Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

chris-broussard-memphis.jpg

They need to retire DJ Paul’s sling before Tony allen’s jersey

Trevor Ariza, Ryan Anderson, Gordon, Lou Will, Pat Bev

Andre Roberson, Steven Adams, Oladipo, Taj Gibson, Sabonis ......... you tell me which group seems to be better at scoring. Ariza was assisted on 93% of his buckets because the Offense was set up for Harden to drive & kick to shooters. Trevor Ariza w/o Harden & on several different teams has showed that at the very least he's a decent scorer, Ryan Anderson has proved with or without Harden he can give you atleast 15 PPG, Gordon & Lou Will are ONLY in the league because they're good scorers.... Not to mention all for three of them are atleast league average from three....

There were times last year where Russ was playing crucial crunchtime minutes with SEMAJ CHRISTION next to him, should i fault him that he didn't have a league best offense surrounded by guys who cant even score 10 PPG or shoot over 35% from the floor. then you factor in the difference in offensive styles between the two coaches, and you can't be ******* serious

the Rockets Offensive talent last year>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the offensive talent of the Thunder

the Rockets had the same amount of double digit scorers on the bench, then the thunder had in their starting lineup (not including Russ)

The no other all stars argument is flawed to me. Guys who don't do anything other than stand around the perimeter and catch and shoot typically aren't all stars but they're perfect for mda's system and harden's style. Same with Russ and guys willing to box out and let rebounds bounce at their feet

Trevor Ariza, Ryan Anderson, Gordon, Lou Will, Pat Bev

Andre Roberson, Steven Adams, Oladipo, Taj Gibson, Sabonis ......... you tell me which group seems to be better at scoring. Ariza was assisted on 93% of his buckets because the Offense was set up for Harden to drive & kick to shooters. Trevor Ariza w/o Harden & on several different teams has showed that at the very least he's a decent scorer, Ryan Anderson has proved with or without Harden he can give you atleast 15 PPG, Gordon & Lou Will are ONLY in the league because they're good scorers.... Not to mention all for three of them are atleast league average from three....

There were times last year where Russ was playing crucial crunchtime minutes with SEMAJ CHRISTION next to him, should i fault him that he didn't have a league best offense surrounded by guys who cant even score 10 PPG or shoot over 35% from the floor. then you factor in the difference in offensive styles between the two coaches, and you can't be ****ing serious

the Rockets Offensive talent last year>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the offensive talent of the Thunder

the Rockets had the same amount of double digit scorers on the bench, then the thunder had in their starting lineup (not including Russ)

full

The no other all stars argument is flawed to me. Guys who don't do anything other than stand around the perimeter and catch and shoot typically aren't all stars but they're perfect for mda's system and harden's style

But somehow MDA style was able to produce 3 all stars in Phoenix.

The no other all stars argument is flawed to me. Guys who don't do anything other than stand around the perimeter and catch and shoot typically aren't all stars but they're perfect for mda's system and harden's style

Bigs that laid down for rebounds, Oladipo emasculating himself, and Donovan not emphasizing ball movement was perfect for Russ’ style

system was tailor made to Hardens strengths, which will work wonders in the regular season

Are we penalizing Harden for making the most of MDA's system?

And Nobody was saying this before the season started last year though. Once Harden made that system a top 10 OAT offense, all of a sudden it's the players he had around him.

Once Harden made that system a top 10 OAT offense, all of a sudden it's the players he had around him.

Nobody wants to admit this. The consensus on Houston going into last season was VERY low. They barely made the playoffs the year before, people clowned the MDA signing...and losing Howard and having Eric Gordon and Ryan Anderson as your top FA pick-ups didn't exactly have everyone excited about Houston.

I criticized Russ too. But regardless that wasn't the subject.
What I'm saying is that being surrounded by niche role players is what enabled harden to flourish. Now that he actually has another all Star some of his numbers are sure to drop

Are we penalizing Harden for making the most of MDA's system?

And Nobody was saying this before the season started last year though. Once Harden made that system a top 10 OAT offense, all of a sudden it's the players he had around him.

Nobody's penalizing him for anything, dudes are penalizing Westbrook for not having a league best Offense with several below league average offensive players around him. Even more im emphasizing that style doesn't matter if the players around can't execute. Dudes are acting as if he took a bunch oh horrible offensive players & turned them into a top 10 Offense. All those players i named had seasons on par with their averages w/o Harden, they were more than Capable offensive threats.

Criticize Harden for making the most out of MDA's system but ignore the system in place in OKC where they bent over backwards for one player's mission to average a triple double. The latter is a "system" too that Russ absolutely made the most out of

the same System that led them to a 78% winning percentage when he had a triple double?? people harp on this as if this wasn't the best option for the team as a whole to win............... maybe they should have practiced ball movement & rotation with a starting lineup that had one guy who shot 25% from 3, 19% from 3 & 0%.... Or maybe put the ball in the Hands of Adams more and let him work his Hakeem like post moves??

Giving Russell the Ball and letting him dominate the Offense led them to being a playoff team & was the best option to win

Reactions: MVP
Still not sure what you're getting at. Saying harden has no other all stars makes it seem like he was playing with bums but they complimented him perfectly

Saying that none of these dudes had allstar talents is a fact. Every team in the top 10 of offense rating of all time had at least 3 past present or future allstars.

James Harden isn't the first superstar to have the offense catered around him. Bron has been turning dudes in to spot shooters for a decade and he hasn't produced the offense the Rockets did last year.

Nobody wants to admit this. The consensus on Houston going into last season was VERY low. They barely made the playoffs the year before, people clowned the MDA signing...and losing Howard and having Eric Gordon and Ryan Anderson as your top FA pick-ups didn't exactly have everyone excited about Houston.
ZERO buzz for the rockets heading into the year.

He was essentially steve nash on steroids with how influential he was on that team.

Again, they were historically great offensively & he was the focal point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom