• No. 8

Votes: 29 49.2%
  • No. 24

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Grizzlies didn't win a single game in February.

IMG_0046.PNG

This is a great question. For me, I’ve learned to base my work-life balance on purpose. In a Roundtable Meeting one day, I heard an executive refer to something similar as having a “work-life blend”. In 2014 I was putting up 100 hour weeks regularly while dating a girl that lived in another city and traveling for on a schedule of 3 weeks away (stayed through weekends too)-3 weeks home. **** was exhausting AF but I have career goals and at that time, they were what was most important to me. Fortunately all my work paid dividends that year and even now, it’s still one of the highlights on my resume and in interviews. So work was my purpose and I made those hours count.

On the flip side, fast forward to 2017. In Q1, I had a few amazing opportunities that would have been invaluable for my career but they didn’t materialize. In June, I got put on a super ****ty project that did nothing to help my advancement. First time ever in my career I felt my work was unrewarding and my boss wasn’t doing anything about it nor did he have any future plans to. As a result, I have never taken so much time off in my life. Spent a ton of time with family and friends, picked up some new hobbies, etc. I was basically looking for any reason not to be wasting my time in the office so I leaned heavily towards life last year.

Basically what I tell my mentees is that if you are going to go Beast Mode then make sure you know why you’re doing it. Whether it’s more money for a house/ring/vacation/general financial security, a promotion, a program you want to get into, etc just now why you’re grinding otherwise you’ll begin to resent your job and co-workers. In the same vein, remember that there are A LOT of bad managers out there particularly on the front lines that just want to check procedural boxes so it’s important to remember that no one will care about your career or goals more than you. They (first lines in particularly) are there to look out for themselves so you have to look out for yourself and not end up getting played like the dude in the meme below.

65B672E7-9073-4FE8-B461-3BD4EA85F1BE.jpeg

Meme is definitely on point.....

Haven’t looked at whether he pushed off, but hardens been doing that move all year. The hell he talking bout been in his bag all year?

This is a great question. For me, I’ve learned to base my work-life balance on purpose. In a Roundtable Meeting one day, I heard an executive refer to something similar as having a “work-life blend”. In 2014 I was putting up 100 hour weeks regularly while dating a girl that lived in another city and traveling for on a schedule of 3 weeks away (stayed through weekends too)-3 weeks home. **** was exhausting AF but I have career goals and at that time, they were what was most important to me. Fortunately all my work paid dividends that year and even now, it’s still one of the highlights on my resume and in interviews. So work was my purpose and I made those hours count.

On the flip side, fast forward to 2017. In Q1, I had a few amazing opportunities that would have been invaluable for my career but they didn’t materialize. In June, I got put on a super ****ty project that did nothing to help my advancement. First time ever in my career I felt my work was unrewarding and my boss wasn’t doing anything about it nor did he have any future plans to. As a result, I have never taken so much time off in my life. Spent a ton of time with family and friends, picked up some new hobbies, etc. I was basically looking for any reason not to be wasting my time in the office so I leaned heavily towards life last year.

Basically what I tell my mentees is that if you are going to go Beast Mode then make sure you know why you’re doing it. Whether it’s more money for a house/ring/vacation/general financial security, a promotion, a program you want to get into, etc just now why you’re grinding otherwise you’ll begin to resent your job and co-workers. In the same vein, remember that there are A LOT of bad managers out there particularly on the front lines that just want to check procedural boxes so it’s important to remember that no one will care about your career or goals more than you. They (first lines in particularly) are there to look out for themselves so you have to look out for yourself and not end up getting played like the dude in the meme below.

65B672E7-9073-4FE8-B461-3BD4EA85F1BE.jpeg
My goals right now are 100% compensation related and I felt rewarded this year when I got my bonus. For me it has to be this way because if I decide to do something else the odds of me taking a pay cut are higher than me getting a pay increase.

That harden play was a travel. How your step back have a step back and it not get called . Got em bad but still a travel. Harden that good he gets the benefit of the doubt on calls .....
Mvp two years in a row for harden.

My goals right now are 100% compensation related and I felt rewarded this year when I got my bonus. For me it has to be this way because if I decide to do something else the odds of me taking a pay cut are higher than me getting a pay increase.

In that case, I would focus on stashing it for any big things you may want now (or student loans if you have them) because even though I’m sure you’ll still be making good money, I’ve heard of folks say it was a hit in the feels when their new direct deposit hit for the first time :lol:

AD has been getting a push for MVP lately in the media. It seems like people are just trying to be contrarian with that. Harden is the MVP.

Exactly what I was going to point to. There is definitely a group searching for anyone but Harden out there. Similar to last year or his previous All-NBA snubs, there's a media group that just doesn't like him for some reason.

Exactly what I was going to point to. There is definitely a group searching for anyone but Harden out there. Similar to last year or his previous All-NBA snubs, there's a media group that just doesn't like him for some reason.

Because his home away from the court is the strip club, he has a Mohawk with a massive beard and throws up gang signs. Russ is a flat out ******* to media and even he got love last year :lol:

At this rate, the bucks might just barely make the playoffs.

Indiana, Philly, Indiana.....Next 3 games .

Because his home away from the court is the strip club, he has a Mohawk with a massive beard and throws up gang signs. Russ is a flat out ******* to media and even he got love last year :lol:

I think it's an "old-school" vs "new-school" thing. Russ is beloved by certain old school types because he makes mean faces and looks like he's playing really hard even though he doesn't try on defense and is inefficient and loses his head at the end of games. Harden is disliked because he exploits foul rules and efficiency analytics, and his demeanor makes it seem like he's coasting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom