rest of the league better off to stock pile assets and wait a few years and pray they get generational talent

it has to be the right situation, though, not like a lamarcus. Good thing Durants ankle wasn't hurt already

30% the cap. If the cap is projected to be 108m looking at 30m+ a year deal to be with another team.
but with bird rights wouldn't it be up to lacob to match? and with the new rules they can offer more than anyone else for both green and thompson since they were drafted by the Warriors, so it would seem as if the ball is in GS ownerships court. With the new court being built, they need that product to sell tickets. It seems it is going to be easier to keep the players you have with free agents commanding max contracts at non max performance levels, so in order to replace that level of player, it would be basically the same hit towards the cap, but not toward the luxury tax. It's whatever they feel comfortable paying. We'll see. I'm hopeful, but also realisitic.

but with bird rights wouldn't it be up to lacob to match? and with the new rules they can offer more than anyone else for both green and thompson since they were drafted by the Warriors, so it would seem as if the ball is in GS ownerships court. With the new court being built, they need that product to sell tickets.
I have no idea how much warriors can offer him but durant deciding to take a pay cut i think they still wouldnt max out klay.

that's what's cool about it, klay is already talking about how Durants contract went down. Klay might not even be valuing his individual play as much as the team play as a whole. His dad has raved about the team play, pretty much all of them have been about the team. Steph took the max because it didn't matter towards the cap. Bird rights. Another drafted player who really was crucial contract wise to what we are seeing now, and into the future of the GSW. All that matters until Durants extension comes up is if they want to pay Cavs luxury tax money or not. And with the way Durants been talking about the future with the team, it might be a few years.

Everything is peachy while they're winning. They lose this season Lacob gonna turn into Scrooge McDuck with the checkbook in the off season, just watch

Lakers can give Klay Steph type money. He won't turn it down to make less as a 3rd option....
I'm always an advocate for taking the money but he won't. The Warriors have this very unique infrastructure that's empowering players to make money and invest outside of basketball alongside a very bright mind in the private equity space.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/feat...ff-court-play-for-nba-stars-is-startup-equity

To my knowledge they're the only team moving this way with their players (which is a shame).

Plus there's the allure of winning. The Lakers suck and likely will continue to suck through Klays prime. Why go there?

lose the finals? not so sure, 4 in a row is pretty nice still. fail to make the playoffs, yeah, I can see those purse strings getting tight, but what are the odds. and it seems like they have a lot of faith in Bob Myers, who is one of the most important pieces as well, I'd go as far as to add him to the solid core of Curry, Durant, Klay, and Draymond. It will take a lot to shake that tree hard enough to get those boys to fall off.

I'm always an advocate for taking the money but he won't. The Warriors have this very unique infrastructure that's empowering players to make money and invest outside of basketball alongside a very bright mind in the private equity space.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/feat...ff-court-play-for-nba-stars-is-startup-equity

To my knowledge they're the only team moving this way with their players (which is a shame).

Plus there's the allure of winning. The Lakers suck and likely will continue to suck through Klays prime. Why go there?

It's a narrative thing more than anything. Whether Klay stay or goes his future is bright but KD's presence undermines Klay on that team. He'll stay as long as they're winning convincingly.

KDs presence would undermine almost anyone on any team at any point in the history of the game. The real narrative is the fun they have on the court together. For now, and hopefully into the future. (for warriors fans)

that's where the almost comes in. it's funny because it seemed that's why him and Westbrook didn't work out, but does that speak to how good Durant is or isnt or how good Curry is as a teammate or even how good the team is as a whole.

that's where the almost comes in. it's funny because it seemed that's why him and Westbrook didn't work out, but does that speak to how good Durant is or isnt or how good Curry is as a teammate.

Durant isn't comfortable bein an alpha even though he's blessed with the skill set to be one. Him and Russ didn't work out because Westbrook was forced to be alpha even though he isn't as talented as KD. KD was frustrated that he couldn't take a back seat and still get a victory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom