• No. 8

Votes: 29 49.2%
  • No. 24

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not understand Knicks fans really wanting David Blatt like that. You need to be a good communicator to coach in a city like that. That city would eat him the **** up if they were below .500 again next year. If your argument is that he took the Cavs to the Finals then please remind yourselves that Ty Lue looks like one of the most useless coaches on planet earth and he won a championship with that same team.

Fizdale is the guy they should be hoping for. He could bring some swagger back to that team.
We don't need swagger. We just need good coaching and development.

People always make a lot of assumptions about what "the city wants" or what type of guy "can cut it in New York".

The Knicks just need to get better and start winning lol. There are a million ways to skin a cat. Anyone who can make this team better will be embraced.

We certainly don't require big personalities or "tough guy" types or gritty shoot first point guards. No idea where all these stereotypes come from

Yea, nobody gives a **** how you communicate if you're winning. Developing talent and being a good coach should be all that the Knicks are worrying about with this hire.

Saw Kenny Atkinson yesterday while I was getting pizza in industry city. Asked him to move out of the way so I could grab a water bottle from the fridge. Unassuming guy. He was talking with his friend about Mbah a Moute being out for the playoffs.

Saw Kenny Atkinson yesterday while I was getting pizza in industry city. Asked him to move out of the way so I could grab a water bottle from the fridge. Unassuming guy. He was talking with his friend about Mbah a Moute being out for the playoffs.

Wait what?

Yeah he was like "Mbah a Moute is out for the whole playoffs?" and his friend was like "Yeah I heard he separated his shoulder." Something like that.

Damn. He looked totally fine at practice the other day. Was dribbling and palming the ball like nothing happened.
1E977FA7-24AE-467C-90DF-DA0EB53FBAD8.png

Are there any publicly available stats that can tell you if a player is a good defender?
DMorey: no

dmorey[S] 503 points 3 days ago

High-level answer - defense is very difficult to measure as it is super contextual with significant interaction effects. The publicly available data that I have seen either does not account for these difficulties for various reasons – lack of data, poor approach, etc…

Stat dweebs and blog thumpers, beta boys alike, your God has spoken. I don't wanna see none of that dbpm and all that bull **** cited around these parts. I'm not having it. Eye test>>>. And that's the last word

Just to rub even more salt in the wound
dropdatdurkadurk 96 points 3 days ago*

I get how flawed all the public stats and public tracking data are for evaluating defense, but how would you recommend an interested fan go about trying to evaluate how good a player is at defense? Is it really just "You have to watch tons of games that's all you can do without access to team/private data" or do you think there are actual public data/metrics that can help supplement game watching to evaluate how good someone is at defense?

• dmorey[S] 186 points 3 days ago

I think no substitute for watching a ton of games. The longitudinal APM approaches might provide the best loose ordinal ranking to start.

Beta boyz catching the blues today

They were...he was paying homage to them.

B9051548-8802-4E0E-A38F-28FDFF0EF303.jpeg
5D4C0815-AE57-4D4C-AB08-A0355C17CABA.jpeg

What Nike and bron have done with these 15s are so dope. From the diamond turfs, griffrey, 95’s and these. Hats off to them.

This is the type of stuff people envisioned when the xx9's came out. It's cool how Jordans are usually the guinea pigs for new tech nowadays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom