• No. 8

Votes: 29 49.2%
  • No. 24

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
None of these are major advantages.. so yeah stop trying to throw shade about the whole sophomore thing. I’m sure you didn’t care when Blake Griffin “stole” Wall’s ROY
These are absolutely major advantages.

They were playing choreographed basketball when he was on the bench and giving up leads? Did he play all 82? If he didn’t, what did guys do when he sat?

I don’t know the answers to those questions. I do remember watching games and seeing leads disappear way too quickly when he sat. He deserved the mvp.

EIt's just the continued narrative for people who don't like Westbrooks style of play, The Thunder team Won A LOT more often when Russ had a triple double opposed to when he didn't, yet somehow people are still trying to frame it as if it was a detriment to the team.

I feel like Simmons and Mitchell might get that Co-ROTY like brand/franchise and hill/kidd.

if i had to pick one it would obviously be simmons but i really hope mitchell wins it

DZj-8G6VAAExb7Q.jpg

Morey already pivoting

Why doesn't he deserve the MVP this year though?

He has a better Supporting cast, he started the year slow, he's averaging about a full 7 points less, & there's a few people ahead of him in terms of what they did this year. People like to make the Joke that he got the MVP Purely off numbers (As If those weren't other wordly numbers) but he had Huge games & made winning plays often last season.

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2017/4...westbrook-clutch-highlights-buzzer-beater-mvp

He has a better Supporting cast, he started the year slow, he's averaging about a full 7 points less, & there's a few people ahead of him in terms of what they did this year. People like to make the Joke that he got the MVP Purely off numbers (As If those weren't other wordly numbers) but he had Huge games & made winning plays often last season.

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2017/4...westbrook-clutch-highlights-buzzer-beater-mvp

You can’t post that without posting the insane 4th quarter meltdowns and bad misses he had... just like last night.

If you take those types of shots that much of course you’re going to make enough to put a highlight video together :lol:.

It’s not as sexy a video when you stop passing and miss 5 threes in the 4th while your teammates keep getting you the ball back on defense.

You can’t post that without posting the insane 4th quarter meltdowns and bad misses he had... just like last night.

If you take those types of shots that much of course you’re going to make enough to put a highlight video together :lol:.

It’s not as sexy a video when you stop passing and miss 5 threes in the 4th while your teammates keep getting you the ball back on defense.
He didn't watch those games you speak of though.

Brett Brown definitely deserves COTY when you have a rookie who can’t shoot, another rookie who forgot how to shoot, a big who can’t stay healthy and a guy who still hasn’t come over yet. And still might win 50 games lol

They were playing choreographed basketball when he was on the bench and giving up leads? Did he play all 82? If he didn’t, what did guys do when he sat?

I don’t know the answers to those questions. I do remember watching games and seeing leads disappear way too quickly when he sat. He deserved the mvp.

He played 81 games and had the highest usage rate of all time. If you believe that was due to necessity...I really don't know what else to tell you.

I couldn't care less if you think he's the MVP...I'm simply pointing out the situation his "trash" teammates were in last season. Between last season and this season's roster with a "Big 3"...there's a common denominator.

giphy.gif

Thanks for Highlighting that Star players Don't always Make the right play, so enlightening.

Led the league in fourth Quarter Scoring, Led the league in baskets scored in close games under 5 minutes. His team had a something like a 70% winning percentage when he got a triple double.... & yet somehow he's the detriment to the team.

Russ was BY FAR more conducive in that team winning games than he was in losing them. Every star player has games when he makes bad plays at the end. He's no different But last year he made way more positive plays than negative & he got rewarded for it. This year Harden will Get awarded for it, let's Hope him & CP haven't saved those late game blunders for when it matters most.

None of these are major advantages.. so yeah stop trying to throw shade about the whole sophomore thing. I’m sure you didn’t care when Blake Griffin “stole” Wall’s ROY
Did you not read my previous post about how I was the only one saying he'd succeed at point guard? I like him more than most on this board so I'm the last to throw shade at him

The majority of NT pretty much thinks the Jazz should sweep the COY, DPOY and ROY awards.

With a worse record and easier schedule than the Sixers and possibly not even making the playoffs.

giphy.gif

Thanks for Highlighting that Star players Don't always Make the right play, so enlightening.

Led the league in fourth Quarter Scoring, Led the league in baskets scored in close games under 5 minutes. His team had a something like a 70% winning percentage when he got a triple double.... & yet somehow he's the detriment to the team.

Russ was BY FAR more conducive in that team winning games than he was in losing them. Every star player has games when he makes bad plays at the end. He's no different But last year he made way more positive plays than negative & he got rewarded for it. This year Harden will Get awarded for it, let's Hope him & CP haven't saved those late game blunders for when it matters most.
It’s mad funny and predictable that you try and make this argument like “well all star players take and miss shots” and then post a bunch of volume stats.

My dude: it doesn’t apply. None of those players have the highest usage rate in the history of the NBA. None of those players are statistically the worst 3 point shooters at volume in the entire league. Sorry but Russ isn’t Kobe, Harden, whomever.

He’s not BAD, he’s incredible at certain things he’s just bad in the clutch and has serious flaws.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom