• No. 8

Votes: 29 49.2%
  • No. 24

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The opportunities of an average G league player isnt ideal to say the least. If he busts and sucks he might not find a place to develop. If the G league team doesnt use him since they feel he isnt ready to contribute.He really isnt left with good options. An 18 year old Kid living alone in Iran isnt ideal and foreign coaches HATE young players.

Again...sounds like the actual job market.

Your making straw man scenarios of the worst that can happen...when there are best/worst case scenarios that can happen in any situation.

Billy Preston went the NCAA route...and it didn't work out for him.

The notion that playing overseas is always good is wrong. If youre a below average G league player youre not playing in China, Philippines and Korea where the bags are bigger(ABL doesnt count trash *** league). This is due to the limit on foreign players this applies to central american leagues too.Top Euro clubs also wont pay you cause they can get better players you can play div 2 euro ball which is hell. You might be left playing for 45k for 4 months of work cause thats how long the season is in Iran, Lebanon etc,

This.

Ty Walker is somebody I personally know. Dude was the #7 prospect in the country going into his senior year. Was a huge disappointment at Wake Forest where he left in 2012, went undrafted and bounced around the D-League, played in some lower level leagues overseas and I don’t think he’s even played professionally in like two years now. And this is a dude that actually had some good D-League performances and had all the measurables in the world. This man would tell all of us his senior year of high school that he was gonna be one and done. Eight years after that, never touching an NBA floor, making crap for money, crappy living conditions in random *** countries and his pro basketball career was already over.

But....he has his degree from Wake Forest that he can fall back on and tons of connections from college to get a real job with now.

Again...sounds like the actual job market.

Your making straw man scenarios of the worst that can happen...when there are best/worst case scenarios that can happen in any situation.

Billy Preston went the NCAA route...and it didn't work out for him.
Yea the worst case scenario is hes a complete bust and cant really develop due to lack of opportunity. College as bad as the basketball is gives him more security. Would he still choose to go pro if he knew he wasnt gonna get burn? And sort of forced to play elsewhere after a year

648A0326-F2E2-4DCA-9F44-D2AFDC0338E1.png

This.

Ty Walker is somebody I personally know. Dude was the #7 prospect in the country going into his senior year. Was a huge disappointment at Wake Forest where he left in 2012, went undrafted and bounced around the D-League, played in some lower level leagues overseas and I don’t think he’s even played professionally in like two years now. And this is a dude that actually had some good D-League performances and had all the measurables in the world. This man would tell all of us his senior year of high school that he was gonna be one and done. Eight years after that, never touching an NBA floor, making crap for money, crappy living conditions in random *** countries and his pro basketball career was already over.

But....he has his degree from Wake Forest that he can fall back on and tons of connections from college to get a real job with now.

There will always be stories of guys not making. That’s life and any profession.

The dude you’re talking about averaged 3 and 3 as a 7 footer. I don’t think he’s a cautionary tale

Yea the worst case scenario is hes a complete bust and cant really develop due to lack of opportunity. College as bad as the basketball is gives him more security. Would he still choose to go pro if he knew he wasnt gonna get burn? And sort of forced to play elsewhere after a year

Do you care this much about the other sports that have minor leagues and the NCAA?

Do you care about what happens to the kid that went from high school to the minor leagues and never gets called up to the MLB?

Also the billy preston situation can also happen to him. Dude doesnt have a team right now so hes not getting paid and injured.

Do you care this much about the other sports that have minor leagues and the NCAA?

Do you care about what happens to the kid that went from high school to the minor leagues and never gets called up to the MLB?
Breh i dont watch other sports so idc and i dont know about their system. What does that have to do with this?

Also the billy preston situation can also happen to him. Dude doesnt have a team right now so hes not getting paid and injured.

Billy got into a car accident and the police investigated how he coups afford the car. 100% racial.

At least that’s the story I read.

I feel like these are 2 narratives from 2 separate groups of people that he just combined thinking he up to something making a good point. Then it just muddies up the waters of discussion. I see this all the time.

I don't think anyone saying Ben isn't a rookie thinks that he shouldn't make the all star game because he's a rookie. People who probably felt he's a rookie said that he shouldn't make it because he's a rookie.

Billy got into a car accident and the police investigated how he coups afford the car. 100% racial.

At least that’s the story I read.
Well thats some BS.
But i was talking about his pro career. Dude got hurt playing in bosnia so they released him and he didnt exactly ball out.

Breh i dont watch other sports so idc and i dont know about their system. What does that have to do with this?

Because it's a prime example of the hypocrisy when it comes to the NCAA/NBA and other sports (other demographics).

You put on your NCAA hat and blurt out all these random *** everything-that-can-go-wrong scenarios pretending like you care about the kids futures.

Yet you don't put the same energy when it comes to to pointing out everything wrong and exploitative about the NCAA. Somehow...a kid skipping the NCAA to play elsewhere ranks higher on your list of concern than corruption by the same organization.

Meanwhile...we have a 100 year system occurring in baseball...and nobody says **** about it.

Miss me with that college degree nonsense as if you care.

I wonder if ya'll knew the amount of seniors in the NCAA that don't actually end up getting their degrees.

Well thats some BS.
But i was talking about his pro career. Dude got hurt playing in bosnia so they released him and he didnt exactly ball out.

Billy is working out for the draft though. He didn’t play at Kansas for free, maybe made a little change. If he’s a second round pick, it’s a win for billy and his family

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom