Don't worry I got you fam.

Exhibit A: immediately after Lonzo's 1st summer league game

Screenshot_20171019-113620.jpg
Screenshot_20171019-113836.jpg

VS

The Game vs the Sixers where he had 36/11/8/5/2

So as I said keep that same energy from when he struggles as when he does well.

dangelo-russell-getty-ftr-033016_1vjkfnxl0lq0o13jh3z9xtj02j.jpg

See this is what I was talking about :lol:. Dudes with broke as jumpers have sound mechanics but a guy who never ran pnr can't develop into a pnr player. There's a reason every pg under mda puts up numbers. It's not that hard to run

MKG came in the league with bad mechanics... He still has bad mechanics. You're creating a false equivalency. When we say they have sound mechanics that doesn't mean that they will become improved shooters, just that the foundation is in place. Touch is a huge part. Similarly, when talking about PnR.... That's the single most important skill for a PG. Having never run it, it's perfectly reasonable to think that chances are you'll never be able to at the professional level. It's already extremely difficult to run in general, as a pro that is exaggerated. I've said it in previous debates but you guys don't understand the nuances that go into being really good at a skill at this level and thus tend to think that you can add things to your bag easily. No. Most often if you become great at something the foundation was there long before being drafted

Ok. **** is your point? It's people that agree with the stuff I say too. I just happen to disagree with some of the popular takes in here.

Dudes in here think Jokic is better or as good as Boogie, nobody outside of NT thinks that.

Dudes in here thought Steph was a better player than Lebron.

Dudes think Steph is close to Magic nobody outside of this thread think that ****.

So if we pointing out bias, tell the full story but ya'll never do that.

sabu.png

There's a difference between believing something you believe based on seeing what you already thought and believing something based on both seeing it and looking at data. You don't do the second. You don't even understand the data given to you. The people who do just happen to work with players who are at that level. Which is why they exist in the first place. But sure whatever you're saying

Having never run it, it's perfectly reasonable to think that chances are you'll never be able to at the professional level.

Stopped reading right here. This is my whole point. Lots of times yall will look at dudes who've never been able to shoot, play defense etc and project them developing into it. If someone has never really run pnr there's nothing to go off so how can you even say they'll likely never be able to when damn near every pg runs it to some degree of effectiveness. Like I said there's way more examples of guys learn to run pnr than there are developing a shot out of thin air

People outside of NT also don't listen when you tell them that Demarcus Cousins has been fat for years and it drastically hinders his game.

People outside of NT have told me that Russell Westbrook is an elite shooter.

People outside of NT will have you believing that Steph Curry is a horrible defender. The public by and large doesn't know enough about basketball for their opinions to be valued.

Two days ago Charles Barkley said Chris Paul wasn't a good spot up shooter and I'm sure I will hear that nonsense repeated by someone.

with the new schedule and season starting early, did they pretty much eliminating back to backs? how do you feel about that?
always enjoyed seeing teams go through those crazy stretches. 4 in 5, etc

They did the Rockets dirty. An away back to back right outta the gate. Whole teams was on fumes by the 3rd quarter :lol:

There's a difference between believing something you believe based on seeing what you already thought and believing something based on both seeing it and looking at data. You don't do the second. You don't even understand the data given to you. The people who do just happen to work with players who are at that level. Which is why they exist in the first place. But sure whatever you're saying

Son you can't tell me what I understand. Lol

Ya'll post incomplete #'s. Understand that people can disagree with you, it's ok... You ain't as smart as you think.

Stopped reading right here. This is my whole point. Lots of times yall will look at dudes who've never been able to shoot, play defense etc and project them developing into it. If someone has never really run pnr there's nothing to go off so how can you even say they'll likely never be able to when damn every pg runs it to some degree of effectiveness. Like I said there's way more examples of guys learn to run pnr than there are developing a shot out of thin air

No. There aren't. Which is why it's a flag. Again, when projecting what a player will become etc... Most often, in reality 100% of the time, that's based on skills that are already there. It's EXTREMELY difficult to add skills at this level. Like close to impossible. If there is no foundation there is no reason to believe you'll build it. Is it possible? Yes. No one ever said it isn't. But it's not logical to believe that someone will with no basis

The two ongoing debates in here:

1. Is NT too mean to Lakers fans?
2. Are stats fake and for nerds?

Man, can we move on from this bs

1. DLO > Lonzo
2. We got that lottery team mentality we only care about Stats shieeet its not like we can win a ship anyway

Stopped reading right here. This is my whole point. Lots of times yall will look at dudes who've never been able to shoot, play defense etc and project them developing into it. If someone has never really run pnr there's nothing to go off so how can you even say they'll likely never be able to when damn near every pg runs it to some degree of effectiveness. Like I said there's way more examples of guys learn to run pnr than there are developing a shot out of thin air

Even if I were to agree with you,

Going from having no history of running PnR to doing it at an NBA level is one thing...but to go from not running it at all to being able to do it an all star, elite level is an entirely different thing and one that's a major reach

Even if he eventually becomes a PnR maestro anything above being average at it is something you shouldn't bet on

Son you can't tell me what I understand. Lol

Ya'll post incomplete #'s. Understand that people can disagree with you, it's ok... You ain't as smart as you think.

You make it painfully obvious that you don't. I never claimed to be the smartest person in here, I'm not. I do however understand what I'm watching, I understand the stats behind it and I understand the nuances in the game. We're not posting incomplete numbers. You just believe things that have no basis in reality because you refuse to look at the game beyond simple box scores

The irony of this is that simple box scores are the epitome of incomplete.

I never understood the willingness to not look at everything there is to offer to understand a spot. No other facet of learning has this mentality.

Well, let's not go there lol

Don’t quote me until you get shots up this week

Late nite Snapchat vids coming right up

No. There aren't. Which is why it's a flag. Again, when projecting what a player will become etc... Most often, in reality 100% of the time, that's based on skills that are already there. It's EXTREMELY difficult to add skills at this level. Like close to impossible. If there is no foundation there is no reason to believe you'll build it. Is it possible? Yes. No one ever said it isn't. But it's not logical to believe that someone will with no basis

Statistically he didn't run it well in summer league but off the eye test he flashed the foundation you're talking about. Plus the basis that pretty much everyone agrees that Zo has a high IQ and is a gifted passer. I'm the type of person that doesn't believe anything is really all that difficult so take that for it's worth.

Even if I were to agree with you,

Going from having no history of running PnR to doing it at an NBA level is one thing...but to go from not running it at all to being able to do it an all star, elite level is an entirely different thing and one that's a major reach

Even if he eventually becomes a PnR maestro anything above being average at it is something you shouldn't bet on

Who said he had to be elite?

You make it painfully obvious that you don't. I never claimed to be the smartest person in here, I'm not. I do however understand what I'm watching, I understand the stats behind it and I understand the nuances in the game. We're not posting incomplete numbers. You just believe things that have no basis in reality because you refuse to look at the game beyond simple box scores

I don't even talk about box scorers so again you don't know what you talking about. Ya'll definitely post incomplete #'s. That's a fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom