Votes: 29 49.2%
  • No. 24

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
100,000% agree.

The point is that you, like most fans, have zero coach evaluations skills and just make assessments based on your emotions at the time.

In that theory you have zero coach evaluation skills as well so we’re all just going by what we’ve seen and heard over the internet.

Pathetic
Not entirely sure how the NBA determines the cap.They should lower it by a million and spread the million to the d league affiliate. These guys shouldnt be earning 35k only

Well it is 7k per month so annualized it would be $84k. That said I understand professional athlete careers don't really work like that, that is no offseason plus not much time to train.

In that theory you have zero coach evaluation skills as well so we’re all just going by what we’ve seen and heard over the internet.
Yes you are correct. And that's why you don't see me talking about rotations or saying X coach is good or bad unless we have clear evidence over a period of time.

Pathetic
Not entirely sure how the NBA determines the cap.They should lower it by a million and spread the million to the d league affiliate. These guys shouldnt be earning 35k only

Eh. It's for what, like 6 months? Most of them really aren't that great. The g league itself doesn't generate money like that so I think the salary reflects that

Yes you are correct. And that's why you don't see me talking about rotations or saying X coach is good or bad unless we have clear evidence over a period of time.

Man, (and I'm guilty of this too at times) it's always funny to me hearing fans scream that this coach is bad, and this coach's defensive principles or bad or whatever, when they have not a clue what their defensive principles are. Or that this coach is a bad offensive coach, when they have no idea what offensive system they run :lol:

Eh. It's for what, like 6 months? Most of them really aren't that great. The g league itself doesn't generate money like that so I think the salary reflects that

Yeah every NBA team is taking a loss by housing a GL team, that's why it took so long for every team to get their own.

Average G league player can get around 22k a month overseas. Recommended a dude who averaged 11 a game in the D league to a club they negotiated an offer around 25k a month. This guy i played pick up with was the 10th man on his d league team now he earns around 70k for half a years work.

Whether great or not id like to see them compensated better.

For foreign teams trying to bring in a player from the d league they charge buy outs sometimes worth 50k for a player earning 25k **** is ******.

Nah I went to like 3 south bay and AC Clips games this year. From a pure basketball perspective, they should be paid more. Eye thought the play resembled pro level minor league basketball.

But literally no one comes to the games and unless you are a two way guy or a player sent down on assignment, your contract is given to you via the G league. You're signing to the G-League not the NBA / GL, and if the GL makes ****, then how can the players be paid more?

Even w/that, as we see today they can pay those guys more, but there's definitely a cap to that because of the revenue or lack thereof, that the GL brings in.

Smart thing would be to just go overseas then. If g league is a seperate entity from NBA I can't justify paying more than what the league earns

Is it even feasible to invest in marketing and try to generate interest in the league? Do you guys really see that being effective? Nba basically been doing that with the wnba from day one, no? Last I heard that league is bleeding money too

The what the G league lacks in revenue making. Should be offset by the fact that it can develop rookies and young players. The raptors bench or 70 percent of it i’d guess improved a lot cause of stack and getting burn in the D league.

Smart thing would be to just go overseas then. If g league is a seperate entity from NBA I can't justify paying more than what the league earns

Is it even feasible to invest in marketing and try to generate interest in the league? Do you guys really see that being effective? Nba basically been doing that with the wnba from day one, no? Last I heard that league is bleeding money too
Yea its a tough choice to make if you’re a player.
The G league no doubt is the easiest path to the NBA but they dont pay well.
Overseas minimal exposure and the obstacles you have to go up against just the get called up but they compensate you better

The what the G league lacks in revenue making. Should be offset by the fact that it can develop rookies and young players. The raptors bench or 70 percent of it i’d guess improved a lot cause of stack and getting burn in the D league.

I don’t understand why every team doesn’t have a G-league affiliate. It clearly works from a developmental standpoint.

I don’t understand why every team doesn’t have a G-league affiliate. It clearly works from a developmental standpoint.

I mean the Wizards just got one for next season, by this time next year every team in the league will probably have their own.

But these owners are about their bread man, and that's like a guaranteed loss of money. And some of these owners feel like it's a waste. I know for a fact Ballmer did w/us. Silver basically is forcing teams to get GL franchises now. They feel like, none of the actual GL players make impacts on the NBA level. The ones that do, aren't real GL players they're just players who are on assignment, (Or two way guys now)

That's the thing, it's always been puzzling to me how g league MVPs, scoring leaders and what not can't even get call ups or if they do they really can't cut it in the big leagues. If anything it's kinda misleading to pretend like the league is a legit path to the NBA. Seems like a perfect bridge to overseas play tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom