• No. 8

Votes: 29 49.2%
  • No. 24

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mavs should look into Randle & Jabari. Small ball lineup with Bari at the 4, Randle at the 5 would work well.

They have the money and no lure for FAs. Kind of have to crapshoot it with RFAs and see how it goes.

At a certain point gotta start prepping for Dirk to be gone.

Mavs have a lot of cap holds I believe. Pretty sure they can add one big contract, but that's it for this summer. A lot more flexibility next summer when Wes is off the books.

Do they need defense? Or do they need a defensive system?

Either way, I agree that they don't need to go big.
Probably need both, that coaching job should be one of the most attractive as well

No reason to have Bledsoe Giannis and whiteside as your starters

Bledsoe should be moved though he's not a fit and they don't have time to see if he ever becomes one

So Carmelo averaged 7.3 points and 0.3 assists in the playoffs and he’s getting $28m next year? Crazy!

A bad contract is 110% on the front office
giphy.gif

yep

Mavs should look into Randle & Jabari. Small ball lineup with Bari at the 4, Randle at the 5 would work well.

They have the money and no lure for FAs. Kind of have to crapshoot it with RFAs and see how it goes.

At a certain point gotta start prepping for Dirk to be gone.
That's exactly what they shouldn't do. They need to continue to tank and look for stars in the draft not spend big money on C-list free agents.

They can do both though.

DSJ (don’t even care if you hate him)
Doncic
Randle

That’s a good start
When you are as far away as the Mavs are why spend big on a player like Randle? It doesn't make sense. Even if Doncic is a star that trio you described is... not good.

I would say the same to the Knicks signing Randle. He isn't a next level piece, he's on the level of the free agents the Mavs have been signing in recent years. Yeah he's young but the Mavs are 2-3 years away at best.

When you are as far away as the Mavs are why spend big on a player like Randle? It doesn't make sense. Even if Doncic is a star that trio you described is... not good.

I would say the same to the Knicks signing Randle. He isn't a next level piece, he's on the level of the free agents the Mavs have been signing in recent years. Yeah he's young but the Mavs are 2-3 years away at best.

What’s big money? Randle isn’t getting a max. He’s exactly what they need in a 3rd piece at becoming a good team. Luka/Randle/ DSJ still yields a lottery pick too.

And there’s nothing wrong with being 2-3 years away.

What’s big money? Randle isn’t getting a max. He’s exactly what they need in a 3rd piece at becoming a good team. Luka/Randle/ DSJ still yields a lottery pick too.

And there’s nothing wrong with being 2-3 years away.
Put it this way: I think Randle will get more than he deserves on the market this summer and I'd rather keep the cap space because I think he's totally replaceable. Being 2-3 years away is fine, but what I meant is you are under no pressure to sign players now in order to contend with your roster. It's not like a Wizards or Bucks who might have to take a shot at a Randle (if they had space) because of the makeup of their team.

Is Randle totally replaceable? It's a rarity that a talented young player like that like that is even on the market in the first place.

Is Randle totally replaceable? It's a rarity that a talented young player like that like that is even on the market in the first place.

Exactly.

He rebounds, defends, plays hard. He’d be a welcomed addition here. Even if they overpay, Barnes and Matthews coming off the books in 2 years while your young talent DSJ and Luka are still on cheap deals.

A buyout doesn't even make sense though.

'Melo will exercise his player option for sure. If I'm OKC I just use next season to try and implement an actual offensive scheme and let Paul George walk this offseason. Having 2 ball dominant players (Westbrook & 'Melo) is far more manageable than having 3.

Not totally, we don't got anyone else that hits the boards like him, especially if Brook comes back. If he leaves I assume Kuz takes the starting PF slot, then it's Ball, Ingram, Kuz, Lopez, KCP if he comes back or another free agent/Hart. Randle's presence would be missed, plus he's the best defensive big we got. Kuz and Brook would be swiss cheese in the paint.

So Carmelo averaged 7.3 points and 0.3 assists in the playoffs and he’s getting $28m next year? Crazy!

and with no desire to come off the bench. okc should just buy him out or sit his *** on the bench regardless of his demands
if PG comes back, russ got to allow the majority of the offense to run through PG if there isn't a real system in place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom