Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
523A5935-69FF-4068-B5D5-A23814F33F61.png

Hope he’s a man of his word

Pretty much, and yeah time will tell.

Every Good to elite PG has breakdown wiggle and can fry bigs on switches. Kemba, CP, Dame, Steph, Kyrie, Lowry, Healthy IT, Harden, Russ. He hasn't shown the ability to do this, in fact his play this season has reinforced what he's good and not good at. And this was his biggest weakness out of college. That's not a goalpost move, that was true then and still is now. He's taking 51% of his shots from 3 and 12% at the line. That's a red flag in that regard because in all likelihood, he's not going to be steph curry shooting 3's to justify that ratio. But he is a rookie.

Ultimately, his floor was too high to not be effective. It was always about whether he could be an all star level guard in the league and indeed, time will tell on that.
Yes it was a goal post move because nobody was discussing the way in which he scores or scoring at all

He's now converting 3's which many of you said he wouldn't do

Of course time will tell if he keeps a league average percentage but yeah, the goal posts are moving from 3 point shooting to scoring

Pretty much, and yeah time will tell.

Every Good to elite PG has breakdown wiggle and can fry bigs on switches. Kemba, CP, Dame, Steph, Kyrie, Lowry, Healthy IT, Harden, Russ. He hasn't shown the ability to do this, in fact his play this season has reinforced what he's good and not good at. And this was his biggest weakness out of college. That's not a goalpost move, that was true then and still is now. He's taking 51% of his shots from 3 and 12% at the line. That's a red flag in that regard because in all likelihood, he's not going to be steph curry shooting 3's to justify that ratio. But he is a rookie.

Ultimately, his floor was too high to not be effective. It was always about whether he could be an all star level guard in the league and indeed, time will tell on that.
Really all it is.

Yes it was a goal post move because nobody was discussing the way in which he scores or scoring at all

He's now converting 3's which many of you said he wouldn't do

Of course time will tell if he keeps a league average percentage but yeah, the goal posts are moving from 3 point shooting to scoring

Nobody was discussing the way he scores? or scores at all? Really?

Now that's a goalpost move if I've ever seen one because that was definitely the case :lol:

July, summer league. Low free throw rate, go right, creativity off the bounce aka wiggle, what's being said right now was said in July.

If you allow last night to be your judge on Lonzo then yeah for sure Hot Take.

But his red flags last night were the same red flags at UCLA, and at Chino Hills.

A hot take would be that Lonzo 2/15 = can't shoot.

What's not a hot take is inability to get to the FTL, Dribble, Go right, do anything creative off the bounce, these things aren't hot takes but rather real issues that he'll have to at least somewhat correct in the league.

If you were pro Lonzo or on the fence about Lonzo, last night shouldn't have changed that at all. He'll play better. The competition isn't so bad that he won't, but those issues will still be there opening night in all likelihood and they were there last night.

https://niketalk.com/threads/offici...edia-days-begin.663423/page-627#post-28420401

The way ball will become an all star will not be because of his p n r play, his ability to penetrate or his scoring

Nobody ever said those were his strengths. While it's fair to point out that the current elite crop of point guards excel at these areas in my opinion those areas don't gauge his true potential

Comparing him to other young point guards and college guards, I'm still pretty confident that balls other strengths give him a solid opportunity to become an all star

I don't worry about the current crop of all star guards because those won't be his comp as he reaches his mid to late 20's

Reactions: MVP
And it's not like I was talking to myself in regards to this. On this page @jsindaa B Sox B Sox and others were talking about his ability to score, not shoot. There were people in the offseason thread, summer league thread, in this thread early on, who had those criticisms about his ability to score. Not much goalpost moving tbh Vincent Van Goat Vincent Van Goat

The big issue is, there aren't any traditional PGs in the league anymore.

Even CP and Wall are at 20 a game and almost every high level PG in the NBA shoots the 3 at 37% or higher.

Can you win in today's NBA with your PG not being able to score for himself
?

Kyrie, CP, Steph, Lowry, Wall, Westbrook, Harden, Zeke, all high level efficient 3 level scorers as point guards. Almost every 50 win team in the league this year (with the exception of a couple )had a PG that was a high level scorer. George Hill even was at 18 a game.

I mean Mike Conley averaged 21 a game as a PG.

To be really good in the NBA your point will have to be an elite level scorer.

https://niketalk.com/threads/offici...edia-days-begin.663423/page-643#post-28422836

And it's not like I was talking to myself in regards to this. On this page @jsindaa B Sox B Sox and others were talking about his ability to score, not shoot. There were people in the offseason thread, summer league thread, in this thread early on, who had those criticisms about his ability to score. Not much goalpost moving tbh Vincent Van Goat Vincent Van Goat

https://niketalk.com/threads/offici...edia-days-begin.663423/page-643#post-28422836
Again just look at my previous post

Again just look at my previous post

Two different things, Ironically enough, this is a goalpost move.

You're explaining why he'll be an all star which is cool, but you just said that the discussion was never about his ability to score, and now it isn't true it was a point of contention w/zo on here off the rip.

Two different things, Ironically enough, this is a goalpost move.

You're explaining why he'll be an all star which is cool, but you just said that the discussion was never about his ability to score, and now it isn't true it was a point of contention w/zo on here off the rip.
The goal posts were moving because nobody ever debated you or anyone that Lonzo would become an elite scorer

Pointing out his scoring deficiencies isn't anything particularly special or hard to do

Only thing heavily debated was his ability to shoot or his inability. Scoring has now conviniently been brought to the forefront that he's converting 3's that folks said he would not be making

How it is now"conveniently" been brought to the forefront when It was one of his biggest weaknesses coming into the NBA? It's literally been #OnHere since the summer?

Y'all were calling this man a backup and questioning if he could ever be a starter and now it's can he score 30 points a game?

Y'all were calling this man Ricky Rubio and Rajon Rondo part 2 twenty games into the season and now it's, "well he can't he an all-star cuz he can only shoot 3s."

Y'all funny.

Reactions: MVP
Y'all were calling this man a backup and questioning if he could ever be a starter and now it's can he score 30 points a game? Y'all funny.

Let's exaggerate to make a point. You better than this. CP is an elite level scorer and he's not close to 30ppg and has never been. The point has never been about zo being able to average 30 a game. He was always a high floor guy w/i

Look, all I'm saying is that goalpost aren't being moved, the receipts y'all like to pull up are there. Question marks about his ability to score and be an all star level pg have been there since predraft, and those question marks haven't been erased just because he's caught fire from 3 right now.

How it is now"conveniently" been brought to the forefront when It was one of his biggest weaknesses coming into the NBA? It's literally been #OnHere since the summer?
Basically there's a list of defincies that he is supposed to have

When one of them seems to be getting improved (his three point shot) folks like you come in and say "oh well look he still isn't creating for himself or getting shots outside of 3's and he still can't score in other ways"

Yes that is a convinient way and time to bring that up especially when his scoring was never debated to begin with. Like I said, nobody ever told you or anyone that he's going to be some elite dribble drive scorer

So while it's fair to bring up that deficiency, it's not exactly earth shattering analysis. Yes we've known this since his college days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom