• No. 8

Votes: 29 49.2%
  • No. 24

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody wants to admit this. The consensus on Houston going into last season was VERY low. They barely made the playoffs the year before, people clowned the MDA signing...and losing Howard and having Eric Gordon and Ryan Anderson as your top FA pick-ups didn't exactly have everyone excited about Houston.

I definitely agree. And you can just look at the Vegas numbers to verify what the perception was for those who deny it.

But D'Antoni deserves a huge amount of credit as well as Harden.

the same System that led them to a 78% winning percentage when he had a triple double?? people harp on this as if this wasn't the best option for the team as a whole to win............... maybe they should have practiced ball movement & rotation with a starting lineup that had one guy who shot 25% from 3, 19% from 3 & 0%.... Or maybe put the ball in the Hands of Adams more and let him work his Hakeem like post moves??

Giving Russell the Ball and letting him dominate the Offense led them to being a playoff team & was the best option to win

Look at who the triple double wins came against. That 78% mark is misleading a bit. Those triple double W's were games they were supposed to win. If you're ever bored and got the time....take a look at Russ Splits vs the Good teams and vs the bad teams. His game log as well.

Russ is an amazing player. Amazing players get you 41 wins in this league. A couple extra with clutch game winners and teams having off nights and you get 46. What Russ got OKC.

A usage rate of nearly 50% is never going to be good for a team no matter how scrubby the teammates are. And it's almost always going to make the player with that usage rate look good too if you rely on that narrative.

None of this is to say that Russ is not extremely good, but when you get to have the ball more you get more stats. It's that simple. And he has the highest usage rate in the history of the NBA.

Getting bigger stats without dominating the ball is much more impressive to me.

Gospel being spoken regarding the MVP.

I wanna see if he even finishes top five this year.

Random NBA thought: What's up with Dragan Bender? He's looked completely lost during last season and this pre-season. He played 43 games last season before getting injured and he's looked equally lost this pre-season.

IMG_0233.JPG

Elaborate.

Any good player can average more stats if they have the ball more simply as a result of volume.

Last year Westbrook had the highest usage rate of all time. He also had very impressive statistics. It's great that he was able to get those stats with the highest usage rate of all time, but again he had the highest usage rate of all time.

I'm sure many players in this league would benefit statistically if they had the highest usage rate of all time and just played purely in regards to their own stats rather than winning games.

Westbrook is a top 10 player of course, but he's not the best player simply because he had a higher usage rate than everyone else.

how do we define more impressive? i found it more impressive when he was putting up 30 a night in OKC because the task was more difficult, he's still great in his role now but the level of difficulty was higher

that's why i stand on Westbrooks season being better than Harden's last year because it was a bit more difficult for Russ, both had phenominal seasons, However James having a system catered to him AND being paired with Teammates who exceled around his game just wasn't as impressive as Russ doing what he did despite his teammates being counterproductive towards his strengths

This year will probably the best Russ we'll see, they can Currently set out a lineup where he can have four shooters around him while he attacks & he should be more dangerous than ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom