• No. 8

Votes: 29 49.2%
  • No. 24

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
SVG should still be with Orlando. I'll never forgive Dwight Howard and Alex Martins for ****ing it up

F Martins. That bum should have been gone a while ago. At the very least, I wish they would have removed him this offseason when they dismissed the training staff.

On another note, SIAP, but a pretty good article about Keyon Dooling. Dude had some demons. Hats off to the Celtics; first class in the way they handle it:

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/keyon-dooling-the-ghost

I don't really think Casey deserves to go but I understand it. I don't see how it is the coaching and not the roster that caps this team, but the coaching change is easier to make. With the flexibility he showed in Toronto especially this last season he should find a new job soon.

Sounds dumb but kind of afraid of the Raptors stink being attached to the Bucks, because I don't think he's at fault either. But with that said Casey would be a good second option for us if we dont get Bud.

A lesser talented team in Indiana pushed the same Cavs to 7 and you couldn’t win one game?

It’s not all on Casey but something has change
You guys assign way to much credit and blame to coaches. It's clearly on the players. They weren't good enough, and the players also folded mentally. They couldn't execute at the end of games. Casey put the team in a position to win if they could reach out and grab it. They couldn't.

Honestly this team has no business being a #1 seed in the first place, imo.

You guys assign way to much credit and blame to coaches. It's clearly on the players. They weren't good enough, and the players also folded mentally. They couldn't execute at the end of games. Casey put the team in a position to win if they could reach out and grab it. They couldn't.

Of course it’s a players league but with an average margin of defeat of of 18, something isn’t right. Raptors suck but you shouldn’t sit on your hands. It’s no different than the Mavs canning Avery Johnson

Yet you didn't address the fact that a team like Indiana got 3 wins

So yes, Toronto absolutely cannot get swept. Basic and true

Yea can't put much or any of it on Casey. He changed the entire style of play they had to fit with the modern NBA. Played a deeper roster so his best 2 players wouldn't be gassed. And they had ample opportunity to win 2 games vs CLE. He wasn't out there missing their last 11 FGs in Game 1, JV blowing hella bunnies in the process. He made the right call in bencheing Derozan cause he played like a punk out there in Game 3 and the team came back. Outside of maybe trapping Bron on that final play in Game 3, schematically not much more he could have done. This is ALL on the players.

And Casey trotted our an injured VanVleet. Then started an injured VanVleet. He kept playing a 40 year old Ibaka. Left derozen on Kevin Love way too many times.

Back to back sweeps in the Eastern Conference Finals shows me that something isn't translating when times get hard for Toronto. Those guys clearly don't have much trust in whatever game plan Casey is coming up with. He's put the franchise in a great place but he clearly isn't the guy destined to get them over that proverbial hump.

Even simple things such as an out of bounds play after a timeout shows ineptitude on the coaches part. Throwing the ball into the back court with 10 seconds left to go into an isolation play. Garbage coaching.

Yet you didn't address the fact that a team like Indiana got 3 wins

So yes, Toronto absolutely cannot get swept. Basic and true
Why is that Dwayne Casey's fault? Should the Raptors make a play for Nate McMillian?

Yea can't put much or any of it on Casey. He changed the entire style of play they had to fit with the modern NBA. Played a deeper roster so his best 2 players wouldn't be gassed. And they had ample opportunity to win 2 games vs CLE. He wasn't out there missing their last 11 FGs in Game 1, JV blowing hella bunnies in the process. He made the right call in bencheing Derozan cause he played like a punk out there in Game 3 and the team came back. Outside of maybe trapping Bron on that final play in Game 3, schematically not much more he could have done. This is ALL on the players.

Exactly.

Back to back sweeps in the Eastern Conference Finals shows me that something isn't translating when times get hard for Toronto. Those guys clearly don't have much trust in whatever game plan Casey is coming up with. He's put the franchise in a great place but he clearly isn't the guy destined to get them over that proverbial hump.

Even simple things such as an out of bounds play after a timeout shows ineptitude on the coaches part. Throwing the ball into the back court with 10 seconds left to go into an isolation play. Garbage coaching.
The team is not good enough.

You all literally know zero about what is and isn't good coaching. Just stop with that :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom