• No. 8

Votes: 29 49.2%
  • No. 24

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
When you have two or three other shooters with you on the floor with him, Simmons' shooting matters less

As evidenced by what Philly is currently doing

Not to mention Joel missing 25% of the season and Philly offense still rolling

Simmons needs to get some sort of jump shot, there's no doubt about this, but in his first season leading the offense to these results, it's foolish to say there's some sort of low ceiling with Ben as your point guard

Some people just refuse to say "yeah I was wrong" :lol:

Simmons is never gonna be a threat from 3 but what he has to do progress the way Greek Freak has. Get a mid range shot and hit at least 74% from the FT line so you won't be a liability in the playoffs.

I mean, the Sixers do look pretty damn good.

Simmons was toying with the Cavs last night.

Fultz finding his rhythm.

Redick having a career year.

Embiid is arguably the best big man in the league.

Covington is the consummate 3 and D guy.

Don’t sleep on the additions of Ilyasova and Belinelli. Solid vets.

Definitely the team I’m most looking forward to watching in the playoffs.

Greek freak overrated as hell Simmons will definitely be better than that clown

giphy.gif

What are the reasons, besides a few leadership quips, that the Thunder are underachieving?

Can't be all Melo and I don't think injuries or their bench has been so bad. Loss of Roberson+ Melo+ meh bench?

To recap

Boston can't beat Philly in a 7 game series
Toronto Can't beat Philly in a 7 game series
Cleveland can't beat Philly in a 7 game series

Anything less than Finals is a choke, right?

Boston without Kyrie should not beat us at full strength 4 out of 7 games.

Raptors and Cavs would both be tough series, could go either way, but we got idiots in here talking about the Cavs sweeping us.

Reactions: HIM
What are the reasons, besides a few leadership quips, that the Thunder are underachieving?

Can't be all Melo and I don't think injuries or their bench has been so bad. Loss of Roberson+ Melo+ meh bench?

Melo takes 40% of the blame, he really has been awful. Losing Roberson was a underrated blow to their team, defense has suffered tremendously. Pat P has been a non factor all season off the bench. Coaching hasn't been the best either with Billy D.

Should have brought Melo off the bench after that first month.

Last edited:
The current discussion is "Ben will forever struggle to lead a team to a league average offense as your point guard"

He's already proven that statement to be false in his first ever season
I don't care about that. I was talking about his scoring ability.
I will say that the quote is probably true if he's the best player on your team and his shooting doesnt improve.

I don't care about that. I was talking about his scoring ability.
I will say that the quote is probably true if he's the best player on your team and his shooting doesnt improve.
It's absolutely not true though, since the season is over and they're not struggling to be just league average

Joel also missed a quarter of the season on top of that

It's absolutely not true though, since the season is over and they're not struggling to be just league average

Joel also missed a quarter of the season on top of that
I actually just checked and they have an oRTG of 106.6 with Ben and without Embiid which is just above the league average of 106.2.
Sadly that won't show us how the team would actually look out there for a whole season with Ben and no Embiid so take that however you will.

I actually just checked and they have an oRTG of 106.6 with Ben and without Embiid which is just above the league average of 106.2.
Sadly that won't show us how the team would actually look out there for a whole season with Ben and no Embiid so take that however you will.
So they were above league average you say?

Ben as your best player is quite a different discussion than Ben as your point guard, either way, yes it's not difficult to say if Simmons doesn't improve his shooting and he's your best player, the offense will suffer

Lol I am totally open to being wrong but I've said many a time on here that I value shooting at the guard position moreso than the average person. I also said last week to BucEm that I was wrong.
That's not a terrible theory to have but when you're talking about Ben, there's other factors to include and seems like there's a closed mindess when it comes to him

All good he has proved folks wrong already about his ability to play lead guard, he just gotta keep evolving

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom