• No. 24

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I been calling Leonard to Clips as well

B Sox offer is better though

B Sox, you willing to swap Brown with Tatum if it comes down to it though?
I honestly think Tatum might be untouchable. Especially for Kawhi who only has 1 year left on his deal and could bolt.

Jaylen/Terry/Pick is better than anything anyone else could offer Spurs other than something like Ingram/Ball. And even then, the Celtics could trump Lakers with draft picks.

Yeah the C's basically can trump anything the Clippers could put together.

The two lotto picks + Gallo is what I would offer and the C's can for sure trump that.

C's Roster could look like
Max Contract Kyrie
Max Contract Hayward
Max Contract Kawhi
Max Caontract Horford

If young stars like Giannis, Simmons or KAT were on the table, then yes, they would move Tatum in a heartbeat. That’s completely unrealistic though.

You have to look at the situation with Kawhi though. You’d be trading a 20 year old that has already shown immense potential that you’d have under team control for the next 7 years, for a guy that is an incredible player, but is coming off of a weird injury in which it seems like he’s afraid to play, for one of the best franchises in sports, and you only have him under team control for 1 season, and you wouldn’t be able to give him the super max.

That is a MASSIVE risk.

If young stars like Giannis, Simmons or KAT were on the table, then yes, they would move Tatum in a heartbeat. That’s completely unrealistic though.

You have to look at the situation with Kawhi though. You’d be trading a 20 year old that has already shown immense potential that you’d have under team control for the next 7 years, for a guy that is an incredible player, but is coming off of a weird injury in which it seems like he’s afraid to play, for one of the best franchises in sports, and you only have him under team control for 1 season, and you wouldn’t be able to give him the super max.

That is a MASSIVE risk.
So, this is a similar scenario to the Lakers proposal of Kuzma + Ingram + first rounder for Leonard

Yeah I don't know if I'm wiling to do that, I mean from both Boston's and LAL's perspective

I will say though, I do not believe Leonard is scared to play at all, I think he's acting out towards the organization for the handling of the injury and situation

Leeeeego!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

So, this is a similar scenario to the Lakers proposal of Kuzma + Ingram + first rounder for Leonard

Yeah I don't know if I'm wiling to do that, I mean from both Boston's and LAL's perspective

I will say though, I do not believe Leonard is scared to play at all, I think he's acting out towards the organization for the handling of the injury and situation
Yeah, I don’t really know what to make of the Kawhi/Spurs situation, but even if you take that out of the equation, I still don’t think it would be the smartest move.

Yeah, I don’t really know what to make of the Kawhi/Spurs situation, but even if you take that out of the equation, I still don’t think it would be the smartest move.
Agreed, I don't think it's overvaluing your guys for not parting with Kuzma + Ingram or Tatum

That is a MASSIVE risk.
Even with the risks stated (I'm sure that Ainge will do his due diligence before any trade) there is an enormous value gap between Tatum and Kawhi. "We're not giving up Luol Deng for Kobe" big.

Also Kawhi actually matches up better with the Celtics current timeline of Kyrie, Hayward, and Horford than Tatum does. The age is not an issue.

If you’re the Sixers, would you trade Simmons for Kawhi?
Tatum is not Simmons.

That is a MASSIVE risk.
Keep tryna tell some of these Laker fans the same ****. Dudes are so desperate for a big name, just to say they got one.

You’re being really near-sighted, IMO. Tatum has shown a more advanced game than the majority of his all-star wing contemporaries did at the same age. He’s FAR more skilled than Giannis was at the same age, for example. Doesn’t guarantee he will be that kind of player, obviously, but he is a special talent, that you know for a fact that you can have on your roster for the next 7 years.

Simmons is basically 2 years older than Tatum. Let’s see what Tatum looks like when he’s about to turn 22.

Somebody in the Laker thread said "we got to trade for Kawhi before the Celtics do". :lol:

What kinda logic is that?

Imagine if the Warriors in 2010 said "we must trade Steph and Klay now to compete with the Lakers"

If you got young talent that's showing great potential you keep building it.

Yeah it doesn't make as much sense for the Lakers because you are a lot younger than Boston. Boston has the pieces to compete now if they make that trade now. Kyrie-Kawhi-Hayward-Hordford-Brown is a top level roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom