• No. 8

Votes: 29 49.2%
  • No. 24

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh. Watching it again and it definitely was a push off but Wes was grabbing on to harden's arm so it's fair game

Reactions: HIM
im a huge fan of john wall (despite the Collector being “intellectually dishonest” about gravity last year) and what’s incredibly dumb is the amount of talk about how the wiz are better without him and an example of how fickle people are. Anyone who beleived they were better sans wall was lying to themselves. They lose one home game to the warriors and suddenly the narrative switches back to “wiz need john wall street for the playoffs”

Spurs gonna make the playoffs probably but damn, they're flying dangerously close to the sun

without kawhi they might as well be Icarus

This chick who lives in the next apartmet building looks just like her and is shaped like her shes just darker because she’s half black. She has a lame bf that she seems tired of . I may shoot my shot.
Shoot that Mf Like it’s Game 7 with 2 sec left

This chick who lives in the next apartmet building looks just like her and is shaped like her shes just darker because she’s half black. She has a lame bf that she seems tired of . I may shoot my shot.

empty the whole clip my guy and good luck

2 of Jamal’s 6th man awards shouldn’t be his. Especially the most recent one :lol:. Problem is the nba typecast the 6th man awards as only for “scoring guards off the bench”. There are a few bigs and other players that Have good in that role recently.

Jamal was good 6th man...but a Lil overrated as one. Terrible in the playoffs. Didn’t play in the playoffs until his 30s. Def a good player...but he shouldn’t be in THAT convo.

If there’s one thing I’ve learned over the past few years in this new mass media 24/7 barrage is that NBA NARRATIVES MATTER when it comes time to give awards.

Some dudes get pushed based on reputation and advertising. Effort, improvement and numbers aren’t always the qualifications

I didn’t stay up for the game. Can someone tell me how much mean-mugging and trash talk Westbrook threw after beating Dallas by one in OT?

:pimp: Mamba mentality
:pimp: Put them on his back

Shooting splits are for losers

Don’t think there’s an “anyone but harden” narrative this late into this season. The mvp is his. Stop hedging rockets fans.

Last edited:
Reactions: HIM
Question for the thread non basketball related but how much do you guys value work/life balance?

Sometimes I really wonder what I'm doing with my life. I've worked 45 hours this week already and it's Wednesday, but if I left at a "reasonable" hour what would I really be doing on a Wednesday most nights besides watching basketball.

This is a great question. For me, I’ve learned to base my work-life balance on purpose. In a Roundtable Meeting one day, I heard an executive refer to something similar as having a “work-life blend”. In 2014 I was putting up 100 hour weeks regularly while dating a girl that lived in another city and traveling for on a schedule of 3 weeks away (stayed through weekends too)-3 weeks home. **** was exhausting AF but I have career goals and at that time, they were what was most important to me. Fortunately all my work paid dividends that year and even now, it’s still one of the highlights on my resume and in interviews. So work was my purpose and I made those hours count.

On the flip side, fast forward to 2017. In Q1, I had a few amazing opportunities that would have been invaluable for my career but they didn’t materialize. In June, I got put on a super ****** project that did nothing to help my advancement. First time ever in my career I felt my work was unrewarding and my boss wasn’t doing anything about it nor did he have any future plans to. As a result, I have never taken so much time off in my life. Spent a ton of time with family and friends, picked up some new hobbies, etc. I was basically looking for any reason not to be wasting my time in the office so I leaned heavily towards life last year.

Basically what I tell my mentees is that if you are going to go Beast Mode then make sure you know why you’re doing it. Whether it’s more money for a house/ring/vacation/general financial security, a promotion, a program you want to get into, etc just now why you’re grinding otherwise you’ll begin to resent your job and co-workers. In the same vein, remember that there are A LOT of bad managers out there particularly on the front lines that just want to check procedural boxes so it’s important to remember that no one will care about your career or goals more than you. They (first lines in particularly) are there to look out for themselves so you have to look out for yourself and not end up getting played like the dude in the meme below.

65B672E7-9073-4FE8-B461-3BD4EA85F1BE.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom