Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
i can insert.
Sebastian Telfair and Eric Bledsoe
Kwame Brown and Anthony Davis

You cant tell me that Anthony Davis gaining 15 more pounds in the one year in UK Wasnt beneficial to him. Although its unfair for the players it makes the jobs of NBA teams easier. Sure they could be learning more from playing in the NBA right away but that little seasoning still helps no matter how small you quantify it.

You're proving my point for me :lol:

Just like you can insert Sebastian/Bledsoe and Kwame/AD...I can counter with Lebron/Tyrus Thomas...Dwight Howard/Derrick Favors. We can do this all night long.

Newsflash...

The draft is a crap shoot by nature. A team's job is to scout talent and make decisions based on how THEY view prospects. Nobody holds a gun to a GM's head and forces them to draft 18 year olds. They are a risk just like every other prospect is.

I would bet he still improved physicallly. He was getting more and more athletic over the years.

Right. So much "improvement" physically that he couldn't lift 185 lbs a SINGLE time at the draft combine.

Its a year more of Physical development.
The weight training and being more ready for the physicality and the grind of an 82 game season its an extra year for your body to grow. Its bad on the perspective of the player but good for the NBA.

So wouldn’t it just be better to get the prospects that show the most promise directly into the NBA “system” of training and everything else?

You're proving my point for me :lol:

Just like you can insert Sebastian/Bledsoe and Kwame/AD...I can counter with Lebron/Tyrus Thomas...Dwight Howard/Derrick Favors. We can do this all night long.

Newsflash...

The draft is a crap shoot by nature. A team's job is to scout talent and make decisions based on how THEY view prospects. Nobody holds a gun to a GM's head and forces them to draft 18 year olds. They are a risk just like every other prospect is.

Right. So much "improvement" physically that he couldn't lift 185 lbs a SINGLE time at the draft combine.

So wouldn’t it just be better to get the prospects that show the most promise directly into the NBA “system” of training and everything else?
Breh ive been saying the NBA is a better training ground for these prospects but my point is its unfair to these coaches and programs to say that the durng time these players spent there didnt make them a better player.
Also its easier for GMs to scout players playing in the NCAA compared to HS.

Still don’t understand the real reason why the length of court, 3pt line, shot clock etc. isn’t standard between NBA and college.

I mean, most of the dimensions are the same or pretty close. And 99% of the NCAA isn't going to the NBA or are capable of playing the style of ball the NBA has effectively.

The NBA dimensions have been developed to cater to the best talent in the world and the style of play that comes along with elite talent. If high schoolers played on an NBA court it would be a nightmare. Makes sense to meet somewhere in the middle for college.

Also the NCAA needs to follow Fiba rules.
Who’s idea was it to make the game two halves no quarters.

Part of me doesn't want college ball to ever go away because I know the alternative will never replace the entertainment value college has provided in history or what it could still bring. I'd prefer the NCAA just figures out the obvious issues it has at the moment. Currently the narratives surrounding the NCAA has a lot of people wanting to see them fail or say it's trash just because.

I do think in recent memory the quality has gone down across the board though, and I think it's ever since they broke up and realigned the conferences for stupid financial reasons with football. If you didn't think college was entertaining when the Big East was stacked, you crazy. Every year I was mad hyped for the conference tourney's before march madness. Regardless of the one and done rule it was lit. Couldn't have cared less in recent memory.

Last edited:
if you think about it, what makes quarters so special though. Does it really matter either way.
resetting fouls and timeouts. NIT has actually adapted this rule change from halves to quarters. also extended the 3 point line a bit further.

ncaa likes the tv timeouts though. money revenue from commercials lol

I feel like those things could be tweaked appropriately however you want to though. Maybe not idk.

I prefer quarters btw. Im just thinking you could make it work either way and both could work fine.

There is a flow that comes with halves I vibe with. I'll just look at is why not have both and get the best of both worlds. I prefer quarters and I prefer the NBA so it's a huge whatever when watching my second source of basketball.

1 game elimination is doo doo. I've always hated that style of play.

an upset is coming back 3-1

a 16 beating a 1...while it blows...on any given night anybody beat anybody once, given the right conditions.

What are you guys always complaining about :lol:

Do you dudes really watch the NCAA Tournament and see these crazy upsets and buzzer beaters and be like “**** this boring trash on my tv”
Its moreso the level of skill. Watching teams shoot 30% all night isnt that entertaining. I literally start watching madness of march when it hits the sweet 16 and the better teams are playing

bruh...fam....my guys....this ***** going to prison.

on the screengrab alone he guilty af. ***** look like he just popped a coronary but he aint fumbling that drumstick.

'he did that ****'

Last edited:
1 game elimination is doo doo. I've always hated that style of play.

an upset is coming back 3-1

a 16 beating a 1...while it blows...on any given night anybody beat anybody once, given the right conditions.

That was the first time a 16 seed beat a 1...and it was ******* awesome. Why isn’t it great to watch that big of an underdog upset somebody like that? It being a 1 game elimination makes it even more exciting. Both teams know it going into the game. Show up ready to play or get your *** sent home no matter what your regular season record was.

Its moreso the level of skill. Watching teams shoot 30% all night isnt that entertaining. I literally start watching madness of march when it hits the sweet 16 and the better teams are playing

I’ve seen plenty of NBA teams shoot 30% before. It just makes no sense to me how anybody could possibly not enjoy watching these lower seeds go for the upsets against the cocky top seeds in the tournament.

And for the record, if college basketball sucks then high school basketball is on another level of garbage viewing wise. Should we cancel that too and just have AAU ball because those games are more fun to watch?

1 game elimination isn't my thing either, rather the best team over the "any given Sunday" one

Probably why I can't get into football/ prefer Basketball and Boxing

What are you guys always complaining about :lol:

Do you dudes really watch the NCAA Tournament and see these crazy upsets and buzzer beaters and be like “**** this boring trash on my tv”

Sometimes genuinely yeah, the style of play is just so sloppy and poor. Not to mention the sets they run. That one where one guy just stands at the top of the 3 and players just run up and hand the ball off while they let the clock run down... why?

Cause these coaches don't trust these kids :lol:

It's contradictory. They go to school to develop further but they run sets and play defenses that don't go past college ball.

You got kids who spend 4 years there and never add anything to their game.

But I still find myself tuning in so I'm a hypocrite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom