Not open for further replies.
So we got
JVG
Blatt
Woody
Mark Jackson
Fiz
Stackhouse

Gimme either Blatt, Fiz, or Stackhouse. Blatt got the short end of the stick over in Cleveland. Wouldnt mind us giving him another chance. Fiz too.
And Jerry can probably relate to players the best and coached D-League champions so knows how to work well with developing players.

i wish they would reach out to bud... he would be a good fit for the knicks

I thought he had signed but I guess he just expressed interest in doing so. Regardless you wouldn’t trade for Kawhi without a commitment.
No players are going to be willing to give a commitment these days. Bron has empowered everybody to take complete control of career direction.

Heard an interesting take on the Leonard situation.

Ultimately he’ll be gone this offseason but there were a lot of things that led up to it.

First he was mad about them not resigning Dedmon and Simmons, even more so after he saw the contract that Gasol received. Leonard was ready to play early in the season but the spurs took their usual conservative approach. Out of frustration due to wanting to play he sought out his own medical advice. Once he was cleared by them he brought it to the spurs FO. The FO then put out the reports that they had already cleared him to play to save face. According to source apparently there’s been discontent with Pop amongst the young players. Aldridge was ready to go, but pop made amends when the FO didn’t get what they thought would be fair value.

So yea... Leonard is likely gone this offseason.

I don’t think the Spurs trade him just to appease him. If they get equal value or close to it, that’s one thing. But if they’re not getting adaqute offers, it makes no sense to trade him for 40 cents on the dollar.

He’s under contract for the next two seasons. Teams are going to be reluctant to give up too much unless he agrees to an extension, so unless the Spurs make some type of concessions on what they get in return, I see this dragging out a bit.

What’s crazy though is that if Kawhi has soured a relationship with the best ran organization in basketball I’m sure in the back of some gm’s minds they’re wondering what makes them think he’s going to be any more manageable for their team.

I do not understand Knicks fans really wanting David Blatt like that. You need to be a good communicator to coach in a city like that. That city would eat him the **** up if they were below .500 again next year. If your argument is that he took the Cavs to the Finals then please remind yourselves that Ty Lue looks like one of the most useless coaches on planet earth and he won a championship with that same team.

Fizdale is the guy they should be hoping for. He could bring some swagger back to that team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom