• No. 8

Votes: 29 49.2%
  • No. 24

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's locked in til 2021 why would you trade a top 5 player.

IMG_0552.PNG

You're the Pelicans GM this summer, do you:

Max out Boogie, knowing he'll likely never be the same player and handcuffing the team.

or

Let Boogie go and trade AD to get what you can, but risk becoming the Magic for the foreseeable future.
B. Your team is going to be in salary cap hell, won't be able to make improvements and will be barely good enough to make the playoffs until AD inevitably walks in 2021. You trade Boston for Horford (who is up in 2020), Tatum OR Brown, and the LAL/SAC pick. Purposely tank next season, and you'll likely have 2 top 5 picks on top of whatever kind of player Brown/Tatum becomes as your core going forward.

B. Your team is going to be in salary cap hell, won't be able to make improvements and will be barely good enough to make the playoffs until AD inevitably walks in 2021. You trade Boston for Horford, Tatum OR Brown, and the LAL/SAC pick. Purposely tank next season, and you'll likely have 2 top 5 picks on top of whatever kind of player Brown/Tatum becomes as your core going forward.

Boston going to have to come up of both Tatum and Brown

Why? Boston has the upper hand. Davis is 100% going to walk.

Not with 2 or 3 years left on his deal they don't. If they don't I'm almost positive the Lakers will come up off of 2 of their 3 guys to do so.

Not with 2 or 3 years left on his deal they don't. If they don't I'm almost positive the Lakers will come up off of 2 of their 3 guys to do so.
You guys would have to match salary too. Would you trade Lonzo, Ingram as well as one of the vaunted free agents that you'll be signing this summer over to NOLA?

You're the Pelicans GM this summer, do you:

Max out Boogie, knowing he'll likely never be the same player and handcuffing the team.

or

Let Boogie go and trade AD to get what you can, but risk becoming the Magic for the foreseeable future.
Blow it up 10/10 times.

I don't think they can or will have to max Boogie this summer. Other than the Lakers nobody else really has room to offer him a max deal or close to it.

As far as AD, I think you have to play out next season at the very least (see how Boogie looks) and if things don't progress at all, trade him the following summer where he still has 2 years left on his current deal (ala Kyrie) and the market should still be robust.

The Tatum/Brown + pick package will still be there then. Just have to pray AD doesn't request a trade before next summer.

I don't know if I trade Ben man.

Boogie likely gets 20 mil a year, but I don't think much more.
Pelicans risk having Boogie feel insulted and leave for another team offering less than their max. Not exactly apples to apples, but I believe the Hawks offered Horford slightly less than the max, Horford left for the max that the Celtics could offer (but still less than what the Hawks offered).

Maybe the Lakers or Mavs are that team.

You guys would have to match salary too. Would you trade Lonzo, Ingram as well as one of the vaunted free agents that you'll be signing this summer over to NOLA?

I don't think you have to match salaries when you have cap space to absorb the difference in salary. They could do an Ingram/Kuz+ Randle in S&T + 2019 pick and have him in tow to entice Bron or PG13 even more before free agency even begins.

EDIT: Just double checked, if the receiving team is far enough under the cap they don't have to have equal salary.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom