• No. 8

Votes: 29 49.2%
  • No. 24

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Greivis is out of the league because of injuries. Not because of skill level.

The thing is, Greivis could score off the dribble at Montrose in HS. He could score off the dribble the second he stepped on the court at Maryland. Yes, he's obviously older than Lonzo doing that in the league, but he had a skill that Lonzo has never had. I guess my point is, and like others have said, I think it's extremely hard to just all of the sudden develop an in-between game. He legitimately has zero touch when he's inside the paint.

Can he get better at it? Sure. He's a highly intelligent kid and seems to have a good work ethic.

What if he doesn't get significantly better at it though? How is his point production going to greatly improve?
So when he was uninjured and unable to hold a starting gig.....

Listen I'm not trying to convince anyone that he can suddenly develop a scorers mentality. That's completely irrational and not what I'm trying to debate at all

Reasltically imo, his best bet, again, is to pray his 3 point shot set shot becomes proficient. I don't think that's too much to ask for, but I know it's easier said than done

If his 3 point shot ain't improve then he's not going to become an all star. I think it's black and white, but on topic with ball vs grevis, to me you're comparing a starter to a backup

I guess I just don't really see the route for him to be an 18+ PPG scorer like every other all-star PG has been for the last 10+ years. Teams are starting to guard him like a shooter, and he doesn't have the ability to do anything off the dribble.

I'm not trying to make a LITERAL comparison of the two players...

It's obvious that one is significantly more athletic than the other. However, that player is also scared of contact and has zero touch on anything inside the 3pt line.

For a guard bounce does not equate to being good at finishing at the rim.
Of course it doesn't, but it certainly helps to have that as a foundation to improve on finishing in traffic, not to mention being 6'6

It certainly helps in transition

I never once thought ball would come straight into the league finishing in traffic. It's nice to see him getting to the rim though, he's there more than I'd even thought he would be

Once he adds some experience, perhaps some strength and the fact that he'll be the older one, put that with his bounce and height.. I don't think his rim finishing is by any means written at this point

45A0A347-8CF2-4C8B-8928-72A5CF60BD20.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom