• No. 8

Votes: 29 49.2%
  • No. 24

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, right when Steph crosses halfcourt, you have to be worried. Basically lethal from anywhere on the floor inside of that line. You couldn't say that about Jordan. This obviously doesn't mean that he's a better player than Jordan, but simply stating a fact.

Elite defender.

The year it was said them numbers were elite tho

7D920F4E-453B-4476-A7B6-AB4A11B208B3.gif

Steve Kerr walked into the best situation imaginable, being mentioned with the greatest coaches for leading a team that I'm sure anyone of us could lead. He's saying what he's supposed to say.

Explain going from a 6 seed, 1st round exit in one year to a #1 seed a championship in the next with virtually the same team.

It wasn't the same team though.

Andrew Bogut was hurt in the playoffs, I think they had the corpse of Jermaine O'Neal starting.

Edit: David Lee getting Wally Pipp'd helped Kerr out as well.

Kerr quotes-

“He is the most impactful offensive player, in terms of what he does to the defense, maybe ever. There's guys, obviously Michael Jordan impacted things, but the way Steph plays puts the fear of God into defenses like no one I've ever seen. Nobody has been able to shoot off the dribble from 35 feet in a normal setting. But he does that, which changes the entire game. So everything we do revolves around Steph."

“You can talk about where he stands in terms of the best players in the league. He's obviously one of the best, by that standard he's the best. If you want to just say: ‘Who affects the game the most offensively?' Steph is the best player in the NBA. But there's different ways of measuring that stuff. From a two-way standpoint, if you like the two-way guys, maybe it's Kawhi Leonard or (Kevin Durant) or LeBron because they're bigger or stronger and can protect the rim."

fear of god into defenses
he's the best
affects the game the most

wont ever win a finals mvp tho

or until he doesn't??

thats a lot of hyperbole for a guy who wasn't the best player in the 3 finals he's played in
I mean, he just averaged 27/8/9/2 in this past finals, and KD played the best basketball of his life alongside him. That's not too shabby.

Might be tough for Curry FMVP with KD on the squad.
But I guess it always depends on how the series plays out too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom