• No. 8

Votes: 29 49.2%
  • No. 24

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
For any of you that think that college basketball is such a terrible product and that the solution would be to put the best 18 year olds in the G-League instead.....have any of you actually watched G-League games before? They’re about as unwatchable as it gets and everybody is just playing for their stats.
It's not about "a solution" it's about what's logical and what's most fair

Most logical: let preps enter the pros directly to have access to pro training, pro practices, pro coaching, pro experience, pro film study and the option to play in G League under close supervision when not playing on the Varsity squad

Most fair: let preps enter the pros directly because we see it in other sports here in the states and other successful organizations in Europe (futbol and basketball)

College ball can still exist just fine, no need to abolish that, although the NCAA should be abolished

What I’m saying is it’s almost like an agreement between GMs “if you don’t take high schoolers I won’t and then we’ll both have more information to make decisions”, and I understand it hurts those ha players but I’m fine with that in this case because it means talent is better overall.
The talent is better overall? By what metric are we using to make this claim?

What I’m saying is it’s almost like an agreement between GMs “if you don’t take high schoolers I won’t and then we’ll both have more information to make decisions”, and I understand it hurts those ha players but I’m fine with that in this case because it means talent is better overall.

They follow these kids since they're teens. You're severely overvaluing the "information to make decisions" component. People have all the information in the world and Donovan Mitchell goes late lottery.

They follow these kids since they're teens. You're severely overvaluing the "information to make decisions" component. People have all the information in the world and Donovan Mitchell goes late lottery.

You’re saying there’s no significant information gap in the year from 17 versus 18? I disagree, I think that year can provide huge info. I never said GMs don’t make mistakes.

E04FCA0C-A498-4621-9D98-FAF045935311.jpeg

Just another morning at the office my guys. Happy Sunday, we out here!!!!

Da ESPN stat is for team's leading scorer

But it's good to see Mitchell flourishing, I wonder if I had any takes on him back when the season first started? HIM HIM

These were after the season started and most of us had seen how good Mitchell was gonna be. Let's see your hot take from befote the draft.

Is Donovan Mitchell gonna be a stout defender? Undersized no doubt. Could be somewhat of an Avery Bradley on that side of the ball

Is Mitchell gonna be a stout defender?

Could be

Somewhat

:lol:

Would you guys rather watch Duke vs Kentucky on ESPN in a matchup of all the top lottery prospects with Coach K and Calipari coaching them or the Sioux Falls Sky Force vs the Erie BayHawks on NBATV featuring a couple prospects mixed in with the Harrison twins of the world who didn’t quite pan out how they were supposed to in college and are just trying to make their way into or back to the league by stat padding every game?

These were after the season started and most of us had seen how good Mitchell was gonna be. Let's see your hot take from befote the draft.

Is Mitchell gonna be a stout defender?

Could be

Somewhat

:lol:
What's hot takeish about that?

When did you start saying this about Mitchell? Who by the way started the season off terribly

Glad you responded to this btw, still waiting for your response on me saying Randle had All-Star potential in 2015

All this to say, I have takes, hot, cold, Luke warm, whatever. Folks who I've debated know

Would you guys rather watch Duke vs Kentucky on ESPN in a matchup of all the top lottery prospects with Coach K and Calipari coaching them or the Sioux Falls Sky Force vs the Erie BayHawks on NBATV featuring a couple prospects mixed in with the Harrison twins of the world who didn’t quite pan out how they were supposed to in college and are just trying to make their way into or back to the league by stat padding every game?
I'd rather see whomever was good enough to get drafted at worst case on an NBA bench available to check into a game

Watching top prospects for a handful of games over a 6 month span is cool, don't get me wrong, it's just a wasted calendar year that could have been used in a pro setting all while these kids can rightfully earn their money

I think the argument here isn't what we like, it's what's good for the "student" athletes and the future of the NBA.
But to answer your question directly I'd rather watch a kevin Hart movie than a random G-League game :lol:

I'd rather watch all the top prospects playing in an NBA or G-League game and getting paid for the work they're putting in.

Randle and All Star in the same sentence

Who would have thunk HIM HIM

Yo these are perfect examples of what I was saying :rofl:

Inbelieve Randle *can* have all star *potential*

*But* his cieling scares me

Who can argue with this?

Randle becomes an all star -you called it

Randle is never an all star - He had potential but his cieling always scared you

Vincent Van Goat Vincent Van Goat

Last edited:
I mentioned Mitchell’s summer league performance in here and I was definitely told not to overreact

My comment was that you always hedge tho. So nobody can ever say you were wrong because you give yourself an out :lol:

Also, you didn't embed those pics on your other post. I can't see what the hell you posted. :lol:
Saying top 5 in class is hedging? Bro, he started the season off terribly lol and I still had faith in him when November hit as evidenced by the post dates

Also lol damb well I'll try to get those Randle posts to you but basically said Randle had All Star potential in 2015/2016, if that's hedging then idk

You’re saying there’s no significant information gap in the year from 17 versus 18? I disagree, I think that year can provide huge info. I never said GMs don’t make mistakes.
That's not what I said at all lol.

Yo these are perfect examples of what I was saying :rofl:

Inbelieve Randle *can* have all star *potential*

*But* his cieling scares me

Who can argue with this?

Randle becomes an all star -you called it

Randle is never an all star - He had potential but his cieling always scared you

Vincent Van Goat Vincent Van Goat
No, you could still call me out saying what were you thinking saying Randle had all star potential if he never becomes an All star

In saying his ceiling scares me, he is an obvious blue collar guy who will ALWAYS need to have his motor on high to produce. His skill set has never been too refined so in order to reach that level he'll have to maintain a consistent level of high level focus

That's why reaching his ceiling would be a bit cloudy, unsure if he has what it takes to always play with 100% effort

At the peak of his ceiling, he'd be an elite version of Faried. Not exactly a franchise player but perhaps an All Star, sure

The college basketball scene in Oklahoma doesn’t compare to the one in NC I can assure you that.
I'm not comparing it:rofl:
Just clearing up there are plenty of places where Basketball is cared for, that has no bearing.

You should have said NC is the College Mecca so we like watching it more than most, not "those who find it unwatchable live in places where its not cared for"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom