• No. 8

Votes: 29 49.2%
  • No. 24

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Frank could be DPOY? It's too early to close the book on Frank but it's weird the Knicks bought in Mudiay and Trey + are still playing Jack in a lost season. Shouldn't these minutes be going to Frank for development?
Hornacek has done a lot of dumb things to try and win and keep his job. I don't think that's a reflection of Frank necessarily. Who don't get me wrong is a major project still.

Personally I think he is more likely to be a 3 and D SG longterm than a point. But we shall see.

Frank could be DPOY? It's too early to close the book on Frank but it's weird the Knicks bought in Mudiay and Trey + are still playing Jack in a lost season. Shouldn't these minutes be going to Frank for development?

The last PG to win DPOY was GP right? 20 something years ago. Keep think PG defense is some vital cog.

Steph is a negative defender this season but again that doesn’t matter

Jack hasn't played a minute since the ASB.

Burke was a GLeague call up that's played well & earned minutes. We took a chance on Mudiay for basically free, which I'm not mad at at all. He's shown some flashes of being a rotation player.

We've been playing Frank off ball & he seems more comfortable there. When he's on the ball he's too focused on making plays for others rather than taking the open jumper or driving to the rim. Lately he's been cutting & spotting up with a lot more confidence & efficency.

Edit: Don't know about DPOY but he could definitely make some all-defense teams.

Hornacek has done a lot of dumb things to try and win and keep his job. I don't think that's a reflection of Frank necessarily. Who don't get me wrong is a major project still.

Personally I think he is more likely to be a 3 and D SG longterm than a point. But we shall see.
george hill type player? similar measurements right? or maybe a guard version of Batum lol

Yeah you’ve never seen DSJ play. The playmaking is there. The scoring ability is there. His shot selection isn’t great right now but all rookies struggle. I doubt you’ve watched 3 Mavs games. Dude is 6-2, not sure why you keep throwing out undersized. But you hate all guards.

I don't hate all guards. I don't think small scoring guards contribute to winning with very few exceptions, and I think people here get gassed off the latest small scoring guard literally every season.

I'm not sure I believe DSJ is 6'2 either. Same way Iverson wasn't 6.

You keep talking about Frank. But I'm talking about DSJ.

Frank is an ultra raw athlete who is the 2nd youngest player in the league at 19. He might turn out to something good, he might not. But at least he has a potential ceiling and is already a plus defender. Hell he could be Andre Roberson and that would at least be a positive.

DSJ can't do anything outside of score at volume and he can't do that efficiently. He's never going to be a good defender. He's never going to grow. Nobody needs little men who can't do anything but chuck the ball. Somewhere between a rich man's Jarryd Bayless and a poor man's Steve Francis.

How do you know already what DSJ is but leave the door open for what Nitty can / can't be?

How do you know already what DSJ is but leave the door open for what Nitty can / can't be?

Easy answer for me.

1. Frank has elite size for an NBA guard, which is the reason for his draft position. DSJ has serious size limitations.

2. Frank is an ultra raw project and DSJ is much further developed at this point in their careers. I think it's much easier to project what Smith's future career looks like at this point.

And like I said, I am by no means saying that Frank is going to succeed as a prospect. We saw what happened with Mudiay.

After seeing the development Of Lonzo & BI i have never been more anxious going into an offseason, i understand the Lakers are used to making the playoffs but i see those two as future AS players & don't need Magic messing up our Future to get bumped in the second round for a few years

After seeing the development Of Lonzo & BI i have never been more anxious going into an offseason, i understand the Lakers are used to making the playoffs but i see those two as future AS players & don't need Magic messing up our Future to get bumped in the second round for a few years

U can rest easy. Lonzo and BI make pennies and aren't going anywhere.

Ringer Mock Draft 3.0

1. Kings- Doncic
2. Magic- Ayton
3. Grizz- Michael Porter
4. Suns- jaren jackson
5. . mavs- Mo Bamba
6. Hawks - Trae Young
7. Bulls- Bagley III
8. Cavs: Mikal Bridges
9. Knicks: Miles Bridges
10. Sixers: Shai Gilgeious Alexander

https://www.theringer.com/2018/3/2/17069092/2018-nba-draft-mock-march

This mock draft is weighing the picks way too heavily on fit rather than talent. I think most GMs have the mind set of drafting the best player available.

I don't hate all guards. I don't think small scoring guards contribute to winning with very few exceptions, and I think people here get gassed off the latest small scoring guard literally every season.

I'm not sure I believe DSJ is 6'2 either. Same way Iverson wasn't 6.

DSJ is relatively "small", but he can jump out the gym in a way AI couldn't. You'd be better off saying your concerned he'll get injured again because he has a similar playing style to someone like DRose or LaVine. I don't think his height will have an impact on his future but his knee history might.

He's already torn his ACL once, I know tearing your ACL isn't a death sentence anymore but if he does it again it would really suck. It's always a possibility given how high and with how much force/impact he jumps.

I'm an Oregon homer and I don't think Brown should drafted that high

has flashes but disappears alot

Knox, Sexton or Robert WIlliams should be higher

I'm with you on Sexton, I'm a fan. Robert Williams too. I'm a big pac 12 guy though and Brown's versatility is intriguing to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom