• No. 8

Votes: 29 49.2%
  • No. 24

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sixers success was all dependent on Embiid health. We got a sample of how good the team could be last year when he’s playing consistently

Fast forward to now and we at 40 wins and could crack 48-50 with the schedule remaining

They all dumb. I remember telling my friend we was gon win 45 & he thought i was crazy. Now look, we on pace for even more than that with this easy schedule remaining lol
This is harsh........I feel you though, get them shots off broski.

Nobody thought Embiid was the best Center in the game.(pretty easy to see after his first of the thirty one games he played last year)
Nobody thought he'd play more than 31 games even this year.(he would have played them all this year if they didn't hold him back, let me tell it)
Nobody believed Simmons was real.(even I let antidope sell me on THAT. Had me projecting the amount of shots at x% he'd need to avg 16ppg and doubting that)
They aren't dumb though.(they just weren't ready to raise the Kat like we were)

Now, today....is all that matters. There is a reason why they play the games. Now, we have believers.
Phila fans been bearable this year, the whole lot of us.
I mean, ryanjumpman and collector and that one GSW fool 21Jumpstreet or whatever his name was, well they make BUC EM look like JD617 in comparison.
Yall cool.
Bust them guns.
Everytime a Phila fan posts I hear that *shotgun cock and pop pop* from Bone and Pacs Thug Luv

This thread was extremely down on Philly. Saying Embiid would miss half the season, etc.

Predicting Embiid would miss significant time this year was not a hot take. The man played 31 games in his first three years. Going off historical precedent, it wasn’t unreasonable to assume the same for this season. In addition to him, with a significant injury history, they were going to be relying on two rookies in Simmons and Fultz. What other team can you think of given that scenario (two rookies and an injury prone big man leading the way), folks were high on?

I will gladly admit that I was wrong about the success of the 2017-2018 Philadelphia 76ers. However, I refuse to say that thinking they’d be under .500 and/or miss the playoffs was a hot take. Yes, it was an incorrect take but by no standard, historical or otherwise, was it hot.

This thread was extremely down on Philly. Saying Embiid would miss half the season, etc.

Exactly. We won 28 games last year with Embiid only playing in 31 games and Ben not playing at all and the general consensus in here was that they’d win 35 games tops and it was insane for me to think we’d win at least 42.

I was told there was also zero chance in hell the two of them would play more than half the season together. I think the over/under in here was like 30 games.

I was also told there was zero chance Ben would average 16 points, 6-8 assists and 6-8 rebounds like I said he would. After I said that like 20 people quoted me with rolling laughing faces calling me the biggest homer on earth. And here he is still averaging those exact numbers.

So please continue to expect me to talk my ****
BE43EF42-6AE4-433A-8A32-A64F2E3262FB.png

I was wrong about the Sixers... For the hundredth time.

3F44318A-00C2-41F8-8313-BC3481F2C670.jpeg

I was getting bets on here for hundreds and thousands of dollars for my predictions :lol: I could have paid off my damn student loans if I took all y’alls bets

Exactly. We won 28 games last year with Embiid only playing in 31 games and Ben not playing at all and the general consensus in here was that they’d win 35 games tops and it was insane for me to think we’d win at least 42.

I was told there was also zero chance in hell the two of them would play more than half the season together. I think the over/under in here was like 30 games.

I was also told there was zero chance Ben would average 16 points, 6-8 assists and 6-8 rebounds like I said he would. After I said that like 20 people quoted me with rolling laughing faces calling me the biggest homer on earth. And here he is still averaging those exact numbers.

So please continue to expect me to talk my ****
BE43EF42-6AE4-433A-8A32-A64F2E3262FB.png

3F44318A-00C2-41F8-8313-BC3481F2C670.jpeg

Yo buc em buc em , I’m happy for you and ima let you finish.

No buts. Ima just truly let you finish. You deserve it.

No one was really going to give you thousands of dollars. If history is any indicator you'll be lucky if you get all the money you're owed right now.

There is usually one person on the side of those bets that is trying to set up trusts or business entities, talking about getting binding legal documents drafted and is truly bout that action that gets responded to with “ :rofl: it’s not that deep, man. My word is my word but w/e :lol: ” like folks don’t routinely flake on here.

I don't know about Champions but they were more or less always a lock for the finals

And people were questioning if Raptors were pretenders

There is usually one person on the side of those bets that is trying to set up trusts or business entities, talking about getting binding legal documents drafted and is truly bout that action that gets responded to with “ :rofl: it’s not that deep, man. My word is my word but w/e :lol: ” like folks don’t routinely flake on here.

This is true.

I’m just not a big gambler and I was kinda broke at the time so I didn’t wanna take any bigger money bets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom