• No. 8

Votes: 29 49.2%
  • No. 24

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
But you have to ask yourself..what is the outcome that is hoped for by these protests? They still arent making the people doing it uncomfortable. It's everyone else that has to deal with the hassle of the protests and they dont make a difference as police officers and chiefs arent voted in. It'd be different if we had a vote like we do for senate races and such. Raising awareness is step 1...what are you going to do once you have their attention is the real question?

A handful of cops have been clipped in downtown detroit in the past yr. Not saying its right, i feel...something about it...not sure if i feel bad or not....but that DEFINITELY sends a message.

We been protesting forever. Unless your protest is backed by something it changes nothing. As long as white folks are in power nothing is gonna change in this country. Not all of them but A LOT of them have this strong hatred/jealousy with black people and it's never leaving. Only way you fight violence is with violence. Ain't protesting, no praying, no speech. It doesn't sound good but that's what it is. That's why I didn't feel nothing when the brother in Dallas killed those cops. They've set these rules.

I've already stated it's to raise awareness man. Why do you think Kap took a knee at the national anthem of the most watched weekly event in America instead of in the locker room? It's to gain eyeballs. The policy changes are much more nuanced and require more than just an initial protest but there has to be a collective desire by the masses at least to say enough is enough to put as much pressure as possible on the entities in power to do something. This is one major way to do that. There have been marches to police stations and city halls out here in LA for a number of things including fatal police shootings, which means to me they don't care. Cause they keep happening out here almost on a weekly basis.
Awareness? For who? The family who bought the tickets and just wanted to attend the game? Are people wrong for trying to go to an event? Why are they being punished? Raising awareness is a ******* joke when shootings like the one in Texas doesn't change a damn thing. what the **** is a protest outside an arena or on the highway going to do. Just causes chaos and inconvenience. Decision makers are fully aware of the ******** that's going on, doesn't mean they're going to change a damn thing. The fact we have a certain person in power who openly defends racist ***** in Virginia shows it's not awareness we need to raise, it's better children and people.

Protest does need to be supported with violence or the threat of violence, yes. However, pretty much every major social change in America was preceded by protest. The country was created due to protest. It is, quite literally, the most American thing you can do. Mfs just mad that once again they have to consistently have their racism exposed

Awareness? For who? The family who bought the tickets and just wanted to attend the game? Are people wrong for trying to go to an event? Why are they being punished? Raising awareness is a ****ing joke when shootings like the one in Texas doesn't change a damn thing. what the **** is a protest outside an arena or on the highway going to do. Just causes chaos and inconvenience. Decision makers are fully aware of the bull**** that's going on, doesn't mean they're going to change a damn thing. The fact we have a certain person in power who openly defends racist ***** in Virginia shows it's not awareness we need to raise, it's better children and people.

Read a book my guy on the history of protest in this country and see where the most effective ones took place. *Spoiler alert the greatest ones weren't where nobody could see them or didn't cause disruption to daily life*

whaa bout rd 1 tho?

tenor.gif

Defense will carry them into Round 2.

Also Brown is coming back in a few days :nthat:

Read a book my guy on the history of protest in this country and see where the most effective ones took place. *Spoiler alert the greatest ones weren't where nobody could see them or didn't cause disruption to daily life*

What exactly gives you hope these protests changes anything?I don't think you're wrong and that I'm right, I'm just extremely pessimistic about social issues now. Fact we need to go on some protest in 2017 in Boston for anti-racism is ****** beyond comprehension. 2017 man. 2017 and we have to march against Nazi ideas. Just wtf.

I applaud protest and have told my students that civil disobedience is the duty of every citizen. But ain't nobody telling me I can't enter an arena when I payed for my ticket. Y'all better move your *** on up out the way or reimburse me. Power to the people.

What exactly gives you hope these protests changes anything?I don't think you're wrong and that I'm right, I'm just extremely pessimistic about social issues now. Fact we need to go on some protest in 2017 in Boston for anti-racism is ****ed beyond comprehension. 2017 man. 2017 and we have to march against Nazi ideas. Just wtf.

Change isn't made overnight. I've seen and been a part of the work to do so. There are good people in this world of all races that do care about black folks plight and will keep fighting in whatever way they can to keep putting pressure on those in power to improve conditions.

It's not about me being wrong or right, but literally this country gaining independence, women's suffrage, civil rights, gay rights, all came initially from protest. I'm not sure our generation will follow up with the violence if necessary and I hope quite frankly it doesn't come to that but looks like they'll be no other choice soon.

Sorry if that disrupts a ball game or your commute.

These dudes ballplayers, not doctors....kawhi's injury and tony's injury are VERY different. 1 was a clean tear...another is chronic inflammation, that actually is worsened by the sporadic nature of hard stops and quick cuts and trims of playing defense.

Tony has no clue what he's talking about. Kawhi should pull up on him for these words.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom