• No. 8

Votes: 29 49.2%
  • No. 24

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
i wonder why around the arena? why not around the police station? what'd the players and fans do wrong to not be allowed to attend the game?

I'll NEVER understand this argument. It's to raise awareness so people will stop and question at the very least while this BS keeps happening. Protest isn't supposed to be comfortable.

Sounds like this is step one to just trying to get him on the court with a full surgery in the off season

3 weeks left until the playoffs start. Way things look they are gonna definitely need him for the 1st rd. Best not to risk anything long term.

I'll NEVER understand this argument. It's to raise awareness so people will stop and question at the very least while this BS keeps happening. Protest isn't supposed to be comfortable.
this
you choose a venue where there will be a lot of ppl

You don't think people are aware of police violence? You dont think it's common knowledge that black men and women are targeted? My point was, take it to them. Who protests at a place that has nothing to do with it? Simply because you'll be seen? Whom are you trying to be seen by? The people you want to actually change, or people that did nothing wrong? If I'm organizing a protest, it's not outside little ceasars arena. It's out side of the major police stations in each city. It's out side of the mayor's and governor's mansions. It's outside of our congress buildings and city council. I want to make the people in charge uncomfortable..the citizens are uncomfortable as is. Probably using bball games and other sporting events as small escapes from the bs of daily life.

You don't think people are aware of police violence? You dont think it's common knowledge that black men and women are targeted? My point was, take it to them. Who protests at a place that has nothing to do with it? Simply because you'll be seen? Whom are you trying to be seen by? The people you want to actually change, or people that did nothing wrong? If I'm organizing a protest, it's not outside little ceasars arena. It's out side of the major police stations in each city. It's out side of the mayor's and governor's mansions. It's outside of our congress buildings and city council. I want to make the people in charge uncomfortable..the citizens are uncomfortable as is. Probably using bball games and other sporting events as small escapes from the bs of daily life.

Apparently a lot of people weren't aware of the murder by police that took place on this past Sunday night until last night when the people protested at the arena. It's brought much more eyes to another unarmed black man being killed in his own backyard. It's been the same unfortunately for these other protests in Ferguson, NY, Baltimore, etc. They've disrupted people's daily lives (commutes, work, etc.). They haven't exclusively been at police stations or city halls. Cause obviously THOSE people in charge there don't give a damn enough to enact real policy for change.

Apparently a lot of people weren't aware of the murder by police that took place on this past Sunday night until last night when the people protested at the arena. It's brought much more eyes to another unarmed black man being killed in his own backyard. It's been the same unfortunately for these other protests in Ferguson, NY, Baltimore, etc. They've disrupted people's daily lives (commutes, work, etc.). They haven't exclusively been at police stations or city halls. Cause obviously THOSE people in charge there don't give a damn enough to enact real policy for change.

But you have to ask yourself..what is the outcome that is hoped for by these protests? They still arent making the people doing it uncomfortable. It's everyone else that has to deal with the hassle of the protests and they dont make a difference as police officers and chiefs arent voted in. It'd be different if we had a vote like we do for senate races and such. Raising awareness is step 1...what are you going to do once you have their attention is the real question?

A handful of cops have been clipped in downtown detroit in the past yr. Not saying its right, i feel...something about it...not sure if i feel bad or not....but that DEFINITELY sends a message.

Protest around arena doors before game time. People weren’t able to enter the arena and were told to go home. Everyone who was already inside and sitting in the upper level were told to move down and sit whereever

Think they got free food and drinks too

Saw this last night, was wondering then if they would have let those folks come down that close, or close the doors if Bron or Golden State was in town when tickets are at a premium. And money will be spent in the team shop, never mind free food and drinks.

I can understand the argument freeze is making. Instead of making citizens uncomfortable, make the people who did it and the people who can do something uncomfortable. That is logical. However, I don't care who is uncomfortable because people are dying. Daily. If those citizens who were inconvenienced gave a damn enough about black bodies to do something the protests wouldn't happen in the first place. Mfs wanna praise us for everything we do when we entertain them then have the nerve to catch an attitude when we say stop killing us. Nah, **** that. You gone hear it until there's change. And what's inevitable next is violence. There's hundreds of years to prove this, I don't know why this is surprising to these folks in 2018.

But you have to ask yourself..what is the outcome that is hoped for by these protests? They still arent making the people doing it uncomfortable. It's everyone else that has to deal with the hassle of the protests and they dont make a difference as police officers and chiefs arent voted in. It'd be different if we had a vote like we do for senate races and such. Raising awareness is step 1...what are you going to do once you have their attention is the real question?

A handful of cops have been clipped in downtown detroit in the past yr. Not saying its right, i feel...something about it...not sure if i feel bad or not....but that DEFINITELY sends a message.

I've already stated it's to raise awareness man. Why do you think Kap took a knee at the national anthem of the most watched weekly event in America instead of in the locker room? It's to gain eyeballs. The policy changes are much more nuanced and require more than just an initial protest but there has to be a collective desire by the masses at least to say enough is enough to put as much pressure as possible on the entities in power to do something. This is one major way to do that. There have been marches to police stations and city halls out here in LA for a number of things including fatal police shootings, which means to me they don't care. Cause they keep happening out here almost on a weekly basis.

Last edited:
Screenshot_20180320-181054.jpg

cleaning-eye-glasses.jpg

I can understand the argument freeze is making. Instead of making citizens uncomfortable, make the people who did it and the people who can do something uncomfortable. That is logical. However, I don't care who is uncomfortable because people are dying. Daily. If those citizens who were inconvenienced gave a damn enough about black bodies to do something the protests wouldn't happen in the first place. Mfs wanna praise us for everything we do when we entertain them then have the nerve to catch an attitude when we say stop killing us. Nah, **** that. You gone hear it until there's change. And what's inevitable next is violence. There's hundreds of years to prove this, I don't know why this is surprising to these folks in 2018.

I agree fully with all of this.

And to be honest...violence imo is the only way. Bully isnt gonna stop because you asked nicely. You gotta ball that fist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom