• No. 8

Votes: 29 49.2%
  • No. 24

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was one of those people. I specifically said there's a certain ceiling in your offense when your lead guard not only isn't making threes he's not even a threat to take them. It kills the spacing.

I stand by it
He's surrounded by good scorers so the impact of his poor shooting is reduced.

It’s still kind of crazy that Brett Brown has nobody talking about him for COY but Nate mcmillin and Quinn Snyder are getting more talk then him. Last time I checked those teams didn’t have 10 wins and 28wins the last 2 seasons & the Sixers are currently doing better than both teams. And you can’t use the excuse that they have talent with embiid and Simmons. Then D’antoni shouldn’t be considered either

Not to mention Ben can score himself
He can, he has great touch around the basket, but he has to get there first and when there's no threat of you scoring from outside it's not that easy.
In the playoffs when teams can simply focus on each others weak spots over a 7 game series he might not be as effective a scorer.
He's honestly not that effective right now. 50/0/50 scoring isn't exactly the best shooting splits we've ever seen.

He can, he has great touch around the basket, but he has to get there first and when there's no threat of you scoring from outside it's not that easy.
In the playoffs when teams can simply focus on each others weak spots over a 7 game series he might not be as effective a scorer.
He's honestly not that effective right now. 50/0/50 scoring isn't exactly the best shooting splits we've ever seen.
Well, of course his shooting splits won't be good lol he doesn't shoot maybe can't shoot (yet)

The playoffs are a different animal no doubt and right now he's going to most likely depend even more on his shooters to help him out

Still like I said, it's his first year, the results are very promising without any semblance of a jumper. This playoff experience will most likely teach (force) him to develop a jumper, I believe he will within the next two or three years

Plus you figure fultz will take over lead guard duties and the topic sort of goes out the window

We're talking about current ability. Sure he can get better. Almost anyone can get better.
Bron in his 30s and still improving. It doesn't relate to the current discussion.

We're talking about current ability. Sure he can get better. Almost anyone can get better.
Bron in his 30s and still improving. It doesn't relate to the current discussion.
The current discussion is "Ben will forever struggle to lead a team to a league average offense as your point guard"

He's already proven that statement to be false in his first ever season

Fully expect the same ole folks to slander the hell outta Ben for his first playoff run

Ready for it

With the market shaping up the way it is, I wonder if guys like JJ and KCP just sign another 1 year deal

Think the loaded one year deal was kind of a handshake that’ll stick around on a 2 year $30 million type of resign

B9DDD45B-00AC-4D53-B1A8-D3CC32835280.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom