• No. 8

Votes: 29 49.2%
  • No. 24

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
They need as many tradable contracts as possible. They wouldn't be able to trade anyone they sign this upcoming summer until mid-season.
Ooooh okay. But the other main point I got from the article is that it’s nearly impossible for him to come unless he and cp3 take major paycuts or anderson is traded? Correct?

How does that specifically make it easier for them to add Bron though?
The article didn’t really explain

They need as many tradable contracts as possible. They wouldn't be able to trade anyone they sign this upcoming summer until mid-season.

Bingo. B Sox hit it right on the head. I find it fascinating that on basically the eve of their most important playoff run maybe in franchise history, they're already pivoting to put themselves in position to trade for LBJ.

Like...A seemingly insignificant signing of Tim quartermann on the last day of March could allow the rockets to trade for Lebron James.

Ooooh okay. But the other main point I got from the article is that it’s nearly impossible for him to come unless he and cp3 take major paycuts or anderson is traded? Correct?

Not necessarily. If Morey is willing to go into the Luxury Tax, they could pay Capela, CP, And Ariza and depending on if they can move Ryan Anderson or not, keep him too.

A roster with Harden, Paul, James, Capela and Ariza could start at $125 million. If Anderson is too difficult to move, then that's another $20 million.

A payroll of $160 million in salary could cost $119 million in tax. With that kind of penalty, the Rockets may be even more motivated to get out of Anderson's deal.

Regardless, the franchise would be on the hook for a massive payroll—but then they'd have a shot at building a powerhouse roster, capable of unseating the Warriors.

It’s mad funny and predictable that you try and make this argument like “well all star players take and miss shots” and then post a bunch of volume stats.

My dude: it doesn’t apply. None of those players have the highest usage rate in the history of the NBA. None of those players are statistically the worst 3 point shooters at volume in the entire league. Sorry but Russ isn’t Kobe, Harden, whomever.

He’s not BAD, he’s incredible at certain things he’s just bad in the clutch and has serious flaws.

What does any of that have to do with the fact, that he had an INCREDIBLE season last year that people constantly try & downplay because they don't like his style of play? What does any of that have to do with the fact that his style of play helped the Thunder Win way more than it helped them Lose?

I've never compared Russ Skill To Kobe's, :lol: at saying he's "bad" in the clutch & then saying he's No Harden. I have never tried to Make Russ some flawless player like a lot of ya'll do with other players on this site. Simply pointing out that he a legendary player who Gives his team a better chance to win whenever he's on the floor.

and I know you don’t like stats so I wanted to share the eye test

Yuck

OMG A Star Player Took A bad contested Shot HOW COULD HE..... His Analytics are gonna be in shambles

giphy.gif

What does any of that have to do with the fact, that he had an INCREDIBLE season last year that people constantly try & downplay because they don't like his style of play? What does any of that have to do with the fact that his style of play helped the Thunder Win way more than it helped them Lose?

I've never compared Russ Skill To Kobe's, :lol: at saying he's "bad" in the clutch & then saying he's No Harden. I have never tried to Make Russ some flawless player like a lot of ya'll do with other players on this site. Simply pointing out that he a legendary player who Gives his team a better chance to win whenever he's on the floor.
BTW before it gets there I think Russ is a really good player. Easily top 10 in the league. One of the best going to the basket I have ever seen. Great rebounder for his position even aside from the teammate box outs. Incredible strength and speed, lebron esque. Can get to the line any time. Can be a very good playmaker when his head is on right. Just a great scorer. Would take him on any contending roster.

It’s just so goddamn frustrating that he has been in the league this long and he’s capping his own potential as a true all timer with some of these tendencies and mental lapses. The three point shooting thing is josh smith esque at this point. I always defended Russ when he was playing with KD and people trashed him. But he, his coaches, we as fans can’t be satisfied with this.

OMG A Star Player Took A bad contested Shot HOW COULD HE..... His Analytics are gonna be in shambles

giphy.gif

That’s an even weaker comeback than I expected

Literally no other star does that on a regular basis like ya boy :lol:

There would be A LOT of moving parts. If they can move Anderson, they are likely going to have to give someone a freshly signed Capela, or multiple first rounders. Houston would obviously want it to be the latter.

Again my question with This Whole Lebron To Hou thing is... Outside of Capella Why in The hell would Cleveland want Anything from Houston? They have no young assets, The Picks will be second rounders, & their big salary Players aren't helping in a rebuild.

There would be A LOT of moving parts. If they can move Anderson, they are likely going to have to give someone a freshly signed Capela, or multiple first rounders. Houston would obviously want it to be the latter.

Nah. Capela’s not going anywhere, It would be multiple picks.

I REALLY do Hope Houston gets Lebron, Just To use as a case study moreso than Basketball purposes.

Would Love to see how quickly The Rockets go from Best Offense in history with The MVP & one of the GOAT Pg's.... to Aging PG & selfish ISO Scorer who couldn't get it done.

Yeah everything the Rockets are doing now for LBJ is to keep Harden/Capela/CP together.

Whatever path they take, the Rockets have enough flexibility to pursue James this summer and pay Paul, Capela and even Ariza to return.

I would hate to see Luc go, He plays hard and is real active in the community.

He probably played his self outta the Rockets price range.

81. When he sat, Oladipo had 20, 9, & 6, hit the game-winning jumper, Sabonis had 19 & 9, they outrebounded KAT and the Wolves by 19, and got a road win.

He played 81 games and had the highest usage rate of all time. If you believe that was due to necessity...I really don't know what else to tell you.

I couldn't care less if you think he's the MVP...I'm simply pointing out the situation his "trash" teammates were in last season. Between last season and this season's roster with a "Big 3"...there's a common denominator.

Thanks. But yeah, those guys were bad when he went to the bench. He deserved it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom