• No. 8

Votes: 29 49.2%
  • No. 24

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't but I would agree if there's any flag with Doncic it's his speed. He does look slow. On the other hand he is big.

Being crafty >>>>>

He’s going to be a high volume PNR guy, he doesn’t have to be a fast. I’d like to see him use less dribbles though

I think he’ll be a really good player strictly because of how skilled he is combined with his IQ.

Being the best player on a contender? Na I don’t see it. Mainly because I can’t see him being one of the best offensive talents in the league (Harden) or a good defender.

You can plug him on any team and he’ll be a contributor from day 1 though.

Feel like the only coach that’ll help Russ buy in, in some way, would be Phil Jackson. Similar type of competitive arrogance he coached in MJ and Kobe.

Since that’ll never happen though, it’s time to pair Westbrook with a pass first PG. Literally the only thing that hasn’t been tried.

Feel like the only coach that’ll help Russ buy in, in some way, would be Phil Jackson. Similar type of competitive arrogance he coached in MJ and Kobe.

Since that’ll never happen though, it’s time to pair Westbrook with a pass first PG. Literally the only thing that hasn’t been tried.
He'd need to move off ball for that to work. And if he did it would work. But....

Might need to send Stackhouse to OKC to beat Russ' ***

I think he’ll be a really good player strictly because of how skilled he is combined with his IQ.

You can plug him on any team and he’ll be a contributor from day 1 though.

E885163C-6180-4542-B8BF-35EE929BF180.jpeg

Can’t wait...

Moving russ off the ball would help, but man...he's such a polarizing talent.

There's no way around it. He's too small to have that big of a usage rate and not come close to league average from 3.

He's gotta get off the rock a bit, but really he's gotta learn how to shoot, which is tough given that he's about to be 30.

Wish OKC had a pick so I could advocate Dragic to OKC (Although in reality, Russ is going to be Russ in crunch time)

Best I could hope for is James and Tyler Johnson for Melo but OKC probably wants the capspace more than years on contract ftom them(Who still wants to come play with Russ anyway?)

I don’t think you can move Russ off the ball. His shot selection is already poor as it is with the responsibility of getting teammates involved.

I don’t think you can move Russ off the ball. His shot selection is already poor as it is with the responsibility of getting teammates involved.

The issue to me is, even if you move him off the ball his usage rate is still going to be sky high and if you can't shoot, you can't justify the sky high usage rate.

Moving russ off the ball would help, but man...he's such a polarizing talent.

There's no way around it. He's too small to have that big of a usage rate and not come close to league average from 3.

He's gotta get off the rock a bit, but really he's gotta learn how to shoot, which is tough given that he's about to be 30.

He is what he is at this point. Everybody can’t win. Russ is one player I hate on the most....but hes a top 10pg of all time and has been a top 6-10 player in a stacked league over the past 4 years.

Had he not tricked people into believing he’s better than he actually is due to stat padding...his outlook would be more favorable

Riley doesn't really care much about preserving whatever value Whiteside has left. Dementia starting to kick in

"By the time we got to the playoffs, I don't think he was ready," Riley said Monday, six days after the Heat were eliminated by the Sixers in five games. "He wasn't in great shape. He wasn't fully conditioned for a playoff battle mentally. He and we got our heads handed to us."

"I'm not going to give him any kind of excuse," Riley said. "But (Whiteside's) season started with an injury, and all year long there was a dilemma of some kind."

"The disconnect between (Whiteside) and Spo, that's going to take a discussion between them and it's going to take thought on the part of coach and also Hassan," Riley said. "How will Hassan transform his thinking -- 99 percent of it to get the kind of improvement that Spo wants so he can be effective? How can Spo transform his thinking when it comes to offense and defense and minutes or whatever?''

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom