• No. 8

Votes: 29 49.2%
  • No. 24

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely not in one off season but he's displayed exceptional strengths outside of scoring enough to keep me encouraged about my original expectations

It's def not hate to point out his weaknesses that have been well documented

I still think there were some hate-ish takes on him i.e. Monk should definitely been taken before or the Grevis/mcw comps

Other than that I know he plays tons of minutes but I'm not more impressed by someone like fox at this juncture, whether we're talking this season or projecting to the future

I don’t know you can gain sauce in one off season. And he’s stiff.

That’s fair. Its probably more reasonable to assume he’ll improve on a single deficency each offseason ie off the bounce 3s, in-between game, layup package that he could have it all together by like Year 4.

I don’t know you can gain sauce in one off season. And he’s stiff.

You got to it before me but yeah, exactly. I don't remember if it was this thread, summer league or the draft thread but I remember saying that these things are insanely difficult to add at this level. You don't just get to the professional level and become a completely different player... Especially if you haven't shown that you have some of these things in your bag already. He's just not a natural scorer. Never has been. So that severely limits his potential in my eyes. The only way that I see that changing is if he adds an in between game. But I'm not gonna hold my breath waiting on a super tight handle, creativity off the bounce, etc. That's the sort of skill we would already be seeing

Can't expect him to become a scoring point guard, only thing you can hope for is that he improves his dribble drive, pnr, floater game to a certain level, tough to say how much you can expect

The most realistic hope is becoming a proficient set shot theee point shooter and overall league average 3 point shooter

This would open up his offense if defenders had to play his jumper. It would make up for his lack of creativity off the dribble to where he's getting defenders to be out of position allowing him that moment to get by

If he wasn't 6'6 I wouldn't be so optimistic on him, I think that's one of his saving graces

Can't expect him to become a scoring point guard, only thing you can hope for is that he improves his dribble drive, pnr, floater game to a certain level, tough to say how much you can expect

The most realistic hope is becoming a proficient set shot theee point shooter and overall league average 3 point shooter

This would open up his offense if defenders had to play his jumper. It would make up for his lack of creativity off the dribble to where he's getting defenders to be out of position allowing him that moment to get by

If he wasn't 6'6 I wouldn't be so optimistic on him, I think that's one of his saving graces

If he improves in those aspects, do you consider him as having franchise player potential? Or even Allstar potential?

If he improves in those aspects, do you consider him as having franchise player potential? Or even Allstar potential?
Been stating all of his weaknesses since his frosh year and agree with the majority of his critiques with that said i have always said he has all star potential

Franchise potential? No. I don't know if any of the point guards from the class have that but to me smith, fox and ball all have all star potential

98C5D544-DCE8-4DD9-9299-28D06A9C0C6B.jpeg

We said this... At the beginning of the year and it was hate. It's the exact reason the DLo trade was stupid. It is also the reason the same people aren't anywhere near as high on him as some of y'all.
Stop making so much sense!!

I still think there were some hate-ish takes on him i.e. Monk should definitely been taken before or the Grevis/mcw comps
Greivis averaged 14 pts/4 boards/9 assists on 43/34/81 splits when healthy and given starter minutes. Lonzo has definitely shown to be a better defender, but unless he miraculously develops an in-between game when he’s never shown a semblance of one, or hits 6 3s a game, is he really going to be significantly better?

I enjoy watching Lonzo play, because I do think his passing is infectious, but I just don’t think his ceiling as an individual talent is all that high.

Greivis averaged 14 pts/4 boards/9 assists on 43/34/81 splits when healthy and given starter minutes. Lonzo has definitely shown to be a better defender, but unless he miraculously develops an in-between game when he’s never shown a semblance of one, or hits 6 3s a game, is he really going to be significantly better?

I enjoy watching Lonzo play, because I do think his passing is infectious, but I just don’t think his ceiling as an individual talent is all that high.
How old was grevis when this happened and how many years was he in the league at that point?

Considering grevis flamed out of the league and could hardly hold a starting spot, to me ball can be significantly better. I've already said I believe he can be an all star some day

I don't think he will need to hit 6 3's a game to be significantly better than grevis, that's a stretch

Become a league average 3 point shooter, see his point production increase and watch his offense open up (driving ops). He's horrible at finishing at the rim today but I expected that his rookie year. In 3 years or so when he's the older dude and with seasoning I see that improving. Again like I said this is where his 6'6 ness saves him

Lonzo is a stiff but he's also got some bounce, bounce grevis didn't have. I believe that is a factor as well

How old was grevis when this happened and how many years was he in the league at that point?

Considering grevis flamed out of the league and could hardly hold a starting spot, to me ball can be significantly better. I've already said I believe he can be an all star some day

I don't think he will need to hit 6 3's a game to be significantly better than grevis, that's a stretch

Become a league average 3 point shooter, see his point production increase and watch his offense open up (driving ops). He's horrible at finishing at the rim today but I expected that his rookie year. In 3 years or so when he's the older dude and with seasoning I see that improving. Again like I said this is where his 6'6 ness saves him

Lonzo is a stiff but he's also got some bounce, bounce grevis didn't have. I believe that is a factor as well
Greivis is out of the league because of injuries. Not because of skill level.

The thing is, Greivis could score off the dribble at Montrose in HS. He could score off the dribble the second he stepped on the court at Maryland. Yes, he's obviously older than Lonzo doing that in the league, but he had a skill that Lonzo has never had. I guess my point is, and like others have said, I think it's extremely hard to just all of the sudden develop an in-between game. He legitimately has zero touch when he's inside the paint.

Can he get better at it? Sure. He's a highly intelligent kid and seems to have a good work ethic.

What if he doesn't get significantly better at it though? How is his point production going to greatly improve?

as amusing as I found the Greivis Vásquez experience....Cmon man. :lol:

Greivis might be the slowest dude to ever play PG in the NBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom